"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Any Coin Collectors?

Reply to topic
Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Oct 17 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have a small collectio, not really as an investment, but because I think foreign currency is really fascinating. I also have a really cool $1 bill that's backed by silver rather than gold, and is from the first series that ever displayed the "In God We Trust" motto on the dollar bill in 1957.

I also have various franks and deutschemarks from before the Euro, some of the big 5 pence coins from before England changed them to really small, some Chinese coins that are totally bizarre (one feels and looks like it's made of plastic but makes a metallic sound; and another with a hole in it from 1944 [before the cultural revolution]), and of course your requisite old American coins like a penny from 1944 and quarters from the 60s.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Sep 13 2010 01:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

My cousin gave me $6.61 in Belizian currency (a 5 dollar bill, a dollar coin, 2 quarters, two nickels, and a rather flowery penny).

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tomdincan
Title: Test Icicle
PostPosted: Oct 02 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a couple of Dinars I picked up in Iraq, some Yen I got from my uncle, and various other coins I picked up from my grandfather. I have a 200 mark coin from pre-WWII Germany, but if it was minted when all the hyperinflation was going, it's not worth much except as a curiosity.

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

Reply to topic

Jump to: