"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Why don't they just let it die?

Reply to topic
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Nov 10 2008 01:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Power Rangers franchise, though it may not have deserved it, had a good run on this side of the Pacific. Unfortunately, Bandai seems to think we're still in it. The franchise has been an utter joke over here ever since Time Force ended. They're just rehashing old incarnations of it now with their toylines. Why can't they just take the hint that the western hemisphere lost interest years ago?
Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Nov 10 2008 01:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

the same reason why Saved By the Bell reruns never go away, there is still a market somewhere, somehow

also look how old the Original Red Power Ranger is now

also the pink ranger is about to have a kid

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Nov 10 2008 01:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Amy Jo Johnson still looks pretty hot.

At least,regarding the Red Ranger, they got the best use of him before he aged too much. "Forever Red" is an episode I can appreciate even now, 10 years since this franchise started.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 10 2008 03:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've actually been hunting down this one line of the rangers, where they have a toy of the red ranger from each series.

I also want to get the old "flip head" ones and those shiny ones from the first movie.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Nov 14 2008 02:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I remember the pink power ranger being in an after-school special about bulemia. We had to watch it in health class, but most kids (even girls) couldn't stop laughing at it after they all recognized her, even when her character was bone thin and lying in the hospital.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Kojjiro!
PostPosted: Nov 15 2008 08:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

what they need to do is bring over the cooler sentai shows like kamen rider and blue swat

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 16 2008 01:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

kamen rider was over here, as masked rider, and apparantly it was done so terribly that the guy who makes these shows said that he woudln't let them ever come to america ever again.

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Nov 16 2008 02:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
kamen rider was over here, as masked rider, and apparantly it was done so terribly that the guy who makes these shows said that he woudln't let them ever come to america ever again.

but masked rider was awesome. It got really awesome after 'Super blue' powers were introduced.

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 17 2008 04:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone remember VR Troopers or Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 17 2008 08:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

I remember both. And Big Bad Beetleborgs.

And it was Superhuman Samurai SYBER Squad. Because using all S's is awesome!

4-S was the best show ever. Tim Curry was an evil computer supervirus who wanted to take over the world. To do so, he enlisted the help of Malcolm, a gothy teenager who no one likes. Every week Tim Curry would want to take over the world, but instead Malcolm would use the viruses he gave him to get revenge on the popular kids at school... who, unbeknownst to him, also happened to be the Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad, who could travel into cyberspace as Sentai and fight computer viruses.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Nov 17 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tim Curry, you gotta love him.
drewbocop
PostPosted: Nov 17 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Anyone remember VR Troopers or Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad?

WE ARE! VR!

I loved that show almost as much as Power Rangers when I was little. Beetleborgs was so-so. Who was that one fat-ass blue thing, Flabbergast or something?

Rycona wrote:
Now that rainbows are confiscate of the Gay Empire Or Whatever©, they're suspect to foul play. People follow it expecting a pot of gold and a leprechaun, but all they find is a mannequin with a melted ass and a bloody rubber inside... and a leprechaun.

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Nov 18 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I loved VR Troopers, I remember where they finally found the main characters father. He had been in the VR world for a long time, reprogrammed as Darkheart. Ryan Steel or Steele. And then Kaitlin something or other, after beating her clone, they were able to merge the clone into her VR form and then she could split into 2 when fighting. Wow, really nerded out there, I need sleep.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 18 2008 12:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

4-S was the best show ever. Tim Curry was an evil computer supervirus who wanted to take over the world. To do so, he enlisted the help of Malcolm, a gothy teenager who no one likes. Every week Tim Curry would want to take over the world, but instead Malcolm would use the viruses he gave him to get revenge on the popular kids at school... who, unbeknownst to him, also happened to be the Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad, who could travel into cyberspace as Sentai and fight computer viruses.

it was always in stupid ways too, like making the toaster ovens in the schoo lcafeteria catch fire, or ruining christmas by making the christmas lights not work.

man, I used to have all of those toys, the dragon, the robot, and the dude. loved that show.

ReeperTheSeeker
PostPosted: Nov 18 2008 02:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

Big-Bad-Beet-ale-Borg! Big-Bad-Beet-ale-Borg!

God . . . i should not remember that theme song . . .

ImageImageImage
Links, pics, vids . . . I shall post these when given the chance
Transformers 2 Review: ". . . Did i mention SHIT BLOWS UP?!!!"

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 18 2008 02:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

Don't forget it had the middle Lawrence brother, Matt as the US lead.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

IceWarm
PostPosted: Dec 26 2008 01:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

I remember one episode where this monster was eating everything but it didn't like spicy foods. So they stuffed a hot radish into a submarine sandwich and it started vomiting up the food and their weapons. I just found that part of the episode hilarious.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Dec 26 2008 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Dec 28 2008 01:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

OMG

Quote:
The main title character of Masked Rider was featured on a 3-part Power Rangers episode before his own series started. The Rangers themselves were never mentioned in the Masked Rider television series, however, as Saban reformatted the series to sever links with Power Rangers, because the popularity of that series was declining at the time. The Rangers did, however, make a guest appearance in Masked Rider's short-lived comic book adaptation.

Cats
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 03:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

i always found the coolest power ranger toys were the ones where you could change the head from helmet to no helmet, just by pushing the legs together, or pushing a button. i was little OK
IceWarm
PostPosted: Jan 01 2009 02:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I remember playing one of the SNES Power Rangers games with my cousins, we actually had a lot of fun with it.

-Edit-

I just played the 1994 Power Rangers game on a SNES emulator. It is still pretty fun. But I find it odd when you are in Ranger form the enemies seem to need more hits to kill than when you are in normal form. Also the first boss reminds me of the Black Knight from Monty Python And The Holy Grail. You beat him up and him arms break off, he keeps fighting. You break his body and then you need to fight his head. Very Happy

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: