"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Goddamn Batman: Protoclown's third installment

Reply to topic
ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Dec 04 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox30/default.php

I've been waiting a while for this review. I've read a few articles on the Goddamn Batman (including Jeebus' blog) but it was protoclown who first introduced the madness to me.

I have to say this: How in the hell is censoring this insanity important enough to recall an entire shipment. A freaking recall because the censorship sucks. Well the censorship sucked to begin with and lets face it, if you are not old enough to be exposed to cussing then you are not old enough to read this . . . whatever the hell it is. At least it looks awesome.

This kind of reminds me of how video games are going. It looks awesome but deep down it's insane.

I'll just go over some points:

The joker should kill people with laughing gas, not choking . . . it's not his thing to strangle, although the neo-nazi was out in left field.

I'm glad catwoman finally shows up but the only good pic of her has the creepiest cat face ever.

Robin beating the shit out of GL, WTF?

And who the hell is this Sara, Gordon knows? What characters from the batverse has the first name sara?

All and all the review is funny but more towards the end for me, i actually read about what happens from neo-nazi to GL beating, so i saw some of the WTF moments coming and it kind of ruined some of the humor. There is one thing i have to ask, this mouth of madness opened in 2005 and they have only just now got the 10th issue out . . . so . . . when is 11 coming out? 2009 . . . December. . . 31??? Talk about snails pacing in progress.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Dec 04 2008 09:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

DC recalled it because they don't like printing swears, and especially didn't want Batgirl swearing.

As for how long it's been taking to come out, it's not like this is the worst. Far from it, in fact. My boss started reading the comic book Faust when he was in college, and the final issue just came out like a year ago, 20 years later. It was issue 13.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Dec 09 2008 01:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kevin smiths spider man comic also comes to mind

Reply to topic

Jump to: