[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
My favorite match from the 8/07 edition of Monday Night Raw

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 09 2006 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

was Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley's book. He totally kicked that book's ass. I'd post the YouTube link, but WWE had it taken down. Bastards.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cattivo
PostPosted: Aug 10 2006 12:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was flipping through the channels a few weeks ago and saw Ric and Mick arguing. Can anyone tell me why these two are still involved in wrestling? I had been sick of Ric's routine back in '01 when I stopped watching wrestling again, so I can't imagine that his material is still fresh. It's the same ridiculous stuff over and over with him. And didn't Mick want to retire to spend time with his family and not risk his life in dangerous matches all the time?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 10 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They're still wrestling because the fans still like and them, and sadly, they're more charismatic than about 75% of the younger wrestlers the company has hired. Sure, guy like Carlito, Cena, and Edge are good on the mic, but then you have completely bland personalities like Kade, Murdoch, Chris Masters, and the entirety of the Spirit Squad who no one really cares about. Foley has gotten too whiny for my tastes, but Flair is one of the all-time greats and I still mark out for him every time I see him. Plus the man has pretty much trademarked the basic chop. Anytime anyone does it, the crowd does the Ric Flair "Woo!".
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Reply to topic

Jump to: