"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Supernatural

Reply to topic
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Oct 18 2012 04:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've just got around to starting season 8, and I was wondering if anybody else was a fan of the show?

Personally I feel like season 8 is starting off rather poor, but let's see where it goes.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 18 2012 05:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I started watching this show on netflix a year or two ago. I started watching it live at the beginning of Season 6 or 7.

I haven't watched last night's ep yet, but I agree that this season seems poor so far. Although, I like the intrigue with Dean befriending a vampire in purgatory. Castiel has been such a great character, it would be a shame if he was dead and we don't get too much of him this season. This show kills off so many people, it's baffling.

While it doesn't really matter, because this is all just "bonus" material since Kripke left at the end of Season 5 and completed his story, at least seasons 6 & 7 were worth watching. What I've seen so far is tempting me to drop it. Now, I'm hearing rumors that they want to do two more seasons, because the ratings have been bumped by the lead-in from Arrow. Hopefully they can craft a storyline worth watching for that.

It's been a fun, if not exceptional show. Good popcorn, escapism TV.
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Oct 18 2012 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah definitely, season 6 and 7 really did it for me. Both really great, though season 7 kind of ended weird.
Though you can't really get much of a better ending than season 5, holy crap that was awesome.

And I miss Castiel and Bobby, both great characters, though season 7 made both of them pretty unlikeable. There was no reason to kill off Bobby other than bumping up views. I need to go on Hulu and finish catching up.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Oct 18 2012 07:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I watched a handful of episodes and i kinda like it, especially because of the relationship of the two main characters.It lacks in terms of mystery because they have a tendency to explain everything and put it into a big picture but it's actually well made.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 19 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I watched Wednesday's ep last night. Getting back to the case of the week format, and away from the main storyline, helped out a lot. Some bad writing was still too noticeable though: "I'm the guy from Phoenix you're looking for!" Thanks writers, I was too stupid to figure that out myself! Slobberknocker!
Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 25 2012 02:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pardon the doublepost, but that ep last night was certainly crappy.
Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Dec 09 2012 09:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay! My thoughts on the 8th season so far.

I feel like they were trying to cram a lot into the first few episodes, but with Castiel returning and this new side plot with Naomi I think I'm getting back into it.

Benny is a pretty good character. kinda like him.

I also think that the whole Sam and Dean fighting over supporting something they usually kill has been /overdone/ to /death/.

Speaking of Death, I'd love to see him show up again. He's a great character in this series

Cattivo
PostPosted: Dec 10 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it has gotten better. More Cas is always preferred.

I don't care about Sam's love life in between the seasons though, and you're right that the conflict between the brothers over not killing some baddies is definitely overdone. Regardless, I'm enjoying Benny's character.
Cattivo
PostPosted: May 16 2013 09:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Double Post Bump

Did anyone watch the season finale last night? If only for the last cgi shot alone, I liked it. Man, weird, long season. It started off really weak, but was at least able to get interesting by the end. The actor portraying Crowley did some outstanding work last night, too. Also, hopefully what happened with Cas means he'll become a regular next year. I want him in every episode, damn it!
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 16 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know the girl who's boyfriend's head exploded last week in the opening scene.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Cattivo
PostPosted: May 17 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, neat. I think they film in Vancouver, so that probably explains it. Although, I don't know how much financial advantage there still is in filming in Canada instead of in Hollywood, as the dollar and loonie have been at relative parity for a little while now. I think the dollar finally became worth more than one canadian dollar this week for the first time in a while.
Reply to topic

Jump to: