SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Kool Koncepts #1: Zombies

Reply to topic
Vert1
PostPosted: Dec 17 2011 01:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is a thread where we talk about koncepts to expand, change, or add things to them that the movie world neglects.

Any new ideas to introduce to zombie movies? Here are some ideas zombie producers should put into movies:

A. Zombie bites and scratches function like RE games
-Someone needs to make a movie where it is assumed that people are infected after being injured by zombies and then killed by the surviving humans. Then later in the film, they need to find out that you don't become a zombie when bitten.

This would affect the surviving group's behavior as they would be afraid of dead bodies "changing". It would be like that moment in RE where you have to get past that "dead shark" except this time the shark really is dead. Also, this could allow the story to develop from the perspective of a bitten person who now is hunted by his own group as they feel they have to kill him before he kills them.

B. One zombie versus humans
-I am thinking they could make a movie like Alien, but replace the alien with a zombie. No one should become infected after dying to the one zombie though. Every horror movie I have seen involves numerous zombies and this would be a nice break from that.

AtmanRyu
Title: The Wandering Dragon
PostPosted: Dec 17 2011 05:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A. Could work as long as the focus remains on the zombie bite victim struggling to keep his sanity between the uncertainity of a possible transformation and surviving his back-then allies and now enemies.

...Huh, now that I'm saying it aloud, sounds like the concept of an inverse I Am Legend.

Thing is, some have tried to give that angle at least as a subplot of their movies; problem being that most attempts failed miserably as the execution was just plain stupid. (ex: "Oh, he won't change into one of them! He's a vegetarian!")

B. Unless that zombie is Nemesis, it just doesn't work.

This video summarizes pretty well what makes zombies work: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/zombies
Lasher
Title: an horse
PostPosted: Mar 08 2012 07:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

B. Jason X?
C. Cyborg zombies is actualy an idea I would like to persue in my own comic. Hook them up with a chip and internet access. Googlezombies.

get your ass to mars

Reply to topic

Jump to: