"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Mario & Luigi: Partners inTime

Reply to topic
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jul 09 2006 06:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on a DS binge recently and I picked this game up the other day. It's pretty cool, it's an RPG, which I was not expecting. Thanks to people screwing around with time machines, the brothers Mario end up teaming up with their baby selves to fight a new kind of enemy called the Shroobs, alien mushrooms that hate you. Combat is pretty cool because you can use items and all four brothers together to do some pretty cool combos, though it gets tricky on some of the more complex moves. You use A and B to control adult Mario and Luigi and X and Y to control their baby selves and you can send the babies into the areas the adults won't fit into to do some things and other stuff like that. So far, there's been no using of the touch screen, but the game does take full advantage of the dual screens since the babies are often exploring in the top one while the adults are below. Most of the classic enemies in this game actually help you out, including young Bowser (who looks just like Bowser Jr. in the New Mario Bros), in fact, I just finished getting taught how to fight with hammers by Hammer Bros.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 10 2006 06:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Partners In Time kicks ass... If you haven't played Superstar Saga, its GBA predecessor, I'd recommend that too.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Jul 10 2006 09:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Superstar Saga really kicked ass, so I've been wanting to pick up the next game. I've got the no money blues. *harmonica*
Reply to topic

Jump to: