[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
XBox 360 commercial

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 14 2005 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Now, it's no big secret that I don't particularly care for the XBox or its offspring. I'm usually pretty content to leave it at that, but the newest XBox 360 commercial is so incredibly ponderous that it bears commenting upon. In the television spot, we see teenagers throwing water balloons at each other while the children's song "Teddy Bears' Picnic" plays in the background.

Now, I'm not saying it's THE GAYEST IDEA EVER... However, Butt Pirates have been spotted off the coast of Microsoft.

Hey, it could be a coincidence.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Nov 14 2005 04:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hate the mentality of x-box players. I was talking to my boss at work before about gameboy advance and how fun the games are, and he just says, "Kid's games? I don't play kid's games. I like the more graphical games, like Halo."

I don't watch TV because most stuff stucks these days. I hate xbox 360. The new Perfect Dark looks really fucking stupid.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Nov 14 2005 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
I hate the mentality of x-box players. I was talking to my boss at work before about gameboy advance and how fun the games are, and he just says, "Kid's games? I don't play kid's games. I like the more graphical games, like Halo."

I totally agree. Apparently, people correlate high-resolution, high-quality graphics with great gameplay. Last I knew, game mechanics and playability were the main factors in judging gameplay. Maybe I'm insane. I mean, sure, great sounds and graphics are nice and a good storyline is definitely a boost, but if the gameplay is horrible, what's the point? Games are for playing, not viewing. They're not damned pictures. Not even pictures are generally judged based on resolution, great graphics, and.... =-=rants=-=

You get the idea.

RIP Hacker.

Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Nov 14 2005 06:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Katamari Damacy, case in point. Not the greatest graphics ever, but it is damn fun. Also, one of the few games I've ever played that I can honestly say NEEDED an analog stick, that didn't just have one for the gimmick of it (Super Monkey Ball 2 also makes this list).
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Nov 14 2005 08:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't watch TV that isn't DVD or on Fox Sunday nights... has any website posted this commercial?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 15 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's not on the XBox 360 site... I think I did see it on Fox Sunday Night, but I was flipping between that and NBC, so maybe not.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 15 2005 07:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think I was watching either G4 or Cartoon Network but I saw a different commercial. It was basically these people doing pretty decent jump roping and then when they're done a white screen with the XBox 360 logo comes up and I was like "What the...?"

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Kutulu
Title: Ano Nantoz Kako Daimono
PostPosted: Nov 15 2005 03:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I think I was watching either G4 or Cartoon Network but I saw a different commercial. It was basically these people doing pretty decent jump roping and then when they're done a white screen with the XBox 360 logo comes up and I was like "What the...?"
The man in charge of marketing and publicity is the same guy who did it for the Dreamcast, so it is expected to be a little... weird.

Anyways, I probably hate the Xbox more then anyone else.

Think of me not as One, Think of me not as None, Think of me not at all, for I am Continual.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 15 2005 04:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:

I think maybe they are trying to do the same thing as Nintendo although they have to move in the opposite direction. In recent years, Nintendo has tried very hard to prove that its systems offer something for everything. In other words, they've tried to shake the so-called "kiddie" image that various N-haters like to associate with the company. XBox is trying to do the opposite. It has a reputation as a system for frat boys, twentysomethings, and retardedly violent teenager boys. By showing people doing innocuous things like fighting with water balloons and jumping rope, Microsoft hopes to push the system as something that's good harmless fun for everyone. Unfortunately for them, they don't actually have any titles to back this up yet.
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Nov 15 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the XBox addicts I've met are either psychopath sports fans that like play live with each other or Halo players. I've really never met a civil XBox fan. Like you guys mentioned, they bash any other console without reason.

I just can't believe how people just keeping pumping money into Microsoft!
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Nov 16 2005 02:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Once I met an x-box fan, a scary mortician named Wyatt. I was telling him why I disliked it and why I liked PC better. Wyatt ended up running in to and starting an argument with my girlfriend 4 months later at a party regarding x-box vs. PC, saying stuff like, "I beat up stupid assholes like that", regarding me, etc. Mind you, he said NONE of this to my face, nor did he ever display that he was actually ANGRY about anything. Also, this is a huge, 6"3' fat ass, and she's like 4"8', 99 pounds. So beyond being scary and psychotic (and probably a necrophiliac who rapes the corpses he deals with), he started an argument with my girlfriend who knows or cares nothing about video games and threatened me, all thanks to the x-box!
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Nov 20 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I finally saw the ad on Family Guy. The commercial scared me and even made me want to discourage people from buying it. Hell, if Perfect Dark Zero makes you riot who would ever want to play it?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Nov 21 2005 03:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

None of the original team members are even working on PD zero. Also, the gun models are retardedly huge. That game is dumbed down and idiotic, Joanna Dark has been turned into a raver moron. Fail get.
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Nov 21 2005 10:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

So last year I did a friend of mine a favor and accompanied him to a midnight opening "party" at a local EB for "Halo 2". I even ponied up the cash to get the game, despite not having any fun with the first one. When we got there, they had some multiplayer matches going and pizza and whatnot. People had brought in their own systems, many of which were painted up and "customized" for maximum effect. And, looking around, I was overwhelmed by the sense that many of the guys in this crowd were NOT gamers. They were the kids who, back in the day, made fun of people like me who cared more about "The Legend of Zelda" than about intramural sports. It was an awkward situation. There I was, waiting for the midnight release of a video game, and I felt utterly out of place. I was at a Gamecube launch line up and that was great. I used to work at an EB and that was natural. I did a DS pre-order lineup, too, and was fine. But this... I don't know. I don't hate the X-Box (hell, I play mine frequently), but the scene attached to it absolutely sucks. And, while I acknowledge that MS has done great things with "XBox Live", I can't bring myself to use it frequently, on account of the quality of the interaction available with the service. Promptly five minutes after joining my first "Halo 2" MP match, I was called a f-g over my headset because some guy with a country twang didn't like my GamerTag (greeneyedzeke). At this point, I only use it for games that my friends are playing. Private matches are the way to go.
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Nov 21 2005 10:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hate x-box live, people talk shit on tetris worlds. How the fuck does someone talk shit on tetris? OMG U SUK IM GONNA DROP SO MANY BLOKS U R F-GG-T. Although once I met a nice couple from ontario on tetris worlds. They proceeded to kick my ass, the girlfriend first, then the boyfriend. So canadians win.
Reply to topic

Jump to: