SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Beverly Hills Cop vs. Lethal Weapon?

Reply to topic
Poll :: Beverly Hills Cop vs. Lethal Weapon?

Beverly Hills Cop
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Lethal Weapon
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 01:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Either way, I'm having a 7 movie marathon.

I miss having a new Lethal Weapon movie in the summer. There's really no other film that compares to the expectation and enjoyment of a new LW film.

I saw the BHC trilogy later on DVD, but I was damned pleased by the franchise. Even that I would love to get a new movie...

Can anything ever replace these summertime films?

X-men? No way.
Mission: Impossible? Just not the same...
Terminator 4? I'll believe it when I see it.
Die Hard 4? Rocky VI? Rambo IV? Now, you're just trying to piss me off... but the correct answer is RAMBO.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 02:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I heard the new Die Hard is called "Die Hard with a conscience". It's about John Mc.Lane's therapy for the horrible mental anguish of having killed so many people. Most of the movie is him crying.
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
I heard the new Die Hard is called "Die Hard with a conscience". It's about John Mc.Lane's therapy for the horrible mental anguish of having killed so many people. Most of the movie is him crying.

You know, I really like it when Willis cries. Especially, in that deleted scene of Unbreakable... the one where's he's in the shower... naked... OMG! I'm gay! Shocked Hold on... Scarlett Johansson... Scarlett Johansson... Scar-leeeeeeett Johaaaaaaaaaaanson... Okay, I'm back.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 07:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

As a franchise, I prefer Lethal Weapon. All of the LW films were pretty solid, BHC3 was kinda weak. In terms of the first Lethal Weapon vs. the first Beverly Hills Cop, I still gotta go with Lethal Weapon. Eddie Murphy was at the top of his game in the 80s, but Axel Foley still can't compare to the dynamics between Riggs and Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 08:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Murdar Machene wrote:

You know, I really like it when Willis cries. Especially, in that deleted scene of Unbreakable... the one where's he's in the shower... naked... OMG! I'm gay! Shocked Hold on... Scarlett Johansson... Scarlett Johansson... Scar-leeeeeeett Johaaaaaaaaaaanson... Okay, I'm back.

If you want more naked Bruce Willis action than you can handle, get Last Man Standing. They should have just called that movie "Bruce Willis gets naked and shoots people".

I like Lethal Weapon better because it makes the Mac-10 out to be this ungodly gun that can fire through a bulldozer's scoopy shovel thing, which is hilariously awesome.

On a slightly related note, does anyone remember the Beverly Hills cop refference in the Clerks cartoon, episode 4, where Reinhold has a dream of him and Axel shoving bananas into people's exhaust pipes? I laughed so hard at that scene, because of the way the car started to drive off all herky-jerky.

What do you know about the new Rambo movie? Is it a prequel (hollywood seems to love this idea now more than ever; Hey, everyone knows sequels are shit, let's make the movie that happened BEFORE that one!) or is it post Rambo III? Or is it somewhere inbetween? I would love to see a movie with more 'Nam action.
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 09:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:

What do you know about the new Rambo movie? Is it a prequel (hollywood seems to love this idea now more than ever; Hey, everyone knows sequels are shit, let's make the movie that happened BEFORE that one!) or is it post Rambo III? Or is it somewhere inbetween? I would love to see a movie with more 'Nam action.

There isn't much of a finished script at this time. In fact, I think the film isn't even financed or green lit yet, just announced.

I've only been hearing it's a sequel. The location seems to jump from either Iraq to the Suburbs.

As Vietnam is a dead horse for so many people currently (most of the older generation (politicans, of course) want to forget it, while the younger generation don't care), it seems unlikely for Rambo to take on Vietnam again, but Korea is fair game.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:

From what I've heard, it is going to be Rambo IV, thus being a sequel. The story involves his daughter getting kidnapped, thus setting him off on a violent manhunt to find the people responsible.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 04:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Murdar Machene wrote:

From what I've heard, it is going to be Rambo IV, thus being a sequel. The story involves his daughter getting kidnapped, thus setting him off on a violent manhunt to find the people responsible.

So... Commando, then?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 05:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
So... Commando, then?

Heh, I guess so. Only slightly less Over The Top.
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1.

I actually tried to buy that movie as part of a double feature DVD for myself for Easter at the local grocery store, but they got rid of those DVDs Sad

Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 10:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
DarkMaze wrote:
So... Commando, then?

Heh, I guess so. Only slightly less Over The Top.

What do you mean, over the top? Like when arnold throws an entire metal pipe through a guy, pinning him to the wall?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 17 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
What do you mean, over the top? Like when arnold throws an entire metal pipe through a guy, pinning him to the wall?

It was a pun... cuz there's actually a Stallone movie called Over The Top.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Apr 18 2006 02:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
It was a pun... cuz there's actually a Stallone movie called Over The Top.

RIP Hacker.

Reply to topic

Jump to: