It sucks to be Bill Gates

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 05 2006 11:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Poor, poor Bill Gates. I wouldn't wish his problems upon anybody. Rolling Eyes

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/04/news/newsmakers/gates.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Kurt
PostPosted: May 05 2006 12:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Poor, poor Bill Gates. I wouldn't wish his problems upon anybody. Rolling Eyes

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/04/news/newsmakers/gates.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

Instead of making a stereotypical wisecrack about how I would like all his money, I'm gonna admit that he's lost billions of dollars and has virtually no privacy. So, you have to feel a little sorry for the guy, considering he is basically a very rich dork whom people spy on.

And I would like his money.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 05 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is why Steve Jobs is the best human being on the planet.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Kurt
PostPosted: May 05 2006 01:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor may be right; just look at ol' Stevie's resume.
I like it how he lists the same phone number four times.

Steve Jobs' Resume wrote:
Invested heavily in funding start-up company (Sold my VW mini-bus).

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution with "insanely great" products such as the Apple II. Took the company public in 1980 at $22 per share. Later, in 1984, we reinvented the personal computer with the Macintosh.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 06 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone tried calling that number?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 06 2006 03:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one here that wouldn't want all that money?

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 06 2006 04:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"He has this very refreshing, simple way of looking at things so I put him top of the list," said Gates, adding that the top lesson from Buffett was the importance of integrity.

Still, Gates joked about his plight being unequaled in wealth. Asked if he surrounded himself with financial peers, he quipped, "No, I sit alone."

Well what that means is basically he is rich but the real question is did he follow his heart.

take for example Govenors Scarinator. In his past he followed his heart and the money did come come. More importantly he enjoyed being the buff guy who was indestructible. Then he takes this job as Govenor and in reality the question is did he do it for the right reasons or was it in him.

Or my favorite speaker/politition Jesse Ventura. Jesse start out as a Wrestler, Navy Seal ( the only real reason to join the Navy is Jesse), Limited movie Star, Radio talk show personality, and then govenor. In reality Jesse followed his heart all the way. If he did ran for president everybody knew that everybody would have voted for him.

Or Micheal Poe who is probably the last real animator/comic artist/writer I look up too. Right now Poe is doing what he wanted to do from a child and is working hard on it even if people don't call him the best.

Think the bigger question is Bill Really in his element like these people were. Is he still creating and perfecting or is he just enhanching. Is he a Nerd or a Jock. the real question is did he forget something important to him or is he not in that garage anymore sourounded by freinds alike.

Then again is he like any man after doing everything that he wanted to do or is his life a lie and people dislike him even more.

More or less did we follow our hearts or got stupid jobs, spread our seeds, and let everything that meant everything to us dissapear like a puff of smoke, while we became ugly children playing with our toys.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 06 2006 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Arnold went into politics because he wanted to. There's no money in politics, so he certainly didn't go into for that reason.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 06 2006 05:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is was it really in him. Was it his dream from the start or the great ambition which he is so proud of. Take for example most of the population is parents and most of these parents works dead end jobs that leaves them with nothing in the end besides being exposed to radiation or catching some horrible disease. Then they watch there children do the same thing.

Gates stating He wish he did not have all that money. Is like anybody saying who am I or did myself dissapeared and die while the rest of my life was just a reminisance of yesterday and tommorow was just another day to remember yesterday.

for example Mike Tyson the Boxer and was he really into the sport or did he just do it for the fame.

Gunpei Yokoi and his works was just another way of putting food on the table or did he take real pride in his work.

Did Stan Lee really cared about the comics or did he do it jsut for the money.

George Washington did really cared about a sperating from Britian or did he do it out of fame.

The thing is we all have our lifes works to complete and missions to made but the question is was I really that person or am I sourounded by fools who think nothing of life and could care less for anything but there selfish money.

You can't buy money with life nore you can live happy if you have not yet taken that step to the next level.

Then again this could just be another plot by Mafiasoft to make us remember him.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 06 2006 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Regal, do you spend your days in a basement with tin foil wrapped around your head so the aliens/government don't get you? You have more conspiracy theories than Tom Clancy. Give it a rest.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 06 2006 05:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Saying he wishes he didn't have all that money has nothing to do with whether or not he enjoys his work and is happy with where it got him. When you have that much money, you have no privacy and people won't leave you the fuck alone. That seems to be about the end of it.

And as smart as all your little open ended questions make you feel, they're not fooling us so you don't need to bother. Besides, you're saying all this stuff as if you know the answer, when clearly you don't. Afterall, how do you know that Jess Ventura "followed his heart" and Arnold didn't? I mean, Arnold already has a shitload of money, public office doesn't pay as well as I bet you think it does anyway, and as a Republican he knew going in that he'd get shit for anything and everything he did. But yeah, I'm sure he wanted to be governor for the wrong reasons.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Kurt
PostPosted: May 06 2006 06:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
When you have that much money, you have no privacy and people won't leave you the fuck alone.

Dr. Jeebus wrote:

I mean, Arnold already has a shitload of money, public office doesn't pay as well as I bet you think it does anyway, and as a Republican he knew going in that he'd get shit for anything and everything he did.

Yes, yes and yes. You hit the proverbial nail on the head as far as I'm concerned.
TheTrueWarlock
PostPosted: May 07 2006 04:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

I say if Bill Gates doesn't like being the richest man in the world, he's more than welcome to give some of his money to me.
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 07 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

S. McCracken wrote:
Regal, do you spend your days in a basement with tin foil wrapped around your head so the aliens/government don't get you? You have more conspiracy theories than Tom Clancy. Give it a rest.

Look in the world of business the is various stratergies that have been taken to more business. College is a business, Marraige is a business, and even Chidlren and your dream is a business.

Speaking of conspiracy I do believe there is a group of 13 controlling things behind the scenes.

-------
I might not know the answer but I sure do know that if I was sourounded by beggers all day long in diffrent forms and sizes then I would be sick as heck knowing they don't know one thing I said to them before and they call me a freind. Gates is on that level where he can see people behind him is no diffrent then people on the street asking for a chicken sandwich.

Arnold was a Body builder, gone actor, gone govenor the bigger question is whats next or is my life over and finish. Then again he is like Jessie and wanted to do a little bit of everything the only problem is Arnold is not from here and is really another immigrant who got lucky. Okay I take back the Governator bit.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 07 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Look in the world of business the is various stratergies that have been taken to more business. College is a business, Marraige is a business, and even Chidlren and your dream is a business.

While I'm inclined to agree with you that nearly everything can be seen (by those who are soulless, of course) as a "business", I'm not sure what that has to do with your previous point. Pointing out your unnecessarily verbose opinions on the nature of life and money does not automatically make them true or applicable to everyone. Furthermore, this nonsense about you "knowing" about Bill Gates' intentions and this supposed "Group of 13" controlling things sounds like no more than egotistical posturing to sound smarter and more "in the know" than you actually are.

RegalSin wrote:
Arnold was a Body builder, gone actor, gone govenor the bigger question is whats next or is my life over and finish. Then again he is like Jessie and wanted to do a little bit of everything the only problem is Arnold is not from here and is really another immigrant who got lucky. Okay I take back the Governator bit.

I'm not even really sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that Jesse Ventura wasn't lucky as well? He was in nearly the same situation as Arnold: the citizens of the state were tired of politics as usual and voted in a man who gave the illusion that they were different. Ventura was a former pro wrestler who became an "out of the box" politician with fresh ideas and a fresh outlook. His policies might not all have been winners, but they were new ideas. And let's not forget that Ventura was a mayor before he became governor of Minnesota. Arnold is a bodybuilder turned actor turned politician who had ideas about how to turn California around (figuratively) and dig them out of their energy crisis. People were sick of the status quo and he was their answer. Was he entirely successful? No. Did he quell the energy outcry? More than people think or know.

Are you even from around here, Regal? You speak about Arnold "getting lucky" as if you have been in the US your whole life, but your English syntax and grammar resembles that of a European 8 year-old.

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 07 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I take back what I said about Arnold but if Jesse ran for President I would vote for him any day. His ideas is the future goverment we need. He speaks the truth. Then don't judge my inteligence by my grammer or ideas. I am really in the red right now and starting to see threw things more clearly.
shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 01 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
I take back what I said about Arnold but if Jesse ran for President I would vote for him any day. His ideas is the future goverment we need. He speaks the truth. Then don't judge my inteligence by my grammer or ideas. I am really in the red right now and starting to see threw things more clearly.

Chill out a little bit dude, I'd vote for Jesse too, unless Vince McMahon ran then I'd vote for him lol.
Reply to topic

Jump to: