"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Scott Boras is a douchebag.

Reply to topic
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Dec 10 2008 07:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you could go 10 pages about this guy, and feel free to, but I'm starting this off by talking about Jason Varitek.

You think Boras would learn a little lesson in humility after A-Rod kicked him to the curb, but nope. He's basicly doing his best to fuck up Varitek's career by being a dick. Now it's alright to be a dick, if being a dick gets the job done. But in Varitek's case, he's being unrealistic.

Jason Varitek is a good guy and a good catcher, but he's not worth the money Boras wants for him. In addition, he wants a multi-year deal. The guy is 36. His best years are behind him. And he had an absolutely craptastic 2008.

Now, the Red Sox want him back. He's pretty good defensively. He's team captain. He's been there a long time. He knows the pitchers and handles them well. He's well respected for this ability not just on the team, but throughout the league...there's a reason he got on the All-star team while chasing the Mendoza Line. So they offered him arbitration.

It wouldn't get him the multi-year deal he wants, but it would probably net him at least $11 million for a year. He's got a chance to put up some better numbers and bump his price up and maybe get that multi-year deal iin 2009. And Boston has the most use for him...he knows the place, he likes it, and anywhere else he'd be the "new guy" instead of the "established veteran and captain". Seems like a good fit for everyone.

But for Boras? Nooooooooooo.

Nevermind the perfect fit in Boston. Nevermind that nobody else really needs a catcher right now. Nevermind that Varitek just really isn't worth the time or the years he's asking for right now. Nevermind the Sox have other catcher options open and while they want Varitek, they're not gonna go beg for him. Fuck all that. He's gonna hold him out for sale until it's clear nobody wants him, and by then either his career will be up the shitter, or he's gonna be stuck with a much smaller deal.

Who knows? Maybe the guy knows what he's doing and Tek will get a 5 year, $70 million deal with the Mets or something. But hopefully, he'll get kicked to the curb by yet another athlete. Before that athlete ends up with the Marlins or some shit.
Major.Arse
PostPosted: Jan 12 2009 09:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Being a mets fan I'm getting it both ways with this tool. He has both free agents my team is after, Ollie Perez and Derik Lowe.

He's asking for huge deals in both cases that could, and knowing the mets, will flop.

That being said, if I were a free agent I would want the most money I could get. Varitek will get signed, if he hasnt already.

Alex Rodriguez: 10 years/$275 million

C.C. Sabathia: seven years/$161 million

Mark Teixeira: eight years/$180 million

Carlos Beltran: seven years/$119 million

My point is big market teams that need asses in the seats will pay ridiculous amounts of money sometimes because they can.

I could go on forever about this guy...but he does his job, and does it well. As a baseball fan I hate him...but much respect due.

Besides, Varitek is the one that turned down arbitration, he wants out of Boston or a shit load more money to stay.

...or not

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jan 12 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just a heads up, any MLB Topic not Cleveland Indians related will be deleted immeadiately. Just an FYI. Razz

Major.Arse
PostPosted: Jan 12 2009 11:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
Just a heads up, any MLB Topic not Cleveland Indians related will be deleted immeadiately. Just an FYI. Razz
+

Holy fuck! When did Cleveland get a team? Wink

...Keven Millwood worked out pretty good for you eh?

...or not

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jan 12 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't you be porking a pig? Laughing It was a bad year it sports for me. Lions, Indians, Ohio State...blah, but back on topic. 36 is the new 22.

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 13 2009 01:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see this get some attention a month after the fact...

Quote:
Besides, Varitek is the one that turned down arbitration, he wants out of Boston or a shit load more money to stay.

He turned it down on advice of his agent, of course. I'm sure he would want to stay in Boston if he could.

And now that the Sox are pissed at Boras and refusing to deal with him any more this year (the Texeria thing), it's unlikely he'll sign with them at all.

Quote:
Just a heads up, any MLB Topic not Cleveland Indians related will be deleted immeadiately. Just an FYI.

Just to bring this into compliance...what do the Indians and Boras have in common? Very Happy
drewbocop
PostPosted: Jan 15 2009 08:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jason Varitek was always one of my favorite players growing up. I'm a big Sox fan, and I'd like to second the fact that Scott Boras is a douchebag.

Rycona wrote:
Now that rainbows are confiscate of the Gay Empire Or Whatever©, they're suspect to foul play. People follow it expecting a pot of gold and a leprechaun, but all they find is a mannequin with a melted ass and a bloody rubber inside... and a leprechaun.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 06 2009 05:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Boras is finally getting what he deserves.

His plan to hold V-Tek hostage failed. Not only did he fail to get Varitek a long term deal, he actually cost him money. In arbitration, Varitek would have gotten $10 million from the Red Sox for the 2009 season, instead he ended up with a $5 million dollar one year deal with a $5 million dollar option on 2010.

Manny Ramirez is also in trouble. Not only does no one want to deal with Boras, but no one wants to deal with Manny either. Boras keeps holding out, trying to milk more money out of the Dodgers, but it's become clear that no one else interested him and he's lost his bargaining position.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Feb 11 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Supposedly Tek really wanted that second season. Well, he got it...and he pretty much gave it to the Sox for free.

Seriously. There's talk about bringing him into the management structure. Are they -really- gonna cut him in spring training? Assuming he even gets to arbitration.

As for Manny...well, nice to see a guy like him get what he deserves.
Reply to topic

Jump to: