"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Kurt Angle on TNA vs WWE

Reply to topic
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jul 29 2008 05:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There’s no comparison, talent-wise, to WWE. We’ve got much more talented wrestlers. Since I’ve been here, it’s probably progressed 200 percent. It’s not me, though. The folks who started TNA have really built it up. WWE still makes over $100 million a year, but eventually we’ll get there. Now they have a real competitor. TNA takes better care of me. They don’t want to overwork me. They want to make sure I can stay wrestling for another five to eight years. There’s a lot of politics in wrestling, wanting to be the top guy. There’s no politics here. That was more important than anything. I can’t say the same about WWE. Well, my first priority is TNA. A lot of companies have asked me. In mixed martial arts, the danger is always there. If he puts me in a submission hold and I’m too proud to tap out and he snaps my arm, I’m out for a year or two. If I were to do it, the money would have to be unbelievable because if I get injured and I’m out, I need to provide for my family. If the money I get in mixed martial arts does not exceed the money I make in TNA, it’s not worth it.

--------------------------------

A lot of talent in TNA has echoed his words on how much better is to work there and how the environment is totally different. Looks like they've learned a lot from the WWE and old WCW way of doing things.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Laminated Sky
Title: Extra Crispy
PostPosted: Jul 29 2008 06:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like Kurt Angle and I don't really watch TNA so he should stay on TNA.

I'm so bananas I'm showing up to your open casket,
to fill it up with explosive gases,
and close it back,
with a lit match in it,
while I sit back, and just hope it catches.

Blow you to fragments,
laugh,
roll you, and smoke the ashes.

http://history.sydlexia.com/index.php?title=Laminated_Sky

Signature subject to change without notice.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jul 29 2008 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Laminated Sky wrote:
I don't like Kurt Angle and I don't really watch TNA so he should stay on TNA.

YOU UNPATRIOTIC BASTARD!
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jul 29 2008 07:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He forgot to mention that the TNA writers don't make him proclaim his desire to have "the bestiality sex" with Booker T's wife.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 29 2008 08:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Kurt Angle is fantastic. He's great on the mic and he's an excellent mat technician.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kurt is a shell of his former self. He was really good but I wouldn't call him an excellent mat tech; Benoit, Eddie and Malenko were mat techs and they were light years ahead of Angle. I mean I would expect all the TNA stars to say it's wonderful working there with he less scheduling and all, but Kurt's just being a tard. He needs to quit before he dies in the ring.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've always liked Angle, he was one of my favorite wrestlers from when he debuted to when he left. He could really give Benoit a run for his money.

We always joked that the Ankle Lock and Crippler Crossface reversed everything, including each other.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kurt is at the end of his shelf life, He used to be great, strong mat tech, amazing on the mic, and was willing to do a moonsault, which is impressive for his size. Now he is just used for bad jokes and bad angles. As for talent, yeah, TNA has a strong group of talent, but that doesn't matter when your booking is shit.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

^ Man makes sense. AJ was better as the goof; he sucks as this serious guy. Team 3D should not be used as anything but fodder.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Team 3D isn't bad, they were better a few years ago, and they are nearing the end of their shelf live, but they have a good couple years before that happens. A perfect example was Victory Road. The main event was Booker T vs Samoa Joe. The event took place in Houston, Texas, Booker T's hometown. Now, if you want Booker to be over as a heel, what is the one thing you shouldn't do? If you said air videos the whole night hyping Booker begin from Houston, Texas, then you are smarter then TNA. Combine that with bullshit belt stealing angle that has already been done in TNA twice this year, and you have TNA booking.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not to mention the gay ass finish to that match, one of the worst I've seen.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

that would be the belt stealing angle.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I know, I meant the 1,000 man run in. I love the Knockouts, but TNA hasn't putting any jobbers out there, and you seriously need those. I want to see Rock n Rave infection every other week, simply because they're awesome jobbers.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jobbers are good for getting stars over, but the knockout division is pretty over as it is, and I rather TNA didn't fuck with it. I wouldn't mind some more jobbers in the X division though, has that has been weak lately.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

TNA was awesome back in their weekly PPV days. It worked because it was truly an alternative to the WWE. Now they're trying to hard to become WWE LITE instead of being different.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

It has become nothing more then a bad WCW clone. I believe Knyte has already pointed out the similarities, but I am too tired to check.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think someone should follow Nitros old formula, back when they were raping Vince and Co.;

Hot Cruiserweight opening match to get the crowd hot and pumped. Start your initial storyline(s), then follow that with your tag match. Get your midcard matches in there, a filler match here and there, and your Main event (which sometimes was filler too) and boom.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

that became part of the problem, if you set up like that, the undercard is going to be pissed about always being the undercard. You need to mix up the formula or you end up screwing yourself over.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 06:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

As long as you're being paid good, I doubt people are really going to care. As Scott Steiner once put "If you're not in this business to make as much as money as you can, you're a mark and deserve to be shat on. Simple as that."

Speaking of which, have you seen the Steiner shoot videos>?

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 06:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Jerricho cared. No likes not going anywhere. If you only use those X division stars for the undercard, it will end up screwing you over.
Ghandi
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 06:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

nihilisticglee wrote:
Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Jerricho cared.

Some of the Radicals. Which wasn't actually a storyline. Not originally, it was all shoot.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 06:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dean Malenko didn't do shit when he left, sad to say. The rest had good matches but they did nothing for the company really, outside of Jericho. And people obviously don't care, hence why Val Venis, Funaki etc. are jobbers. Shit, Kane doesn't care at all, he even turned down an invitation from Taker himself to end his Mania streak and he declined. A lot of them do care, but more often than not, alot of them are just here for a paycheck (Batista, Shelton Benjamin, Kane, etc.)

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 06:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

but they had title at one point or another and there were times were they had push. And they were titles that mattered. Some people don't care, and good for those people, but most wrestlers would rather be pushed.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 06:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Titles are just props, they don't really mean anything. I mean, when was the last time the IC title or the tag titles meant shit to anyone? A lot of those people who want to get pushed are the guys who want that oush for exposure, not for the love of the business. The Hardcore marks who only live and breathe wrestlingare the ones who come out shitty the most at the end:

Bret Hart - Cripple...not really but basically.
Benoit - Dead
Eddie G. - Dead

Look at Cena, Austin, the Rock, Taker, Brock Lesnar, etc. They all got tremendous exposures from their pushes...well maybe not Taker so much but the dude is LOADED, and he's got multiple business ventures.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 06:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

those titles used to mean something though. Today they are shitted on, but it wasn't long ago that I watched Smackdown solely because I wanted to use the best damn tag team champs I had ever seen preform. And when Brian Kendrick and Pual London held the belts for almost a year, people took notice. It wasn't long ago that the cruiserweight champ was one of the highlights of being on Smackdown. Just because titles are being shitted on now doesn't mean they always were.
Reply to topic

Jump to: