SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Vital update. Website less Craptastic... It's Alive!

Reply to topic
docinsano
Title: Boner King
PostPosted: Nov 16 2008 05:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

So, I've decided to spruce up the site. It should look less craptastic now as I have done some minor editing. Many of the links have 404's. That's because i haven't made those pages yet, duh. There's probably going to be a considerable deal of rearranging, so if you visit, things may be goofy. My blog will offer the most up to date update information, so check there if you're interested. Let me know what you think and feel free to suggest things to make it better. Hell if you want to contribute, just let me know. I haven't really got a lot of material other than the Images so if you have any ideas.... Also the "Paper" section is meant to have scans of odd or memorable newspaper, magazine, advertisements, and the like. Basically if it's prited on paper it'll go there. So if you'd like your hometown's newspaper clipping hangin' out on the front page for a while with it's own little write up (you'll have to include your caption) let me know. Vintage scans would be nice, but recent is okay, too.

So far I think it's looking all right. I'm going to need to sort out where I'm going to put everything as it seems as if I'm going to be making several pages to organize my material (when i get some that is). Well, that's it. My Craptastic Web Page update 1.0.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 16 2008 09:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Doc.

You will probably want to use a common menu on all of your pages so that they can easily be navigated.

docinsano
PostPosted: Nov 16 2008 04:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Doc.

You will probably want to use a common menu on all of your pages so that they can easily be navigated.

I'm working on that GP, I'm just getting the structure up there so that I can view it on the real internet and see how it all works. That, and googlepages somewhat limits what I can do to the homepage, so that sucks a bit. However, I do plan on giving each page the same menu bar at the top. The style I will be most likely using will be the Video Games page. I'll be setting up the other pages soon and rearranging crap. If something doesn't work out, I'll probably modify or change it to make everything look and feel better.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 16 2008 05:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doc,

There are a few problems with the code on that page.

If you open up Aptana Studio and you have Validation running at the bottom, it will show you where the problems are.

The most severe issue is that you didn't close the first tag.

After that, you used the align attribute several times in the same tag. You probably want to avoid using alignment tags and instead use CSS to control the position of the images.

I took some time and redid the page using another method and commented what I did. If you look at the source code you can see what I was thinking. I also highlighted certain areas so you can see exactly what is happening. You can delete those lines (they are marked) and the page will look as desired.

http://karatekid.sydlexia.com/fuckingaround/doc2.html

docinsano
PostPosted: Nov 16 2008 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished my first article on my page. Feel free to comment on it.....
Link: Here
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 25 2008 12:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

you should post some of that stuff on E&N. you know, cross promotion and whatnot.

I just read the vegas stakes article and got a big laugh, BTW.

docinsano
PostPosted: Nov 25 2008 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
you should post some of that stuff on E&N. you know, cross promotion and whatnot.

I just read the vegas stakes article and got a big laugh, BTW.

Sure! I need to edit it a little but otherwise I'm game for you puttin' it up at E&N. Just need to know what you need to get it up there. I'm glad you liked it, after all, it was my first so far. I hope to do more in the future. Right now, I'm thinking.
docinsano
PostPosted: Jan 12 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Check out my latest article HERE! It's been a while, I know, but I may be on a roll...
Reply to topic

Jump to: