"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Super Mario Bros. 2 Rumor

Reply to topic
TacoFace
Title: Young Gun II
PostPosted: Jul 24 2006 05:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was perusing the "Feedback" section and reading the "Game Genie" topic, and someone mentioned needing Game Genie to beat SMB 2, and this got me thinking. Was anyone else aware of the rumor floating around that if you left the end screen on long enough (forget how long), then Mario would wake up? I think there may have been more to it than just a wake up - a secret level or something. I remember leaving that damn game on overnight to see what happens, coming downstairs in the morning and finding that nothing had changed. How about you guys? Or was this rumor contained only to my second-grade playground?

Any other good old Nintendo rumors (true or untrue)? With the internet and the way information travels now, it doesn't seem like kids getting to enjoy just bullshitting about games as much as we did. Cause now you can find out and verify everything instantly, and see screen shots and whatnot. Nothing like a bus ride back from school where one of the sixth-graders tells you how to beat Ganon at the end of Legend of Zelda.
Reply to topic

Jump to: