SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

  [Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Diablo III


Reply to topic
Author Message
Beach Bum
Joined: Dec 08 2010
Location: At the pants party.
PostPosted: Oct 27 2011 07:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really care for the idea of the cash auction house myself. Pretty much makes it so you can buy your way to winning and really negates the whole point of the game to me. Now playing online you just kinda have to try to avoid the people who bought their way to victory so you actually have a challenge when fighting bosses and such.

If it really is going to be online all the time I might not bother to even buy it for that very reason, unless I can make it so no one can come in and ruin my game for me. Otherwise the game looks like D2 with better graphics and some other upgrades so it will hopefully be fun.
View user's profileSend private message
Murdar Machene
New Member
Title: bimmy
Joined: Nov 06 2005
Location: the black warriors turf
PostPosted: Oct 27 2011 08:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like a good singleplayer game but for me the appeal of Diablo has always been in its co-op. However, forcing netplay only is a load of huckashit.

Besides, "drops" are always better in netplay right guys Rolling Eyes
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Atma
Title: Dragoon
Joined: Apr 29 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: Oct 27 2011 09:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
Besides, "drops" are always better in netplay right guys Rolling Eyes

Yep.

Greed never takes over. People always give away things they don't need to the people who need it.

Especially with a Real Cash Auction house for you to greed your gear away with.


"When life gives you lemons, punch it in the dick until it doesn't."
Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Alowishus
Joined: Aug 04 2009
PostPosted: Feb 28 2012 06:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

View user's profileSend private message
Atma
Title: Dragoon
Joined: Apr 29 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: Feb 28 2012 07:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

*shakes with excitement*

Loving the beta myself.


"When life gives you lemons, punch it in the dick until it doesn't."
Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Alowishus
Joined: Aug 04 2009
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 09:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

View user's profileSend private message
Atma
Title: Dragoon
Joined: Apr 29 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: May 01 2012 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://kotaku.com/5906675/blizzard-will-take-a-big-cut-from-any-money-you-try-to-make-from-playing-diablo-iii?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Quote:
When you sell commodities such as gems and recipes on the auction house, Blizzard will take a 15% cut of the final sales price, the developer said in an extensive FAQ posted today. When you sell equipment such as weapons or armor, Blizzard will take $1 per item.

Blizzard will also take its own 15% cut as a transfer fee if you cash out to third-party payment service PayPal. (This is in addition to any fees that PayPal may charge on its own.) If you want to avoid that fee, your only option is to deposit your profits in your Battle.net Balance, which you can then use to buy digital copies of Blizzard games or more items at the Diablo III auction house. Your Battle.net Balance can't be turned into cash. You can link a credit card to pay for items, but you can't use it to receive money.

In other words, if you're selling commodities and you want to turn your profits into real cash (not Battle.net funds), you'll have to pay Blizzard a 15% sales fee, then a 15% transfer fee. If you're selling equipment and you want to turn your profits into cash, you'll have to pay a $1/item sales fee, then a 15% transfer fee.


People are throwing a PISSY fit about this. The way I look at it is...

1) It's technically Blizzard's property. You're playing on their servers, and making money off of their stuff.

2) IT'S A FUCKING GAME. Not a business. This will help crack down on the Damn gold farmers who sell shit constantly.

We'll see. But people are generally pissed off about it.


"When life gives you lemons, punch it in the dick until it doesn't."
Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
Joined: Jan 11 2012
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: May 01 2012 03:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Question: How will they prevent people from buying all of the low auctions and reselling them high?


Image
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill
 
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
Joined: Jul 06 2007
Location: phoenix, az usa
PostPosted: May 01 2012 03:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
1) It's technically Blizzard's property. You're playing on their servers, and making money off of their stuff.

2) IT'S A FUCKING GAME. Not a business. This will help crack down on the Damn gold farmers who sell shit constantly.

We'll see. But people are generally pissed off about it.

i agree w/you on both points


Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

 
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Alowishus
Joined: Aug 04 2009
PostPosted: May 01 2012 06:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
http://kotaku.com/5906675/blizzard-will-take-a-big-cut-from-any-money-you-try-to-make-from-playing-diablo-iii?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Quote:
When you sell commodities such as gems and recipes on the auction house, Blizzard will take a 15% cut of the final sales price, the developer said in an extensive FAQ posted today. When you sell equipment such as weapons or armor, Blizzard will take $1 per item.

Blizzard will also take its own 15% cut as a transfer fee if you cash out to third-party payment service PayPal. (This is in addition to any fees that PayPal may charge on its own.) If you want to avoid that fee, your only option is to deposit your profits in your Battle.net Balance, which you can then use to buy digital copies of Blizzard games or more items at the Diablo III auction house. Your Battle.net Balance can't be turned into cash. You can link a credit card to pay for items, but you can't use it to receive money.

In other words, if you're selling commodities and you want to turn your profits into real cash (not Battle.net funds), you'll have to pay Blizzard a 15% sales fee, then a 15% transfer fee. If you're selling equipment and you want to turn your profits into cash, you'll have to pay a $1/item sales fee, then a 15% transfer fee.


People are throwing a PISSY fit about this. The way I look at it is...

1) It's technically Blizzard's property. You're playing on their servers, and making money off of their stuff.

2) IT'S A FUCKING GAME. Not a business. This will help crack down on the Damn gold farmers who sell shit constantly.

We'll see. But people are generally pissed off about it.

I can't agree more but i don't intend to sell anything.

Unfortunately i didn't get a chance to check out the beta as the servers were constantly flooded.

Though i am psyched for the release in 14 days! Unfortunately as well i will be in the middle of my exams but i can hopefully fit at least an hour in the evening!
View user's profileSend private message
Beach Bum
Joined: Dec 08 2010
Location: At the pants party.
PostPosted: May 01 2012 06:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know that I'd use the auction house anyway. Pretty sure any money you make there you are technically required to report to the IRS.

I'm still going to buy the game but after all the shit with not being able to get on the servers during the beta thing I'm still kind of iffy about it being fully online all the time. Seemed like they were having trouble keeping the servers from crashing if they didn't put a cap on how many people were online. Plus you can't play if the internet is down or you are in a place where you can't access it, which kind of sucks.
View user's profileSend private message
Alowishus
Joined: Aug 04 2009
PostPosted: May 02 2012 05:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think they were actually testing the servers capabilities.

I remember it definitely said something along the lines of "if you can't get onto the server keep on trying". A stress test or something.

On saying that the servers were just busy for me and they weren't actually crashed so i dunno. To be fair there was only one server up - USA and everyone in the world was trying to use it lol.

My experiences with WoW and SC2 have been that it doesn't really effect stuff. WoW has it's patches every week but it's usually during the night.

SC2 is more similar to D3 since there was the whole hubub that it didn't have LAN and it would effect games and it has effected tournaments where whole tournaments have been caught up in serious lag spikes. I have experienced battle net going down when i have been playing SC2 and it's usually corrected pretty quickly but i wouldn't be worried at all about it happening too often or not being able to get onto the servers.
View user's profileSend private message
Atma
Title: Dragoon
Joined: Apr 29 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: May 14 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Going to pick my copy up tonight. First midnight release I'll have ever attended.

Excitement.


"When life gives you lemons, punch it in the dick until it doesn't."
Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
Joined: Jan 11 2010
Location: Accounting Dept.
PostPosted: May 15 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Some of my school friends have been pretty hyped for this. Enjoy the game, and be sure to let us know that you're still alive and kicking every now and then.
View user's profileSend private message
GPFontaine
Joined: Dec 06 2007
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: May 15 2012 07:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
Going to pick my copy up tonight. First midnight release I'll have ever attended.

Excitement.

I did the WoW Burning Crusade midnight release over 5 years ago. Never again. My anxiety was through the roof. I couldn't wait, I stood in rain in the middle of the city freezing my ass off for hours. In the end I walked away with a game that didn't quite play correctly until the next day anyways.

Did Blizzard not offer pre-purchase with a pre-load of the game so that at the live point they had a reference of how many people would play and users could have the game installed ahead of time? I'm not a fan of pre-purchasing, but it beats being in line at midnight at a GameStop.



 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Atma
Title: Dragoon
Joined: Apr 29 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: May 15 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

You could pre-load the game if you bought a digital copy.

I've always been a sucker for the physical copy. I'm on EST, when I got home and installed it, I found out the servers didn't go live until 12:00 PST, so I couldn't even play anyway.

Oh well.


"When life gives you lemons, punch it in the dick until it doesn't."
Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Alowishus
Joined: Aug 04 2009
PostPosted: May 15 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

It was extremely difficult to get online. Error 37 - login servers full all over the show. I thought they would have been a bit more prepared considering the number of preorders etc. It was just impossible to get on and when you did you were kicked off after 5 minutes when the servers crashed.

I wouldn't normally complain about this but the fact that you need to be online to play single player didn't help with this at all.

So i just went to bed and played a bit this morning. Got to level 8 on my Witch Doctor, it's pretty good so far.
View user's profileSend private message
GPFontaine
Joined: Dec 06 2007
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: May 15 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top




 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Beach Bum
Joined: Dec 08 2010
Location: At the pants party.
PostPosted: May 15 2012 02:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
It was extremely difficult to get online. Error 37 - login servers full all over the show. I thought they would have been a bit more prepared considering the number of preorders etc. It was just impossible to get on and when you did you were kicked off after 5 minutes when the servers crashed.

I wouldn't normally complain about this but the fact that you need to be online to play single player didn't help with this at all.

So i just went to bed and played a bit this morning. Got to level 8 on my Witch Doctor, it's pretty good so far.

Figured the crashes would happen which is why I haven't bought it yet, since I only want to play single player and even that required the servers being up. Probably won't buy it for another couple weeks and let them sort their shit out, plus I might get lucky and Target will do one of their random new release sales and I'll get it for 20 bucks off like I did Civ 5.
View user's profileSend private message
Alowishus
Joined: Aug 04 2009
PostPosted: May 15 2012 02:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Don't give your Templar a shield!

http://kotaku.com/5910360/game-breaking-bug-discovered-in-diablo-iii

Hahaha i'll make sure i don't thanks!

Beach Bum wrote:
Alowishus wrote:
It was extremely difficult to get online. Error 37 - login servers full all over the show. I thought they would have been a bit more prepared considering the number of preorders etc. It was just impossible to get on and when you did you were kicked off after 5 minutes when the servers crashed.

I wouldn't normally complain about this but the fact that you need to be online to play single player didn't help with this at all.

So i just went to bed and played a bit this morning. Got to level 8 on my Witch Doctor, it's pretty good so far.

Figured the crashes would happen which is why I haven't bought it yet, since I only want to play single player and even that required the servers being up. Probably won't buy it for another couple weeks and let them sort their shit out, plus I might get lucky and Target will do one of their random new release sales and I'll get it for 20 bucks off like I did Civ 5.

Yeah dude, it's 7pm here and the errors for server full are back up here again. I would definitely wait a while until they get it sorted.
View user's profileSend private message
Atma
Title: Dragoon
Joined: Apr 29 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: May 15 2012 03:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone wants to add me, my Gamer Tag is Atma#1311


"When life gives you lemons, punch it in the dick until it doesn't."
Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Alowishus
Joined: Aug 04 2009
PostPosted: May 15 2012 06:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I added you!
View user's profileSend private message
Atma
Title: Dragoon
Joined: Apr 29 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: May 16 2012 04:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm not seeing your invite on here, what server you playing on? Not sure if you'd be on The Americas server.


"When life gives you lemons, punch it in the dick until it doesn't."
Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Alowishus
Joined: Aug 04 2009
PostPosted: May 16 2012 06:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not i'm on Europe!
View user's profileSend private message
Atma
Title: Dragoon
Joined: Apr 29 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: May 16 2012 06:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's why I don't see you then Sad


"When life gives you lemons, punch it in the dick until it doesn't."
Image
 
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

 
 Jump to: