SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Where were you when they built that ladder to heaven?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 11 2005 04:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So what was everyone doing on 9/11/2001? I know it's kind of a trite question to ask, but I don't really care.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Sep 11 2005 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

when i first heard "the 2nd tower of the WTC has been hit by a 747 airliner" bellowed over my radio i was reading 1984 by george orwell. I then went down to watch coverage of it.

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Sep 11 2005 05:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I walked into Television Production class after an acting class (with one of my future heartbreaks). The TV is on and I see one building bellowing smoke. Someone said it was the Twin Towers... funny, I thought there were two towers... I next remember someone saying terrorists attacked the Pentagon. My first word was "cool" (yeah... not proud either). After a couple of minutes, the second tower collapsed.

That's my memory.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 11 2005 05:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was at work and of course the attack was the only thing that customers were talking about all morning. And yet for some reason, business wasn't any slower. I remember being pretty annoyed about that because I knew that if I didn't have to work then I would have been glued to the TV at home. It was pretty scary and fucked up and the last place I wanted to be was out in public. When I got out of work that afternoon, I found out that my classes had been canceled for the evening so I watched the news for the duration of the day... and the next day... and the day after that.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Sep 11 2005 09:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was at the barber shop when I first about it. The guy next to me got a call on his cell from his wife. When it actually happened, I was in a CS class. I also spent the next few days watching television and watching tempers flare on internet forums.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Sep 12 2005 10:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was at my musicology class (an 8 am class I believe), and when I walked in the first tower had pretty much just been hit. I went home and was glued to the tv for the rest of the day. Parts of that day I'm not proud of were:
rejoicing with my apartment mates when the canceled class
finding it amusing that it was the first time Disney World had ever closed
asking one of my apartment mates "I wonder how the Daily Show is going to cover this..."
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Sep 12 2005 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was woken up by one of my roommates, a native Long Islander, who was yelling about someone "attacking the whole country". I ended up watching TV with him for a little while, and then heading the 40 feet over to my other friend Mike's apartment to watch the coverage with about 10 people there. We were glued to that couch for hours. We pretty much just ate, slept, and watch the news for about 3 days.

B.B.King
PostPosted: Sep 12 2005 12:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:

asking one of my apartment mates "I wonder how the Daily Show is going to cover this..."

i finding myself asking that whenever something big happens. hurricane katrina,9/11,tsunami,they always find some way to make you laugh about some aspect of it,normally how the government is handling it.

hands up if you think bush isnt going to last untill 2008 *raises hand*

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Sep 14 2005 02:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bush may kinda sucks, but he'll still last.

And I didn't see the episode, but I was under the impression that the Daily Show did the 9/11 episode completely straight and tearful, and never aired it again (Unlike any other day when they show it 30 times in a week)
B.B.King
PostPosted: Sep 14 2005 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Bush may kinda sucks, but he'll still last.

yes,he does may kinda sucks

Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: Sep 14 2005 02:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I didn't know the fucking grammar police were after me to make sure I never make a typo. I'll be sure to return the favor to you on every post you ever make from now on.
B.B.King
PostPosted: Sep 14 2005 03:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

thought crime! Room 101!

Reply to topic

Jump to: