"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Year of Fictional Death! *Spoilers*

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Mar 23 2006 05:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, first it was Michael Vaughn... then Shannon... and then Edgar... and Tony Almeida! Now, Chef!?

WTF IF GOING ON TV!!!??? STOP KILLING PEOPLE!!!

I'm really getting pissed at all TV shows this year for killing off cast members. How many fictional people have died this season?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 23 2006 06:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I sincerely hope that Season 5 of 24 turns out just to be a nightmare that Jack has while he's being tortured in a secret underground Chinese facility, the same way I hope that Alien 3 and Alien Ressurrection turn out be nightmares bad dreams that Ripley while in cryostasis after Aliens if there's ever an Alien 5.

Writing stuff off as a bad dream is pretty cheesy, but it when the alternative is weak deaths for popular characters, I'll fucking take it.

Killing off Tony was retarded and mean. If the writers wanted to kill him off, he should have died with Michelle. There was no reason to jerk us around and have him barely alive for a few episodes, only to die an anticlimatic death. Fuck you, Joel Surnow.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 23 2006 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I sincerely hope that Season 5 of 24 turns out just to be a nightmare that Jack has while he's being tortured in a secret underground Chinese facility, the same way I hope that Alien 3 and Alien Ressurrection turn out be nightmares bad dreams that Ripley while in cryostasis after Aliens if there's ever an Alien 5.

Writing stuff off as a bad dream is pretty cheesy, but it when the alternative is weak deaths for popular characters, I'll fucking take it.

Killing off Tony was retarded and mean. If the writers wanted to kill him off, he should have died with Michelle. There was no reason to jerk us around and have him barely alive for a few episodes, only to die an anticlimatic death. Fuck you, Joel Surnow.

Did you notice how his wound was healing? I swore he'd be cured by the next episode. Knowing Tony, he'll turn out to be Wolverine.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 23 2006 08:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I keep hoping that the DECEASED tag in Tony's profile on FOX.com is just a red herring and we'll find out that as Tony was being taken morgue, they found weak vital signs that the CTU team initially missed.

Arrrgh, it just makes me mad. His death was sooo B movie. Henderson was supposed to be under heavy sedation, then suddenly he displays above average strength and speed. It's like watching a Friday The 13th movie, but it's worse because the characters actually matter.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Mar 24 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the South Park episode on Wednesday night was brilliant. The eulogy really tied everything together and shifted the tide of disgust away from Issac Hayes and directly onto Scientology. I'm just wondering if those fucking morons (Tom Cruise, Travola, et al) decide to sue Paramount after giving a warning not to play the "overtly condescending" Scientology-themed episode.

Fuck it, I hope they cross over a buring rope bridge, and I hope there's a bear waiting underneath it.

Tebor
PostPosted: Mar 24 2006 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:
I thought the South Park episode on Wednesday night was brilliant. The eulogy really tied everything together and shifted the tide of disgust away from Issac Hayes and directly onto Scientology. I'm just wondering if those fucking morons (Tom Cruise, Travola, et al) decide to sue Paramount after giving a warning not to play the "overtly condescending" Scientology-themed episode.

Fuck it, I hope they cross over a buring rope bridge, and I hope there's a bear waiting underneath it.

Yeah, I picked up on the "don't hate The Duke of New York, blame Scientology"... but they didn't have to rip his face off. Then again, I haven't watched the last eight seasons of this show, so I'm sure that means something.

I wonder who will die on what show next week, cause so far things seem to be one character from some show needs to die every week. Why can't those people from Bones die or something? Or they should kill Orlando Jones on his new show...

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 24 2006 01:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

They could put all those FOX-show characters that die on House M.D. I already love the show but I smell crossover gold XD.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 24 2006 08:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Yeah, I picked up on the "don't hate The Duke of New York, blame Scientology"... but they didn't have to rip his face off. Then again, I haven't watched the last eight seasons of this show, so I sure that means something.

If Hayes ever wanted to come back, I'm sure the door is open. South Park has a surprisingly amount of continuity in regards to character deaths and modifications, but this is the show that used to kill Kenny ever week and bring him back without explanation. Hell, they still do it every once in a while. They also killed off Saddam Hussein in Season 2, but they brought him back to Earth for Season 7's "Christmas in Canada" episode. So if Hayes wanted to come back, I'm sure the boys could find a way to bring out the good in Darth Chef and rebuild him into the Chefinator or something.

Tebor wrote:
Why can't those people from Bones die or something?

Because they're under the protection of a vampire.
S. McCracken
PostPosted: Mar 24 2006 09:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Because they're under the protection of a vampire.

A sissy vampire who proved week after week on B:TVS that he was a total sally and had his testicles removed somewhere around the turn of the 20th century.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 24 2006 09:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, he got his own spin-off. I don't remember Spike ever getting one.
S. McCracken
PostPosted: Mar 24 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Hey, he got his own spin-off. I don't remember Spike ever getting one.

That's because Spike loathes the establishment. Plus, Angel was fucking terrible. Let me see here...you run a detective agency with the both the inferior watcher and the retarded airhead from Buffy. The airhead needs something to do in the plotline so now she's psychic and has a demon baby. (BTW, I only saw two episodes ever when I had the flu and I got all of those facts from watching it twice.) Action and a storyline have been replaced with lame vampire puns and David's talentless portrayal of a vampire searching for redemption. Yawn. I was happy when Buffy staked him in her show.

And there's the thread tie-in: Angel dying on Buffy's show. I hate off-topic stuff.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 24 2006 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I never watched Angel, but it managed to last 5 seasons (only two less than Buffy), so someone was watching it.

David Boreanaz is actually really good on Bones though.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 03 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, tonight the following characters died:

Nadia Santos - Alias (killed by her father after waking up from a coma)
Renée Rienne - Alias (killed by Anna Espinosa as Sydney Bristow)
Ana-Lucía Cortez - Lost (killed by Link from those Matrix sequels)

Pending
Libby - Lost (shot by Michael)

I said it before and I'll say it again

WTF IF GOING ON TV!!!??? STOP KILLING PEOPLE!!!

Man, I'm glad I don't watch The Sopranos or The Shield.

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 04 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wll this is mostly Amercia and think about it folks people fear death itself and convice that there is no way to stop it.

Imagine the guy who scored mad from when he was three and now he has to look at the same thing everyday or he trys to get it on and girls say "your old enough to be my father"

Or the woman who lost the will to have babies.

Even a better example is Richard Pryor just sitting around the place and doing nothing but staring into a wall paralysed with alsimers. He is no longer with us and not even 70.

Still imaginary characters like 24 please. 24 could be canceled and the only thing I would care about is how do grass spreads it's seeds.

Lets not forget Gunpei Yokoi and his Ultra Hand. More important a car acccident and he just started his own pocket toy company. Once again not even 70 or was it around 40?

I don't care if they kill of characters you have to end the series somehow.

Like Pokemon did my cutting everybody off by the umbilical cord. Then Dragon Quest never really began and ended early with DQ6 and it's nice animated sprites that put the recent Mother 3 to shame.

If they never ended anything I would have a wall of Rockman Zero games and another wall of Slayers along with Married With Children in Space.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 04 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

So um, yeah, any other fictional TV characters likely to die in the next two weeks?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: