SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
50 NES Quotes Every Gamer Should Know

Reply to topic
JRA
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 04:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

a) Only one Mega Man quote? I realize Mega Man isn't heavy on dialouge but I was kinda expecting "You get Item-blah, get your weapons ready."

b) I tried showing this to the guys at my Gamers Guild, and they were not entertained one iota by it. Sad

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

a) The problem is exactly what you said: Mega Man isn't heavy on dialogue. I did almost included "Fight Mega Man! For everlasting peace!" from the end of MM1, but didn't.

b) From the brief mentions of you've made of your Gamers Guild, they sound kinda lame. They sound a lot like NFNs (Non-Functional Nerds). Most of the people on this site are NIDs (Nerds In Disguise), in that we can carry on enjoyable conversations about things that don't involve video games and Robot Chicken with people who have no interest in video games or Robot Chicken.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 05:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't realize there were so many nerd subclasses. NFNs are definitely the worst and I've dealt with some before. I remember once I was talking to some kid at a show about video games and it transitioned into a few different things where I had to back off because he had no/little idea of what I was talking about. Some of the topics were MMA, chess, football, and nutrition... and he seemed to be lost as fuck. It was actually pretty sad, so I ended up helping a band I barely knew pack up.

RIP Hacker.

GentleBenj
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Christianity says that people are inherently good and that deep down we all want to do the right thing.

Errr, actually, Christianity teaches the exact opposite. The level of depravity we all display when we stick a knife in Lord British is completely in line with the notion of original sin and the fall of man.

Other than that, spectacular list!
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 06:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, but we are created in God's image, and God is good, ergo we are good. We are easily corrupted though, which is why we mustn't be allowed near the One Ring.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GentleBenj
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 06:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We were good, but then Adam boned it up, and we've been boning it up ever since. Hooray!

And you stay the hell away from my Ring. It's mine! All shall love me and despair!
JRA
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 06:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

b) From the brief mentions of you've made of your Gamers Guild, they sound kinda lame. They sound a lot like NFNs (Non-Functional Nerds). Most of the people on this site are NIDs (Nerds In Disguise), in that we can carry on enjoyable conversations about things that don't involve video games and Robot Chicken with people who have no interest in video games or Robot Chicken.

Very intriguing. This'll be something I soak in overnight.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

SSNintendo
Title: Likes to Blow Sh*t Up
PostPosted: Oct 13 2008 09:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Great article, Syd. I always enjoy your old-school game, or any game, articles.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
JRA
PostPosted: Oct 19 2008 02:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

" So instead, programmers gave us the ILLUSION of choice by having the game ask us the same binary question over and over until we pick the intended answer, a trick that has been used as recently as Super Paper Mario."

Ugh. isn't that the truth. I sat through the entire intro of that game, and for some reason I was feeling masochistic because I choose no instead of yes, and rather than the king of Flipside haggling me, the game gave me straight up GAME OVER, and I had to sit through the whole intro all over again. Mad

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Dec 01 2008 02:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know that this article is a bit older

Hey guys. If you enjoyed this article, please DIGG it.

http://digg.com/nintendo/50_NES_Quotes_Every_Gamer_Should_Know

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 04 2008 10:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Infendo also gave a link to the article. The only complaint people there seem to have had with it is language.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Dec 04 2008 08:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Infendo also gave a link to the article. The only complaint people there seem to have had with it is language.

I think he uses that stuff well. Smile If you read all of his articles it's sprinkled in all the right places.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 08 2008 08:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Optimist for submitting the link to Cracked: http://www.cracked.com/article_16781_crackedcom-top-picks.html
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Dec 08 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Thanks to Optimist for submitting the link to Cracked: http://www.cracked.com/article_16781_crackedcom-top-picks.html

Well done!

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Dec 18 2008 08:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Er...

I don't know what it says, but it links to this article.

http://nojesguiden.se/artikel/bevingat-i-8-bitar-0

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Dec 18 2008 09:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't realize sydlexia was also available in German.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Tyop
Title: Grammar Nazi
PostPosted: Dec 18 2008 09:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

.de is Germany, .se is Sweden.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 18 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

.de for Deutschland.

.dk, of course, is Donkey Kong Coutry. Or Denmark. It really doesn't matter.

The UK is .co.uk, because the British government owns the internet and only makes residential and commercial sites available through this. The top-level UK domain is almostly entirely unused.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Dec 20 2008 04:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

So maybe this was not an "every person should know" quote, but I thought worth posting here.

"The rumors are true, you're one tough dude."
--Turk; River City Ransom

I always found that quote cool. By the time you hit Turk news has spread around town that you're a badass Very Happy No one else has quite a quote like that that suggests word and news gets around the RCR world. Turk is also a member of The Zombies, a gang of bosses, specifically, making his word hold more weight than say, Trent, of The Frat Boys.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

SevereFlame
Title: Superpowered President
PostPosted: Dec 20 2008 07:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a feeling many quotes were left out to make the number of quotes on the list 50.
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Dec 20 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

Hey glad to be of assistance.

Satirical
Title: 90's Girl
PostPosted: Apr 28 2009 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

this list cracked me up! i didn't recognize all of them but it was still some pretty funny shit
Reply to topic

Jump to: