"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Hatemail

Reply to topic
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Jan 04 2006 10:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd, do you ever get amusing hatemail? and would you ever share it with us?

I bring it up because of the christmas book article. Eventually, you know you're going to get atleast one message trying to convince you that you should prefer Jesus over cool hats.

That'd be a tough argument to make. After all, cool hats are pretty damn cool.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 04 2006 02:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If I ever got any really amusing hatemail, I would definitely share it. Unfortunately the hatemail I get thus far tends to be people defending Marble Madness and Street Fighter 1 and they don't say anything particularly interesting or make any ridiculous typos.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 07 2006 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And it's certainly not for lack of trying.

I really thought that Ted Kennedy Is Worse Than Hitler would get me some good hatemail, but no dice. Perhaps if I hadn't made it clear that it was a joke, I would have...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 27 2006 02:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the only piece of hatemail that I've received in last 2 months...

----- Original Message -----
To: Syd_Lexia@SydLexia.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:13 AM
Subject: street fighter

I just recently read your post about street fighter, i think your a wanker and a prat for mocking british punk. england is punk, we invented it, you faggot cowboy!

I didn't bother responding this jackass, but for the record, England didn't invent punk. Punk started in America with artists like Iggy Pop, The New York Dolls, and The Ramones, all of whom predate his precious Sex Pistols.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jan 27 2006 07:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Here's the only piece of hatemail that I've received in last 2 months...

----- Original Message -----
To: Syd_Lexia@SydLexia.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:13 AM
Subject: street fighter

I just recently read your post about street fighter, i think your a wanker and a prat for mocking british punk. england is punk, we invented it, you faggot cowboy!

I didn't bother responding this jackass, but for the record, England didn't invent punk. Punk started in America with artists like Iggy Pop, The New York Dolls, and The Ramones, all of whom predate his precious Sex Pistols.

Image hosting by Photobucket

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

OctoMan
PostPosted: Jan 28 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

roffle
Kurt
PostPosted: May 04 2006 01:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tuckster wrote:
roffle

Booo! Anyway, due to my late-minded stupidity of making another thread entitled "Hatemail", I want to give my thoughts on hatemail before rabid forum-dwellers crawl out of the holes in my computer and eat me alive. (Hey, it happened in China.)

Most of it's pretty damn funny. I enjoy a good piece of hatemail much more than a crappy fan letter, but if you ever get those, hey, that'd be alright too. But most hatemail trumps wishy-washy fan stuff by a long shot.

Man, I still can't BELIEVE how stupid I was to make another post pretty much duplicate of this one, with a poll. If we ever make a top 10 stupidity list, I want to be #4.

If I can personally get some idiots to start sending hatemail, I'll try. It'll be a hard, pointless journy with many heart containers, stupid minibosses, and side quests, but I'll come through it in the end and finally manage, by the power of the Triforce, to fall asleep.
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: May 04 2006 02:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got hatemail a while ago for one of my articles on THI. It was pretty boring.
Reply to topic

Jump to: