[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Should Disney buy Capcom?

Reply to topic
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 02:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really care what your little quotes say about the game. The game was obviously made with more than retro in mind. It was a concept that stood on it's own, the graphical style they went with was an after thought. It stood on it's own merits. And honestly it didn't look that 8-bit to me anyway. There was a lot of detail and color to it that made it look better than what an NES game could. No need to get all huffy with me, pal. I don't know what your problem is with what I said, I was complimenting the fucking game.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, while I'm agreeing with most of what you say Muppet, you've been starting to get increasingly hostile and cunty in this convo. Dial it back a notch so we don't think of you like that forever.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 06:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Yeah, while I'm agreeing with most of what you say Muppet, you've been starting to get increasingly hostile and cunty in this convo. Dial it back a notch so we don't think of you like that forever.

Fair enough. Sorry, that last post was pretty brutal.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 06:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
cunty

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 06:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is not at all the direction I'd have envisioned for this thread.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
I don't really care what your little quotes say about the game. The game was obviously made with more than retro in mind. It was a concept that stood on it's own, the graphical style they went with was an after thought. It stood on it's own merits. And honestly it didn't look that 8-bit to me anyway. There was a lot of detail and color to it that made it look better than what an NES game could. No need to get all huffy with me, pal. I don't know what your problem is with what I said, I was complimenting the fucking game.

I was agreeing with you on it being a quality game and was not getting all "huffy" with you. I still disagree with you on it not being a retro title though and my little quotes were trying to make that point. I meant no offense. However, in context I agree that post was pretty hostile and understand why you might have perceived it that way. Apologies to you, and sorry Syd that response was pretty off the hook...

I have tendency to go in this direction sometimes when I am passionate about a topic.
Cameron
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 07:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will admit I have a bit of a personal bias towards indie games, if only because they're generally substantially cheaper than retail games. If I only paid five dollars or often less to play a game, I'm not that upset about a recurring retro aesthetic.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:
cunty

Oops, forgot Cameron gets triggered by bad words.

Cameron
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Cameron wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:
cunty

Oops, forgot Cameron gets triggered by bad words.

I'm not "triggered", I just think "cunty" is on the same level of sophistication as when someone used the phrase "nigga" on here a few months ago.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Are you fucking serious? Jesus Christ. Sorry, no more bad bad words to hurt feel feel feelings.

Anyway, this thread has gotten ridiculous. Is anyone gonna come in and continue the ridiculous train? Kinda excited.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 03 2015 12:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not playing your games man. Fuck you.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 03 2015 02:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I do gotta say though, that the .gif of Mike from Breaking Bad is perfection.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Mar 03 2015 06:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

The thing about retro games is that they forcibly take what they want from old games to make their game. The indie developers prod and fondle the old game's concepts without consent because it gives them a sense of empowerment for their game. They'll take an existing game design, hold it down, pull out their content, and just start ramming it in against the game design's will. The problem I have with indie retro games is that they perpetuate rape culture. When you buy indie games, you support rape. All the proceeds go to Boko Haram so they can kidnap more girls to sell into sex slavery. With each new retro indie game, Michelle Obama has to come up with a new hashtag campaign. Stop indie games, stop perpetuating rape culture.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 03 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There are plenty of decent games coming out these days but there is way more shit coming out and it has become tedious to sift through all the trash to find the gems. They could completely stop making new games and I wouldn't give a damn because the amount of good games that have already been released can provide enjoyment for decades. There are easily over 100 good games from the last generation alone that I have yet to play that I will get around to whenever I feel like.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Mar 08 2015 04:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First off. I fully admit my last few posts in this thread have been "cunty". I apologized, sorry if I offendend anyone. But this is not a ridiculous thread no matter its derailment.

Part of me is like "Okay whatever this is the internet", and I feel that people shouldn't perceive these posts as a personal attack...

For the record I sent Syd a PM, asking him to "please not ban me, and that we will disagree not to disagree", and that is not a typo. I respect Sydlexia very much and believe him to be incredibly talented...

What bothers me is people using no logic in arguing a point. Again, I cannot and will not say this again, sorry if I offended and will admit that Syd's response to my PM (basically saying "don't worry I disagree with you but don't take it personally.") perhaps gave me license to go balls to the wall and straight out call him out.

I just quite frankly don't understand how people completely discount video games being irrelevant outside of some AAA dev, indie dev, or culturally as a (eastern vs western) studio depending on a personal preference that is outside the bounds of any reasonable or factual basis. I like games, no matter their origin if they are quality and this is the point I was attempting to make. I admit I did that in a poor way.

I also believe that I might have contributed to an overall bad vibe on this forum as people were pretty much going at each other's throats in other threads immediately after Woodzy posted that response. Whatever, this has been a pattern on this site for a long time. Sorry if people stopped logging on to post here due to this. That's sucks...

This thread is not ridiculous, it is a conversation that evolved into a different topic intended by the OP. What is wrong with that?
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 08 2015 04:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Settle down buddy, no one is legit pissed or anything. I've butted heads with many people on this forum, while continuing to have a friendship or other conversations with them at the same time on Twitter or Facebook. I try to never let things get personal and most other people agree.

You're cool, now shut the fuck up you stupid idiot I'm right and you're not now shut up geez dude stop oh my gosh for real dude geez.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Mar 08 2015 04:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Settle down buddy, no one is legit pissed or anything. I've butted heads with many people on this forum, while continuing to have a friendship or other conversations with them at the same time on Twitter or Facebook. I try to never let things get personal and most other people agree.

You're cool, now shut the fuck up you stupid idiot I'm right and you're not now shut up geez dude stop oh my gosh for real dude geez.

"I'm just going to go home and bite my pillows!"

View on YouTube

Very Happy
maverickhuntergirlz492
PostPosted: May 13 2015 02:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

hell no they shouldn't. sure Capcom had a history with Disney but they only made Disney games tolerable because Disney sucks at making games kinda or well more like they're the master of mediocre crud
Reply to topic

Jump to: