SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Red Dwarf X

Reply to topic
Alowishus
PostPosted: Oct 25 2012 04:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is viewable in the USA yet. Google seems to indicate that it will be showing at the same time. If that's the case has anyone been watching it?

In my opinion the show is truly back on form. Even though the actors are way older they still have the same charm and comedic capabilities they did when the show was first running.

Four out of the Six episodes have been shown with only two weeks left until the series over.

I really do hope that Dave commissions another series of it.

Also if you haven't watched Red Dwarf i'd highly recommend it.

It's light years better than Dr. Who.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dwarf
Fernin
Title: Comic Author
PostPosted: Oct 25 2012 08:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I only just got into Red Dwarf a few days ago myself, still in the middle of series 2 so far. I've really been enjoying it, looking forward to getting through the rest of the show. Good to hear that the new stuff is good, I had heard that the last attempt at reviving it didn't go so well.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Alowishus
PostPosted: Oct 26 2012 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. I really do love the show but Series 7 and 8 are a bit different and in my opinion pretty bad. They are held by many dwarf fans to be pretty mediocre.

Though 1-6 are absolutely amazing. Especially 5 where every episode is hilarious.

The first revival aka Back to Earth was okay. A lot of people criticised it cause it had loads of CG effects and set design so it took away from the show. The story was typical Red Dwarf but it was a bit iffy and there's actually a lot of references to British Soaps and stuff so i dunno how well that would translate elsewhere.

I'm sure you've already picked up on Red Dwarfs quirky, doesn't take itself too seriously and plot hole nature aka GAZPACHO SOUP. The deal with Back to Earth followed that where the show in its original run ended in Series 8. Back to Earth originally was said to have skipped series 9 and is set during series 10.

Of course there is a series 10 now but there is still a gap between 8 and to Back to Earth were the plot is not explained at all. That's why it's such a great show, cause it does that and it just doesn't care. Even in series 10 it has barely been addressed lol.

But yes the new series definitely belongs with 1-6 in terms of quality.
Reply to topic

Jump to: