"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Mother 3

Reply to topic
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Apr 11 2006 09:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Being an Earthbound lover, I've been pissed off ever since plans for the sequel on N64 were cancelled long ago. I just read an article in EGM that says Mother 3 for GBA will be available in japan later this month.

I just hope nintendo doesn't underestimate the number of fans this game has outside of japan and decide against releasing the game elsewhere.

Anywho, anyone else excited? Or atleast want to ramble about favorite parts from Earthbound?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 11 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had never played Earthbound prior to the late 90s. After Super Smash Brothers came out, I wondered why they wasted limited roster space on a character I had never even heard of. So I tracked down Earthbound as well as the infamous Earthbound Zero rom and I'm glad I did. They are both super fun games.

And Ness is easily one of the best characters is SSB and SSBM.

Since alot of the Fire Emblem games are finally coming to the US, I would be willing to bet that the new Earthbound will come over here too. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that Taito's Rainbow Islands Revolution for the DS gets a US release.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Apr 11 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm super duper mega shitfuck excited to have a new earthbound game. I own Earthbound on SNES and I still play it from time to time (emulation for it sucks, the sound is just WRONG, and audio is a huge part of this game!)

I will be buying it for GBA for sure, as well as downloading it for posterity.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 12 2006 12:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I could beat neither games Sad

I'd play 3 though. Import it, damn it! Unless, I need to buy a new system...

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 12 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:

Well, importing it would be fruitless unless she speaks fluent Japanese. The Earthbound games are RPGs, so they rely heavily on text.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 12 2006 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Tebor wrote:

Well, importing it would be fruitless unless she speaks fluent Japanese. The Earthbound games are RPGs, so they rely heavily on text.

I should've cleared that up. I was talking to the American video game companies also known as "The Patriots" who control everything.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 12 2006 05:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Tebor"]
Syd Lexia wrote:
I should've cleared that up. I was talking to the American video game companies also known as "The Patriots" who control everything.

In this case, NOA is the only pseudo-American company who would be allowed to translate it.
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Apr 12 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got Earthbound when it first came out on SNES and I was hooked from the moment that meteorite landed, but I've actually never played the first one.

I thought I heard that Earthbound was a mixture of mother 1 & 2, is that true?
If not, is 1 worth checking out?

Hey, I know, I can't believe I'm asking that, but we all know that sometimes the game that launches a good series is not always as good as the others. I also hate roms, so that's why I ask.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 12 2006 05:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Earthbound is just Mother 2.

I would definitely recommend Earthbound Zero, and I can help you acquire the rom if you so desire. Earthbound Zero is actually one of the few roms that is NOT illegal to own. If you're not familiar with the story, it goes like this:

Nintendo developed a prototype cartridge for an English version of Mother, but the game never went into production. For years, this cartridge sat around gathering dust until it was eventually sold at auction. The cartridge and its contents then became the sole possession of the buyer. The buyer was contacted by an obsessed retrogamer named Steven Demeter (Neo Demiforce) who agreed to let Demeter dump the rom for $400. The game was then made available for download.

NOTE: The English prototype was simply called Earthbound. To avoid confusion with the SNES game of the same name, Demeter hacked the title screen and changed the name of the game to Earthbound Zero.
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Apr 12 2006 08:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So Zero is a completely different game?
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 12 2006 08:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
So Zero is a completely different game?

From the SNES game, yes.

Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Apr 13 2006 05:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just remember starting Earthbound Zero on my NES emulator and being like oh, this is exactly the same as the SNES one. I'll give it a shot though to see what's changed.
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Apr 18 2006 02:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Earthbound and the Mother series as a whole are awesome....

Anyone who hasn't played it, I urge y'all to play it.

And I bought EB the time b4 Smash Bros. (in '97) That was one of the 2 last SNES games I bought b4 I got an N64 that christmas.

And I can't wait fo Mother 3 to come out. Wanna know more 'bout it? Hit up Starmen.net

Peace

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 25 2006 04:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mother 3 for the N64 was fully completed at APE. they even had some pictures showing the team as they played there finished game on the N64.
Probably have some video too.

Mother 3 for the GBA is a waste of money. What they really should do is invest in 3d chips and then sell the game for $60-$70 and then sell the regular 2d Mother 3 for $30-$40.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 25 2006 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the original N64 version will be available on the Revolution's download service.
RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 25 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Maybe the original N64 version will be available on the Revolution's download service.

We all know Nintendo is going to pull the same hat trick like every other time they created something so perfect and then poof another $250 dollars right out from my wallet. Then I will look at some other console and say I wish I could play

You could play most N64 games on a Gamecube without messing up the insides.
PLay Genisis games, Master System, Snes, and NES. You can even run .exe as dol files from a computer or correctly written disc if I had the writer. Linux has been runed on a GCN.

The last real deal Nintendo ever gave us was the SNES and what could have been the SNES2. Now there going to throw away what is known as the most easy system to program for the revolution?

What I am waiting for is the auction like the last time. It's that or break and enter.
One day just one day I will do it. I mean it. You gotta do it sometime.

Personally SONY PS3 after thinking about it looks like a mini CD player and is the real reason why the Rev and 360 was created. Not only that the real reason the 360 was realeased the fact the feared the price of the PS3 and REV.

If the game is playable I will be waiting with my emulator and GCN at hand.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 26 2006 06:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Revolution is going to be backwards compatible with the Gamecube, meaning it will be able to use both the GCN controllers and play the GCN game discs. Yes, for the first time ever, Nintendo has finally come through with a nextgen system that can play the last gen's games.
Reply to topic

Jump to: