Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 06:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
Arcane wrote:
...The Article was cool and all (I'd actually played the game prior to the article, and it's not bad, either [If not a little weird]), but the line about the 'Master' System being unpopular with black people was completely unnecessary, even by sarcasm standards...

This was your first post?

Yes it was, and so what? Most likely, he joined the forums just to post his thoughts on that specific article. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sure there is, how dare he discuss your articles on your forums? The nerve of some people!

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:
Arcane wrote:
...The Article was cool and all (I'd actually played the game prior to the article, and it's not bad, either [If not a little weird]), but the line about the 'Master' System being unpopular with black people was completely unnecessary, even by sarcasm standards...

Yes it was, and so what? Most likely, he joined the forums just to post his thoughts on that specific article. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, and he joined the forums just to say he was offended. And you posted some random guys email with the same kind of complaints.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Blackout
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:
Arcane wrote:

Yeah, and he joined the forums just to say he was offended. And you posted some random guys email with the same kind of complaints.

I don't recall posting anyone's email. Are you referring to Syd? Confused

DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:
Arcane wrote:

Yes.

He knows your algorithm.

Blackout
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
Blackout wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:
Arcane wrote:

Yes.

Damn I've not been granted special access. Sad

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 05:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku, there is absolutely no comparison to be made between Arcane and pattokun. To attempt to do so is to miss the point. Pattokun wrote me a long, hysterical e-mail that accused me of hating the Japanese and that made indefensible and blatantly incorrect assumptions about my character and personal beliefs. Meanwhile, Arcane posted a short, coherent complaint in a calm, rational fashion. His opinion is a reasonable one and I regret that he was offended. But unfortunately, you can't please everyone all the time. There are some *incredibly* sexist jokes in some of my articles as well, most notably Women of the NES, but they're just that - jokes. Not everyone is going to enjoy all the stuff I write, just like there are plenty of sites out there that I don't enjoy.

And as Blackout, said this is the Feedback forum and it is for every type of feedback. This isn't the "Let's see how hard we can suck Syd's e-dick forum"; it is just as much for criticism as it for praise. I'm a big boy, and I can take it. Besides, if some says something that I find unwarranted or unfair, I can always delete it.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Blackout
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 05:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
Sure there is, how dare he discuss your articles on your forums? The nerve of some people!

For the record this post contained an invisible This Is A Joke

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Jul 13 2008 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout, about the special access thing, I'm pretty sure you can just go into usergroups and add yourself into the nwo.

Arcane
Title: Robot Soul Brother
PostPosted: Jul 19 2008 09:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
DarknessDeku wrote:
Arcane wrote:

1) Yeah, it was my first post, but

2) I've been on the site for about 3 years now (The first article I read was the 'Monster Party' review, back when it was 'new' lol ). After that, I've kept coming back.

...Anyway, like I kind of implied in my 'First Post,' I know Syd was (More than likely) being sarcastic in regards to the 'Master System' comment (Just like he was when he called all the (Mainly Hooded) enemies in Rolling Thunder KKK Members. I thought that was funny, btw), but it was simply kind of 'out there' in terms of jokes (And not nearly as funny as the 'Rolling Thunder' joke(s)). I for one had been reading about (And almost bought) the Master System for years now, but I'd never made that 'connection,' if you will, with black people and slavery.

Also, whether that was my first or 5,000th post really shouldn't matter to anyone, myself included. I don't see the point with comparing me to someone who wasted God knows how many minutes writing some long, drawn-out E-Mail diatribe, either--Now that was unnecessary...
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Jul 19 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just saying that's your opinion, and I don't mind if people criticizing your work, but I thought it was weird to join the forums just to say you were offended.

He knows your algorithm.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 19 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wholeheartedly agree that respect shouldn't be based on post count. That is why I removed post count from the sidebar that appears next to people's posts. RegalSin managed to rack up hundreds of posts in his time on the forum and he had nothing worthwhile to say.
Arcane
PostPosted: Jul 19 2008 01:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
I'm just saying that's your opinion, and I don't mind if people criticizing your work, but I thought it was weird to join the forums just to say you were offended.

...I don't know how many times I have to say that I didn't just 'join the Forums just to say I was offended' in order for you (And anyone else feeling the same way) to get it through your head.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 19 2008 05:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I swear to God, some people stop reading after the first sentence. Maybe if you make some sort of chart or flashing graphic he'll catch on. Razz
Arcane
PostPosted: Jul 20 2008 07:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I swear to God, some people stop reading after the first sentence. Maybe if you make some sort of chart or flashing graphic he'll catch on. Razz

lol .I might just have to do that. Razz
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Jul 20 2008 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Arcane wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

lol .I might just have to do that. Razz

Why are you saying I'm stuck on this? You are the one who brought it up again after a weeks time.

He knows your algorithm.

Reply to topic

Jump to: