SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Bad Guys Who Turn Good

Reply to topic
OctoMan
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 09:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, Tebor gave me this idea. What are some cool times when bad guys turn good?

As mentioned, there's the Bond movie where Jaws turns good. There's also (obviously) the whole Darth Vader thing.

There's another one that actually occurred to me only a couple of months ago: Terminator 2. I saw this movie when I was quite young, and so every time I saw it after that I knew that Arnold was a good guy. I never realized until I watched again a while ago what a shock it would have been for people seeing it in the theaters and thinking that Arnold was still the bad guy, for them to hear Arnold say 'get down', and then start shootin' up the T1000!
Darklire
Title: I get a Title?
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 12:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What makes me think in the Terminator movies is that how the hell did people in the future not know how to use EMPs?

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 01:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure they knew how to use them, they just didn't have them in mass production. By the time the robots started to take over, there were probably too many of them to be dealt with by the EMPs in stock. Besides, when your entirely civilization is built around technology, you think twice about using them. I would imagine also that they must be rather expensive to build if terrorists haven't used them on North America yet.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 01:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In a sense, the ending of "Hellraiser II" fits.. Pinhead helping Kristy get away from Dr. Channard. I wasn't sure if that was really cool or out of place, but hey...
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Garland Greene (Steve Buscemi) in Con-Air.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Darklire
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 09:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd: So you wouldnt risk losing your gadgets if you could also reap the electronic blood of your enemies?

And an EMP wouldnt do much damage in the U.S. seeing as how most American cities have back-up generators.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Darklire wrote:
Syd: So you wouldnt risk losing your gadgets if you could also reap the electronic blood of your enemies?

And an EMP wouldnt do much damage in the U.S. seeing as how most American cities have back-up generators.

The way I understand it, an EMP permanently fries hard drives. So if would destroy my hard drive with all my mp3s and the He-Man Christmas special and what not, then yes, I'd rather die at the hands of my cybernetic superiors. There I admitted it.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Um... I should name at least three villain switches, but I can't even think of one at the moment.

1. That astronaught in Armageddon - You know the one that makes Bruce Willis swear on his kids lives that he'll drill the hole in time, so in result he doesn't shoot anyone.

2. The Matrix - Martix 3. Morpheus wins. Why? Cause black people rule, yo!

3. Predator - This might be a cheat. The Predator was never really that evil. Technically he never turned good either. I'm thinking Predator 2, but you can think AVP if you want.

Those were all so lame.

I know, Ed Harris in The Rock! Tears...

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 08:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:

I know, Ed Harris in The Rock! Tears...

I was thinking that too, but I don't know if he was really ever bad. He had never intended to use his weapons, he was just trying to use them as leverage to get pensions for the families of soldiers who died on covert missions.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 09:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein
Oops, he went from good to evil. How about Peter Boyle as the Monster? Does that count?

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

OctoMan
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 09:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
Does that count?

Yeah, sure; I'm not picky. Wink
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 09:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

How about Donkey Kong? He wasn't a movie character, but still.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 11:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Darklire wrote:
What makes me think in the Terminator movies is that how the hell did people in the future not know how to use EMPs?

In Terminator 3, there is the part where the chick terminator who's name (model number) I forget gets stuck to the huge ass magnet. I assumed she'd stop functioning entirely, but once it shuts off she pulls herself together, so I'm guessing that in the future the invented some sort of electronics where weren't affected by the effects of magnetism...though if such a technology were invented I would personally kill the person responsible and destroy all their research, because that's a HUGE liability.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Darklire
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The robots could have developed it themselves.

Reply to topic

Jump to: