[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Slither

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 02 2006 01:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Funny movie.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 03 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't seen it yet... I'll probably wait til it's OnDemand because my friends were very against seeing it. Very.

But I feel like that whole subplot with the lady who wanted to stay with her mutated husband was stolen right out of Return Of The Living Dead, Part II.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Apr 03 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's alright, it wasn't great. I felt that most of the jokes were either so obvious you saw them coming miles away and were then delivered badly, or they were just lame.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 03 2006 04:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was in a group of eight and pissed the hell out of the theater. Yes, we sat through the whole credits to see that cat open the door to a sequel. No, that's not a spoiler.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Apr 03 2006 06:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
I was in a group of eight and pissed the hell out of the theater. Yes, we sat through the whole credits to see that cat open the door to a sequel. No, that's not a spoiler.

Dammit! I knew there was gonna be something at the end, but my buddy was being a dick and didn't want to wait.

Oh and does anybody remember a movie from I believe the 80's with a simliar plot? Alien worms jump down people's throats and turn them into zombies? I think they could raise corpses like that too. There's a scene where a whole schoolbus load of idiot kids get killed when a dog with a worm in it jumps in front of it and the driver swerves? I can't remember the name...

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 03 2006 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Night of the Creeps?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 03 2006 07:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
Tebor wrote:

Dammit! I knew there was gonna be something at the end, but my buddy was being a dick and didn't want to wait.

Oh and does anybody remember a movie from I believe the 80's with a simliar plot? Alien worms jump down people's throats and turn them into zombies? I think they could raise corpses like that too. There's a scene where a whole schoolbus load of idiot kids get killed when a dog with a worm in it jumps in front of it and the driver swerves? I can't remember the name...

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday? Dark Skies?

Neither were from the 80s...

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Apr 03 2006 09:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The other 80's slug movie is DEFINITELY "Night of the Creeps", one of my favorite films ever. Tom Atkins stars in it as a suicidal detective who helps a college student fight off intergalactic slugs and the zombies they create.

Best line -- "It's Miller time!", with a close second being, "I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is, your dates have arrived. The bad news is... they're all dead."
Reply to topic

Jump to: