SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
HBK vs. Undertaker @ Mania 25

Reply to topic
uncle joe
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 03:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Was quite possibly not only the best Undertaker match, but could be put among the top 15 Best Matches in WWE history. 30 minutes of great wrestling, any rasslin' fans here should hop on the search engines and try to find this sucker. Anyone else catch this? If you did, thoughts?

Oh and Matt Hardy vs Jeff was superb as well. Orton v H was TERRIBLE, however.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 09:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

That JBL/Rey match was fucking bullshit. I know there have been rumblings that JBL has been working injured for months, but you don't run a 21 second title match at Wrestlemania. He should have dropped the belt before then so there could have been a real IC match.

And CM Punk winning money in the bank? Gay.

As for the topic title, Taker was excellent in form, but I don't know about his best match ever.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DoctorOrpheus
Title: Title: Title: Title
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 10:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Steamboat was amazing.

ImageImage

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

There was a match? I was too busy making googly heart-eyes at HBK to notice...

This Is A Joke of course Razz . Amazing fucking match. I like taker, and of course I love HBK and everything he does, so it was awesome. Now, in spite of the fact I know its scripted, I was initially upset with how the match ended

*WARNIN'! AHEAD THERE BE SPOLERS!*

(yes, I'm such a huge mark that I STILL get upset when HBK loses. Stupid I know but there it is.) After thinking about it though, I think it was the right decision. Neither of them "needed" the win of course; their reps are hugely solid and they're shoo-ins for the HoF (HBK will probably be the star inductee next year, since rumor has it WM 26 will be his last match.) Still, I think its good to keep Taker's streak alive. The WM win thing is part of his legacy. Shawn's legacy is putting on an amazing fucking show there, win or lose, and he got to do that. (And frankly, kicking out of that Tombstone almost made up for him losing. That shocked me.)

Anyway, awesome match, decent PPV. And I'm with Syd on the Rey/JBL match. I was genuinely looking forward to that because I love both those guys, and I really like the way they work together. I felt so fucking gypped. (And on another note, did anyone else think Rey stole the idea for his mask from Heath Ledger's Joker lol?)

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, pretty much. Everyone on the wrestling boards is calling him The Joker. Steve Miller is preparing to sue.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DoctorOrpheus
Title: Title: Title: Title
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
(And on another note, did anyone else think Rey stole the idea for his mask from Heath Ledger's Joker lol?)

He didn't necessarily steal it, as much as give tribute to it. He looked more like Doink the Clown anyway.
Oh, and something like this was said on commentary:

King: "It looks like Rey is giving tribute to Heath Ledger's Joker with his attire there, JR"
JR: "Except Rey's career is still very much alive and kicking"

I wonder if he even knew what he just said.

ImageImage

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Crap, I didn't even hear that comment (I had to watch with no sound...I was at work lol.)

Poor JR though. Sad

militarysignatures.com

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 01:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll torrent it Smile I've already heard enough spoilers on the match,

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 08:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just copypaste what I said at another forum.

Quote:

Well, I didn't actually watch the event, but I'll post my thoughts.

Quote:
1 CM Punk defeated Kane, Mark Henry (with Tony Atlas), Montel Vontavious Porter, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, Christian and Finlay (with Hornswoggle)[17] Money in the Bank ladder match 14:32
2 Santina Marella[48] defeated 24 current and former WWE Divas, last eliminating Beth Phoenix and Melina. 25-Diva battle royal to crown "Miss WrestleMania" 07:25
3 Chris Jericho defeated Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka (with Ric Flair) Handicap elimination match 08:33
4 Matt Hardy defeated Jeff Hardy[51] Extreme Rules match 13:38
5 Rey Mysterio defeated John "Bradshaw" Layfield (c) Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship 00:21
6 The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels[53] Singles match 30:44
7 John Cena defeated Edge (c) and The Big Show Triple Threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship 14:33
8 Triple H (c) defeated Randy Orton

1. I really don't care for CM Punk much, I find him rather overated these days and why is Mark Henry and Kane in even in that match? Kane should be putting over new guys or something these days.

2. LolDivas.

3. I wish they would give Jericho a real match, beating up a bunch of 50-60 year old men isn't really anything big....don't get me wrong, I love Piper, but he's definitely had better days.

4. Well, this might've been entertaining, but I don't know, they work much better as a tagteam and fighting other hardcore teams like the Dudleys or the APA.

5. Well the match didn't even last for a half a minute, so that's one hell of a copout.

6. This was the only match I was interested in on the card, and it MAY have been great. I would've had kind of an orgasm if Shawn ended Taker's streak, but at the same time I feel as if it would have been cheap to take it away at this point. So Taker may have been the right winner.

7. Big Show just seems like filler in this match, like Kane he should be putting over new guys since that's what he wants to do I hear. And Cena is seriously overused as a champion, he's worse than Trips at this point.

8. Well, I'd rather Triple H than Orton, lesser of two evils.

So out of all of that, there could've been two good matches in my eyes, but I'm sure I'll see it at some point.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 08:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think Orton should have won. That would have been classic Shakespearean story writing.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 09:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HBK has a terrible WIN-LOSS Record when it comes to Wrestlemania*, but he is "Mr. Wrestlemania" because it doesn't matter if he wins or loses, because he always gives the best performance. I loved the match, and even as a "smart mark" who knew Taker would win, I still was shocked and stunned at some of the kick outs from both guys.

Rey should had better for mania. Where the hell was Evan Borne? Why not have those two tear up the ring at WM? That would be awesome. If they wanted JBL to dump the belt, they could have had him do it a week or two ago, and had a tournament for a new champ, with the final match at WM. The IC belt used to mean something. Now it's as big a joke as the Hardcore belt used to be.

Cena - Edge - Big Show was what you would expect. Show is slow and dominate, Cena is nothing but power moves, and Edge had to slow himself way down to match up with them. And, Vicky needs to go away. She doesn't draw good "heat", she draws real boos from the fans, becasue she is worthless on the mic, and her acting is terrible. Plus, she can't take a bump to save her life. (Speaking of which, when did Steph learn to bump so well? She sold the RKO and DDT from Orton , over the last few weeks, better than 90% of the roster)

HHH - Orton. Some people loved Orton as a heel, and has a wrestler. He has never impressed me. Maybe he is one of the few big names over the years who just don't click with me. Like Bret Hart. Never liked him, and couldn't figure out why everyone did. HHH is being used much better these days. As long as he is still lacing up the boots, he will be in the main events if you want him to or not. But, at least as a face, he isn't taking up all the camera time anymore. Now, he comes out to do his thing and leave. He doesn't do his 20 minute "I'm so great" promos anymore, so I am enjoying him alot more.

Money In The Bank - Fuck You, Vince McMahan. I say this for one reason. He doesn't like Christian. He sees no "marketing or superstar potential in him". The writers and agents had to push to get him in the match. Hey, Vince, watch the replay of the match and listen to the one name the crowd is chanting through most of the match. You may not like him, but the rest of the world does! And, why give the chance to CM Punk again? So he can hold the belt for another couple of weeks to drop it again? They'll probably play into the "he never lost the belt, because he never defended it, when it was lost" angle. Punk is good, but he's not Long Term Champion material, so why invest so much into him again? He should be the next Jake The Snake, or Ricky Steamboat, or even RVD. A top level midcarder. Someone who is a stable force in the sea of talent, who is reliable to put on good matches to help others get over. My two choices for the MITB: Christian, so we could finally see a Christian - Edge feud. OR Kane. He has more than paid his dues, he is going to retire soon, and should be rewarded for his long and loyal service to the WWE. His one day long Championship reign shouldn't be his only one.

* HBK's WrestleMania track record:

WM 5 - Lost (as part of The Rockers) to The Twin Towers
WM 6 - Lost (as part of The Rockers) to The Orient Express
WM 7 - Won (as part of the Rockers) against The Barbarian and Haku
WM 8 - Won against El Matador.
WM 9 - Lost to Tatanka
WM 10 - Lost to Razor Ramon
WM 11 - Lost to Diesel
WM 12 - Won against Bret Hart
WM 14 - Lost to Steve Austin
WM 19 - Won against Chris Jericho
WM 20 - Lost to Chris Benoit
WM 21 - Lost to Kurt Angle
WM 22 - Won against Vince McMahon
WM 23 - Lost to John Cena
WM 24 - Won against Ric Flair
WM 25 - Lost to The Undertaker

Record = 6 - 10
Ba'al
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 09:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Like Bret Hart. Never liked him, and couldn't figure out why everyone did.

Same here, though I've always been an HBK guy, so that might explain it.

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ba‘al wrote:
Quote:
Like Bret Hart. Never liked him, and couldn't figure out why everyone did.

Same here, though I've always been an HBK guy, so that might explain it.

Amen bro. As much as I love Canada, and especially Alberta, Hart is a fucking whiner. Does a good job in the ring, but damn does he hold a grudge. Not that HBK wasn't a king prick back in the day, but at least he seems to have moved past it. (And can even poke fun at his old rep.) Bret, not so much.

Speaking of HBK, any guesses on who's gonna induct him into the HoF? I know he's said he would like Bret to do it, but Bret declined, so I dunno. Trips, maybe, given their friendship? Or Jericho?

militarysignatures.com

Ba'al
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing Triple H, since the other Clique guys are in other promotions and whatnot. I'd be happy to see Jericho induct him, since they're both my favorite guys currently in the WWE right now, but I don't believe it'll happen.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Apr 07 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
Money In The Bank - Fuck You, Vince McMahan. I say this for one reason. He doesn't like Christian. He sees no "marketing or superstar potential in him". The writers and agents had to push to get him in the match. Hey, Vince, watch the replay of the match and listen to the one name the crowd is chanting through most of the match. You may not like him, but the rest of the world does!

I honestly don't see the reason for all the love Christian gets. yes, he is good on the mic, and he can put on some good in ring stuff, but most of the time I find him being incredibly mediocre, and think he should fill the spot you think CM Punk should fill. But I am going off his TNA stuff mostly.

On that note, I would like to see a CM Punk/Christian feud for the IC title, would be a much better use for both of them in my mind
uncle joe
PostPosted: Apr 08 2009 01:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ba‘al wrote:
I'll just copypaste what I said at another forum.

Quote:

Well, I didn't actually watch the event, but I'll post my thoughts.

Quote:
1 CM Punk defeated Kane, Mark Henry (with Tony Atlas), Montel Vontavious Porter, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, Christian and Finlay (with Hornswoggle)[17] Money in the Bank ladder match 14:32
2 Santina Marella[48] defeated 24 current and former WWE Divas, last eliminating Beth Phoenix and Melina. 25-Diva battle royal to crown "Miss WrestleMania" 07:25
3 Chris Jericho defeated Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka (with Ric Flair) Handicap elimination match 08:33
4 Matt Hardy defeated Jeff Hardy[51] Extreme Rules match 13:38
5 Rey Mysterio defeated John "Bradshaw" Layfield (c) Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship 00:21
6 The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels[53] Singles match 30:44
7 John Cena defeated Edge (c) and The Big Show Triple Threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship 14:33
8 Triple H (c) defeated Randy Orton

1. I really don't care for CM Punk much, I find him rather overated these days and why is Mark Henry and Kane in even in that match? Kane should be putting over new guys or something these days.

2. LolDivas.

3. I wish they would give Jericho a real match, beating up a bunch of 50-60 year old men isn't really anything big....don't get me wrong, I love Piper, but he's definitely had better days.

4. Well, this might've been entertaining, but I don't know, they work much better as a tagteam and fighting other hardcore teams like the Dudleys or the APA.

5. Well the match didn't even last for a half a minute, so that's one hell of a copout.

6. This was the only match I was interested in on the card, and it MAY have been great. I would've had kind of an orgasm if Shawn ended Taker's streak, but at the same time I feel as if it would have been cheap to take it away at this point. So Taker may have been the right winner.

7. Big Show just seems like filler in this match, like Kane he should be putting over new guys since that's what he wants to do I hear. And Cena is seriously overused as a champion, he's worse than Trips at this point.

So out of all of that, there could've been two good matches in my eyes, but I'm sure I'll see it at some point.

Cena isn't overused as champ. He may be tiresome to many internet fans, but the dude sells almost as must merch as Austin back in his heyday, so I think he's doing good at where he's at. And since he came back from his second injury, he's actually lost his fair share of matches (Batista, H, HBK, was about to put over Orton, etc). No way he is worse than Trips because at his peak, H would NEVER lose (Shelton Benjamin aside), not even those bullshit tag team matches that happen two weeks on RAW before the PPV; and he CRUSHED 3 very over guys who he should have easily put over (Kane, Booker T and RVD). Cena loses plenty of times, not just to jobbers or when the belt's on the line.

Kane or MVP were the only two logical choices for MITB winner. MVP because he could use that to easily jump start his MAin Event rise. Kane, simply for the fact that the E have put him through so much horse shit in regards to storylines and his willingness to just swallow the bitter pill and be the company guy, he deserves one good reign. And as for putting over talent; that's what he did for Umaga, Alternate Kane, Rey Mysterio, etc. Besides, didn't you notice his change when he was ECW champ? Dude worked ALOT harder than he had in years and he had terrific matches with CM Punk, Batista, etc. I imagine how he'd be if they finally gave him one decent reign. Hell, Edge has 8 of them, albeit each one o them where long enough to grab a cup o coffee.

Oh and I love Christian, but he's being really overrated as of late.

Sephiroth
Title: . : Louder than God : .
PostPosted: Apr 09 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is pretty much how the HBK and Tanker match went

-| What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion |-

Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: May 02 2009 03:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Piper was a hit or miss type guy, sometimes we would come out and get the crowd rowled up and sometimes he came out and your were like WTF is he saying. Dude is probably the best actor wrestler. They Live kicked ass.

Quote:

I use to dislike Taker as a kid(His gimmick seemed way to corney)(Got into the American Badass though). Shawn loosing will help his legacy more than actually hurt it in my opinion. The Taker sucked during that Kane feud, but he is a legitmate Superstar who has done alot for the fans and sport.

Quote:

Big Show has always sort of sucked in my opinion. He is just a bodyguard type wrestler. Son of Andre my ass

Code:

Triple H is a main event, Orton isn't in Triple H's league yet but some would disagree. I think Triple H is one of the last links to the Attitude/DX era so I gues I am biased for him.

Code:
Cena isn't overused as champ. He may be tiresome to many internet fans, but the dude sells almost as must merch as Austin back in his heyday

I like Cena because he was a huge wrestling fan as a kid who ended up becoming one of the biggest superstars. He is actually a cool dude in real life and I respect him. He sells alot of merchandise because women think he is sexy (my ex did especially lol)

Reply to topic

Jump to: