[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
A music video featuring Atari's ET game

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 25 2006 05:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jan 25 2006 05:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If they actually did go out and dig up all those cartridges, then that's the coolest thing I've seen all year.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 25 2006 09:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty sure that it's staged. According to Snopes:

"In order to keep the site from being looted, steamrollers crushed and flattened the games, and a concrete slab was poured over the remains."

That means they must have bought a massive amount of ET cartridges for a site gag, which is almost as impressive.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jan 26 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Keith Schofield kicks ass. Yeah, Syd, I think I heard somewhere that Atari had crushed up the carts and buried them, originally, so I don't think they could have actually dug these up. Plus I doubt they'd have been able to find the exact location of the cartridges. Also, moisture and whatnot would have ruined them, etc. etc. However, it's cool that they set it up to look like they did.

On a somewhat related note, have you seen Keith Schofield's Pi video?
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jan 26 2006 01:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to mention, the boys probably bought only one cartridge and used a sticker for the rest. Still, that's a lot of black boxes.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Jan 30 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
Keith Schofield kicks ass. Yeah, Syd, I think I heard somewhere that Atari had crushed up the carts and buried them, originally, so I don't think they could have actually dug these up. Plus I doubt they'd have been able to find the exact location of the cartridges. Also, moisture and whatnot would have ruined them, etc. etc. However, it's cool that they set it up to look like they did.

That Pi video is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Saw it a few months ago and have loved that song ever since.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jan 31 2006 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
Murdar Machene wrote:

That Pi video is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Saw it a few months ago and have loved that song ever since.

I love that pi video, but I argue that it isn't really a music video. I think it's really an "educational parody". Therefore, it must be dequalified from running in this year's contest... wait, that was just my video two years ago! Screw you judge system!

Back to wizards blasting children... never mind... I can't recover after that.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Reply to topic

Jump to: