"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Reply to topic
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

I recently traded in my PSP for a DS (cause PSP has a shitty game library and I don't care about watching movies on it) and the first game I picked up was thing one. I don't know how you guys feel about the Kingdom Hearts games, but I got hooked by the first one and just recently beat the second one, so I was pumped to play this in-betweener story. It's pretty cool, combat and maps are dictated by cards and there's all sorts of combos and whatnot to make things interesting. The story is a little lackluster, since you pretty much repeat a lot of the things you did in the first game, but the main plot fills in a few gaps only briefly discussed in the second game (such as why half the Organization is beaten by the beginning of 2.)

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest I dislike this game series. The game is using the Secret Of Mana Engine/world Gameplay which they tried to pass off as a adventure game and being that the worlds are too small while the dialogue is boring plus the resung the songs and translate Japanese to English.

Yes it's the closet thing to Secret Of Mana/Evermore but god almighty this game stinks but the battles are fun.

Personally I think Mickey was to be the Star and Sqaure said hey lets makes this Commercial game fun and not boring like all the other Mickey Mouse games out there.

So they threw in there RPG magic and presto Kingdom Hearts is slighty worth it but then again NO Chikcen Little has no place in the Disney Empire.

Where is Marry Poppings when you need her Question

Serously thats great you enjoy playing a card battle system based game for the GBA I mean the NDS but to be fair this game should have been the new Secret Of Mana.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 01:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

[ignoring Regal's kneejerk]

And yeah, I "sucked it up" playing CoM because I was informed it really helps out understanding more about the characters and events in KH 2. It took me about 4 or 5 tries to beat Sora's last boss and against Ansem I just spammed L+R.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

GreenFire1
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 01:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I tried CoM. The plot grips you like a zebra being strangled, but the gameplay gets repetetive very fast. I returned mine. Then I got Fire Emblem.

The opinion I hold of fanfics in general is that they are like the night sky. The good ones are the stars, and the shittastic ones fill the black space in between.
- Original quote

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 10:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kingdom Hearts is perhaps the most bizarre crossover ever. But it works, and they have yet to make a bad one.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Kingdom Hearts is perhaps the most bizarre crossover ever. But it works, and they have yet to make a bad one.

I know, you're like "Disney and Fiinal Fantasy smushed into one with a new story? I duno..." but then it grabs you and won't let go. I still haven't beaten Marluxia's final form, I should get to doing that too since I maxed out on leveling.

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 02:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is Kingdom Hearts is not a cros over but a Mickey Mouse game. It's just Secret Of Mana with Disney chracters all over the place.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 02:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never beaten the first game, but I support Kingdom Hearts. I've enjoyed most of the FF games and I'm a big Disney fan. I thought there would be some sort of cruel parody in the games, but they play it straight. The humor and heart is there. Best partnership since Roger Rabbit or Queen and Bowie... or Rob Zombie and Ozzy Osbourne Razz

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 05:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't find the plot to be all that entertaining. I gave up on CoM right when I got to the final boss. I tried a few times to beat it, but I just don't feel like there's any reason to.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 27 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
The thing is Kingdom Hearts is not a cros over but a Mickey Mouse game. It's just Secret Of Mana with Disney chracters all over the place.

You're a retard.

Reply to topic

Jump to: