"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
TO signs to the Buffalo Bills...

Reply to topic
JRA
PostPosted: Mar 13 2009 09:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

...and Adolf Hitler is pissed.

Now I pay practically 0 attention to football, but that doesn't make this any less funny.

http://www.jockandballs.com/2009/03/terrell-owens-signing-with-buffalo.html

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 13 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well he's not the only one pissed. I understand why we (the Cowboys) let him go, but...god dammit, he was the only one who could catch Romo's passes!!

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Mar 13 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Embedded:

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 13 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just another free agent the Bears didn't sign.

We have had practically no action in the off-season, and those we did sign were nobodys. 2009 is shaping up to be another big disappointment here in Chicago for football. It's pathetic that we still have to relish the glory from frickin' 1985. Almost 25 years since one of the most historic football teams one a championship, with only 1 Super Bowl Appearance since. Horrible.

I want to fire Lovie Smith and hire Mike Singletary.

Adding insult to injury, the coach of the Bills who signed TO, is Dick Jauron, a former coach of the Bears.

God I miss Ditka....

Edit:

Heh, I'm actually getting sick of that Hitler meme. And wait, why can I see a YouTube clip at work? It's usually blocked. Heh, IT must be slipping.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Mar 13 2009 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't know this was a MEME? Is it? All I know that I was cracking up pretty much the whole time. I know a lot of Buffalo fans I'm gonna share that with.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 13 2009 03:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've seen versions for the Cubs, the Bears, and for tons of other situations too. It's definitely funny, and is from a TV movie a few years back. I think the meme started shortly after that.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 13 2009 07:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's been used most notibly for Xbox Live account banning:

And, more recently, for the PC port of GTA IV:

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Mar 13 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, now what? This is the fourth team he'll be with? The man can catch a ball, but his mind is always "gimme the ball gimme the ball gimme gimme gimme".

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Mar 14 2009 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Well he's not the only one pissed. I understand why we (the Cowboys) let him go, but...god dammit, he was the only one who could catch Romo's passes!!

And that was only half the time. Razz
Actually I wanted him to come to Denver since our other distraction of a receiver is probably going to miss the first 4 to 8 games of the season.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 14 2009 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
SoldierHawk wrote:

Actually I wanted him to come to Denver since our other distraction of a receiver is probably going to miss the first 4 to 8 games of the season.

I know. So much for Super Bowl favorites. Crying

Do you really think he'd fit in with Denver though? I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the reasons he didn't work out with us is that he wants to be The Man, and is unhappy when anyone else overshadows him. (in our case, Romo and Barber got a lot of attention in addition to him.) Now, that's just a gut level feeling on my part based on some interviews with him and some other guys on the team, but... *shrug*. Do you really see him as being a good fit in Denver?

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

scamrock
PostPosted: Mar 14 2009 05:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
scamrock wrote:
SoldierHawk wrote:

I know. So much for Super Bowl favorites. Crying

Do you really think he'd fit in with Denver though? I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the reasons he didn't work out with us is that he wants to be The Man, and is unhappy when anyone else overshadows him. (in our case, Romo and Barber got a lot of attention in addition to him.) Now, that's just a gut level feeling on my part based on some interviews with him and some other guys on the team, but... *shrug*. Do you really see him as being a good fit in Denver?

Yes and no. Brandon Marshall is a really good receiver. He reminds a lot of people of TO. In fact, they call him Baby TO. I think he could actually learn a lot from playing with TO. Also, if Marshall has to sit out half the season, we are going to need someone to fill that role. Royal, Stokley and Gaffney aren't going to cut it. It McDaniels 3 receiver offense, I thought that Marshall, TO, and Royal would make for a deadly combination. They all are guys you don't want in one on one coverage. They will keep guys out of the box, helping our running game. No matter what people think of his ability, TO's presence alone on that field would help us.

That said, we have enough locker room drama right now from Jay Cutler. Because of this mess, we are the laughing stock of the NFL. Add TO and that drama is amplified. I will say this, I would rather have egomaniacs like TO compared to guys with issues off the field. This will be the second season in a row that Marshall will miss the start of the season with a suspension. Two seasons ago, we had Travis Henry and his 12 kids my 14 mothers or whatever. Confused At least TO isn't getting picked up in strip clubs, failing drug tests, and arrested for beating up his old lady.

If we added TO, we might just be adding to the problems we have, but I think the on-field benefits would be worth it. Now that he is with the Bills, I hope we sign Torry Holt. He doesn't drop as many passes and TO and stays out of trouble on and off the field. I don't know if he has TO's presence on the field, but he will still make for a deadly 3 receiver combo with Marshall and Royal.

IceWarm
PostPosted: Mar 14 2009 06:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad he is not in Denver. I am not that much into sports but Denver is my team since I live in Colorado. TO is just an arrogant asshole and I wouldn't want him on Denver, or any other team for that matter. He is indeed a cancer as Hitler said in that video.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Mar 14 2009 07:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Egomaniacal dicks needs to be in a place where they can not only play with good players, but where the managment is willing to bench them if they act up. If they know who is in charge, they settle down. Just check out Randy Moss.

Buffalo is not that sort of environment.
scamrock
PostPosted: Mar 17 2009 02:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Egomaniacal dicks needs to be in a place where they can not only play with good players, but where the managment is willing to bench them if they act up. If they know who is in charge, they settle down. Just check out Randy Moss.

Buffalo is not that sort of environment.

I know people do it all of the time, but I don't think comparing Moss to TO is really fair. TO NEEDS attention. He NEEDS the ball. TO is more worried about himself than the team. I don't think that is the case with Moss. Randy's problem is more along the lines with being upset when his team plays bad. His only real on-field drawback (mooning incident aside. that wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be) was when he was accused of taking plays off or not trying (walking off the field). I'm not saying it was okay to do, but it was because of the team's situation, not just his. TO could care less about winning or losing as long as he is getting the ball and looks good.

I will say this, Moss has had a couple of off the field situations, where TO doesn't get into trouble off the field.

JRA
PostPosted: Mar 18 2009 03:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Slightly unrelated, what movie is this clip from?

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

IceWarm
PostPosted: Mar 18 2009 07:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Slightly unrelated, what movie is this clip from?

Downfall

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: