Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Jun 22 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well their's always Smackdown......

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Jun 22 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Let me know if its any good and/or if there's a cameo by HBK (which automatically qualifies it as "good." Cool ) We don't get it here in the West for a while yet.

So Cal here, watched it at 6. Our DirecTV has east coast feed for some reason.

Nothing happened to qualify this as good btw. I gave up at the 90 minute mark.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 22 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that the Trump storyline is already over is dumb. What the hell was the point of it?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 02:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Trump mugging for the camera was pretty terrible. The celebrity cameos every week mightve actually been entertaining.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 02:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Should have been real. Then Trump could've made Vince go bankrupt Razz

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Bouya
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was initially supposed to run longer, but the stocks dropped last week when WWE released a press release saying Trump bought RAW, then USA released a press release saying it's just a storying, and now the SEC is supposedly going to investigate the entire situation. So they possibly axed it last night so they could distance themselves from it?

Also, this apparently was talked about as an angle way back when Vince blew up in the limo. I can't believe the idea's been around all that time, and no one considered that it might make waves in the stock market.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously people who have stock in the company have no real interest in the show itself. After all the years and storylines I can't believe people actually bought that Trump bought Raw. Almost as sad as people actually thinking Vince blew up.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 01:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me, or is Vince turning into Eric Bischoff?

In order to boost ratings, Vince is now doing many of the same tactics Eric did. Making decision that get quick rating spikes but doesn't really make any money or help the show long term.

PPV Main Event match free on TV - Remember Goldburg vs Hogan for the Title on Nitro?
Wasting money for no long term reason - Refunding everyone's tickets = hiring famous band to play on Nitro.
Storylines starting great then quickly dying. - See Nitro.
If it ain't Vince, it doesn't get air time. - See nWo on Nitro.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 01:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

PPV Main Events on free TV was a great idea, and it's part of what helped WCW win the ratings war in the first place. However, promising the fans PPV main events and then fucking them over (the Hogan vs. Nash fingerpoke) is a bad idea.

The main problem with the WWE right now is that they're trying to complete directly with MMA, at least with RAW. Smackdown is actually fairly decent right now, but it's in a bad timeslot on a bad channel. Meanwhile, RAW is just a bunch of muscular guys in speedos with too many tattoos and not enough personality punching each other repeatedly. Enjoying the current state of RAW is pretty much a sign of latent homosexuality... or maybe *blatant* homosexuality.

Nitro under Bischoff, even at it worst, always had some good matches on the undercard. A lot of good workers didn't get the pushes they deserved, but it was a 3 hour show, so the midcard still got the face time it deserved. Bischoff wasted a lot of money, but he still managed to put on a decent spectacle. Vince Russo and Kevin Sullivan, on the other hand, completely ran WCW into the ground.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 01:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't get Smackdown on cable or satellite, what the hell Vince. Speaking of Eric Bischoff, to this day I believe he was the best GM on RAW, everyone else either sucked or didn't do as well.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 03:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ba'al wrote:
Speaking of Eric Bischoff, to this day I believe he was the best GM on RAW, everyone else either sucked or didn't do as well.

Thank you. I completely agree. Next to HBK, the Bisch is easily my favorite wrestling personality, and an enormous part of the reason I tuned in to Raw every week. Loved his feuds with Steph, Austin...well everyone really. He's just gold.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing him on RAW with gray hair made me feel extremely old. I still loved him though. In a very blatant homosexual way.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 03:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
Seeing him on RAW with gray hair made me feel extremely old. I still loved him though. In a very blatant homosexual way.

Bischoff has dyed his hair since he was 28. He was dying it on WCW. Don't feel old Smile He just got gray hair faster than everyone else.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 05:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yea I know. But when I saw him I was like oh my god I miss WCW days.

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 06:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
Yea I know. But when I saw him I was like oh my god I miss WCW days.

God he was the shit.

For the record, I am now officially closer to the Bisch because I've got the same condition as he does apparently, in that my hair is going very prematurely gray. My dad was totally gray by 18 ( Shocked ), and it looks like I will be somewhere around the 30-35 mark. Which did piss me off, until about five minutes ago. Now its fucking awesome. Very Happy

militarysignatures.com

Bouya
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 06:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bischoff is just one of those guys that generates natural heat. He can whip out that assholish smile and make you love to hate him, and so few people have that.

As far as WWE goes, I tune into RAW occasionally now as opposed to religiously, and I always look at it as "if I were watching this for the first time, what would I think?" So last night they gave away the main event for The Bash, HHH/Orton last man standing. 30-40 minutes of guys hitting each other with shit, and not much in the way of actual wrestling. Lots of laying around and dragging out 10-counts. Not exactly what I'd consider action-packed. And not something I'd plunk down 40 bones for.

It seems to me, and maybe I'm totally wrong, but I really think that they need to go back to squash matches. And not like feeding Goldust to Miz so they can say Miz beat a former IC champ or whatever. More like WWE guy v. some local guy, so the local guy can sell like a champ and say he was on TV, and the WWE guy can actually look strong. All of this "we're giving you PPV-caliber matches for free~!" stuff just watered down their storylines as well as their talent imo. In trying to make everyone look strong, they've made everyone look weak. PEDIGREE PEDIGREE when HHH hit a couple of them last night, and it used to be the match-ending move, etc.

I still want a storyline where someone buys a brand (not Trump though) and rolls it back to 80's era production. The shows had way less filler and were more of an actual WRESTLING show. But I suppose it'll never happen.
SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 06:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

-bjork- wrote:
Bischoff is just one of those guys that generates natural heat. He can whip out that assholish smile and make you love to hate him, and so few people have that.

Really? Is that what he does for other people? Because I end up loving him, period, even when his character's acting like a complete douchebag. I can't help it. Probably because the stuff he pulls off is so clever most of the time, I can't help but admire it. (I mean, his unmasking himself at Billy and Chuck's wedding was the one saving grace of that whole godforsaken storyline.)

-bjork- wrote:
As far as WWE goes, I tune into RAW occasionally now as opposed to religiously, and I always look at it as "if I were watching this for the first time, what would I think?" So last night they gave away the main event for The Bash, HHH/Orton last man standing. 30-40 minutes of guys hitting each other with shit, and not much in the way of actual wrestling. Lots of laying around and dragging out 10-counts. Not exactly what I'd consider action-packed. And not something I'd plunk down 40 bones for.

It seems to me, and maybe I'm totally wrong, but I really think that they need to go back to squash matches. And not like feeding Goldust to Miz so they can say Miz beat a former IC champ or whatever. More like WWE guy v. some local guy, so the local guy can sell like a champ and say he was on TV, and the WWE guy can actually look strong. All of this "we're giving you PPV-caliber matches for free~!" stuff just watered down their storylines as well as their talent imo. In trying to make everyone look strong, they've made everyone look weak. PEDIGREE PEDIGREE when HHH hit a couple of them last night, and it used to be the match-ending move, etc.

I still want a storyline where someone buys a brand (not Trump though) and rolls it back to 80's era production. The shows had way less filler and were more of an actual WRESTLING show. But I suppose it'll never happen.

Awesome post. Never thought about it, but I think you're absolutely right, and I'm also in the same boat. I try to watch Raw, but with HBK or Bisch or Benoit there anymore, all I have to enjoy is...the *actual* product. And it kinda sucks. Sad

militarysignatures.com

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jun 23 2009 06:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It sucks when you find out your Dodge Viper has the engine of a Geo Metro.

Deadmau_5pra
PostPosted: Jun 24 2009 04:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's official: I now dislike CM PUNK.

My relationship with WWE/RAW is hanging on by a thread.

Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jun 24 2009 06:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You wanna know a thing? Wrestling business is going downhill. Most indies are either trailer trash (I'm looking at you, CZW), or not given proper highlights (Here's to ROH). WWE is stall in therms of wrestling, and TNA is the same, in therms of entertaining. And unfortunately a boom period is out of question for now. The mines of creativity are running out of ores...
That's why I'm officially relinquishing my mark status. Those are the thoughts of a delusioned wrestling fan; sorry if it sounded too whiny.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jun 24 2009 06:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Even though we're in a slump right now as far as WWE programming is concerned, I still watch for certain wrestlers like HBK and Jericho, but I also enjoy seeing some newcomers like The Miz, Jack Swagger, and Evan Bourne. So even if the storylines are predictable, I can still watch them perform with some form of enjoyment.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jun 24 2009 07:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

With talk of Bischoff, yall may not know he has a blog:

http://www.ericbischoff.com/blog.asp?

A new entry from the 18th about the new storyline and stuff. He seems happy to be on the outside of it too.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 24 2009 08:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I read the summaries of his blog on the dirtsheets. He makes me mad, because he never has anything positive to say about TNA. Part of me wonders if he's really so deluded as to believe the WWE genuinely has a better product, or if he's just angling to get a job with the WWE again, since he knows Vince can afford to pay him much more handsomely than Dixie Carter ever could.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 24 2009 09:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think he doesn't want to see anyone else do what he once did: beat the WWE. If TNA got a higher TV rating then RAW, then it might shatter Eric's fragile little ego.
Deadmau_5pra
PostPosted: Jun 29 2009 09:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Batista's GM tonight.....

*sigh* HHH again? Christ......

oh, Good morning guys!

Reply to topic

Jump to: