"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Have the X Games ever been cool?

Reply to topic
Shut up, Dorn
Title: White Chocolate
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 10:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, I used to like them in like the late 90s, but I just think that was when I was in sixth and seventh grade and I tried to like that stuff.

Maybe it was cool in like 1995, when MTV had that basketball show with the multiple hoops and ESPN 2 had that crazy logo and color scheme.

Now, it just seems like ESPN is just forcing it down our throats because they feel we need some extreme sports in our lives, so they use irritating commercials and annoying commentators to shove it down our throats. I understand that you cant use Brent Musberger to describe it, but you dont need some irritating 24-something to show it to us.

Granted, that 45 feet bailout was pretty fucking sweet. But do we need the X Games EVERY winter and summer? I mean the only extreme sports that are even that interesting to me are Tony Hawk games BEFORE project 8 (but I havent played proving ground yet), and the old Warren Miller films.

Thoughts?

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think it depends on which sport at the X Games. I'm not a street luge guy, but freestyle motorcross kicks ass, always love skateboarding and snowboarding, agressive inline as little of it there is these days is still pretty cool, I hated when they had bungie jumping, so I would say it is cool, but not every event

Reply to topic

Jump to: