"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WARNING: Vince is more reatrded then normal

Reply to topic
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

As for The Montreal Screwjob, you obviously have never seen "Wrestling With Shadows".

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen the one where TNA panned to Tenay and West reading during a backstage segment where Abyss was beating th shit out of someone, but no, I haven't seen that one. If you can find a clip of it on youtube, I would love to see it.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, and I guess you think the Ultimate Warrior DVD was 100 percent Unbiased too, eh?

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Warrior was given a chance to talk about himself on his own DVD. He declined.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Of course it wasn't. I don't like the Warrior, but that DVD was nothing more then propaganda against him.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Screwjob was a work, and if it wasn't, it was Bret's own undoing anyway. Vince did what was best for the better of his own company, not just for one man.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

no way in hell that was a work. There is no way Vince would be stupid enough to risk wrecking rating in Canda over a storyline.
Ghandi
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

joe, you need to get a bit more informed on this stuff. "Wrestling With Shadows" was a documentary about Bret Hart that happened to go through the Montreal Screwjob. It's eye opening to say the least.

Not everything is a work. Figure it out.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I never said everything is a work, but c'mon; Warriors DVD was a "documentary" too, Ghandi. I mean as much as I'd love to believe the rumor, I don't think randy Savage slipped Stephanie the Macho Madness when she was 14ish.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

That is because it is Macho Man. As awesome as he was, he has proven himself to be a dick and I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth without proof
Ghandi
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 05:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

"Wrestling With Shadows" was not a documentary that wasn't made under the ownership or control of the WWF. It was an independent look at Bret Hart from people not in the wrestling business.

Any WWE released DVD or documentary obviously heavy favors making WWE look good. Ultimate Warrior was never well respected among those he worked with, which was known long before he ever got his own DVD.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 06:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I know it was independent, but a lot of these things are made up for the "mystique" of wrestling. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, I just see too many coincidences for it not be a work.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you think matches are perfectly scripted well in advance, then you my friend have a lot to learn.

Usually on the day of the event, the two wrestlers will sit down together with whoever is assigned as the Road Agent for their match. All they have to go on is the finish, from there it's up to the two wrestlers to plan out spots, and go over how to get to the finish. They do not run the whole match, just key spots they want to do.

Once they get into the ring, one person will "call" the match as it goes. Talking with the other wrestlers about which moves to perform. ie when the two wrestlers lock up, one will say to the other, "Double Whip, duck, leapfrog, dropkick." Which means he will irish whip the other, who will reverse the whip into the rope, then he will try to clothesline the first, who will duck and go off the other ropes, then come back and be leapfrogged over, back against the rope and get dropkicked.

All that the announcers get ahead of time is the finishes to the matches. Key points about things for them to talk about during the show are noted. Also, in WWE, Vince is usually overseeing everything, including feeding lines through the headset to the announcers. Austin once mentioned that whenever he did guest commentary he had a custom headset to wear, because the Vince channel was in the right side earphone and Austin is deaf in his right ear, so they had to make him a special headset with the phone channels reversed.

THE SCREWJOB: Not a work.

At the time it was decided, only 6 people were in on it. Vince, HBK, HHH, Pat Patterson, Shane-o-mac, and Earl Hebner.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 31 2008 02:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, Knyte, that's not true anymore. At least now in the WWE. Hogan and Flair have both talked about it before, how back in the day, all you planned out was a finish and a few key spots. Now Vince has them script every detail of every match. That's the price you pay when you start hiring morons like Great Khali based on their look rather than any actual wrestling talent.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Reply to topic

Jump to: