SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Burn With Jeffrey Ross

Reply to topic
Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 03 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think this sets the record for Comedy Central's worst show since Mencia. They're both strikingly similar in that both hosts can't help but laugh over their "edgy" humor that basically just amounts to direct insults with lame punch lines. I'm starting think it might actually just be genius black comedy. He has a huge studio audience, but almost nobody laughs, and he has these awkward "Man on the street" sequences where he tells terrible insults, while the people either roll their eyes or smile uncomfortably. Having trouble finding episodes, but I'm guessing this is another one-seasoner Comedy Central cash-in on the current well-known comedian.

EDIT: Thought it couldn't get worse, then they brought out Bobby Lee, who is the least funny motherfucker to still get work, as well as second runner-up Jim Norton.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Sep 03 2012 04:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dave Chappelle he is not.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Cattivo
PostPosted: Sep 04 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've never been a fan of Jeff Ross. His comedy doesn't seem that special at all.

The only reason I even watched a few minutes of this was because I saw a commercial with Mary Rajskub in it. She's awesome. While she's known for 24, she can be really funny.

As one of the few fans of Mad TV, I have no issues with Bobby Lee, and am just glad he's getting a paycheck. Didn't know he was on this show, though. Jim Norton just seems like a creep.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Sep 04 2012 01:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
The only reason I even watched a few minutes of this was because I saw a commercial with Mary Rajskub in it. She's awesome. While she's known for 24, she can be really funny..

That and she's really cute.

Also, I've never heard Bobby Lee be funny. He's usually just really loud.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 04 2012 03:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked MadTV for a while, but got sick of it rehashing its few successes over and over. I think it was more fun to watch talented people like Arty Lang, Michael McDonald, and Key & Peele take a stale sketch and make it watchable.

I actually didn't have anything against Lee until recently. Most of his MadTV stuff was him taking his shirt off and yelling at the camera, or really dull asian race humor. I'd see him on stand-up shows following that, and it was downright awful, because it was the same thing, except without other cast members to pick up the slack. I didn't really become ambivalent until I tried to watch that Heckler movie. Seeing the likes of him and Jamie Kennedy bomb, then have the ego to say that they're both comic geniuses beyond critique was just obnoxious to watch. It seems like now, he mostly just sucks up to other comedians to get what little air-time he can.

I've seen Jeff Ross' standup before he got into the "roasting" thing, and it was pretty damned funny. It wasn't amazing, and I didn't actively seek his work, but if one of his specials was on, I'd watch it.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Oct 05 2012 01:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think I called it. Looks like this is goes into Comedy Central's "Popular comedian cash-in bin" with all the other cancelled crap.

Jack Slater
Title: Friendly Felon
PostPosted: Jul 22 2013 08:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Cattivo wrote:
The only reason I even watched a few minutes of this was because I saw a commercial with Mary Rajskub in it. She's awesome. While she's known for 24, she can be really funny..

That and she's really cute.

Also, I've never heard Bobby Lee be funny. He's usually just really loud.

Clearly you've never met the from da streetz badass that is TUUHHHAAANNKKK!

He's got a Dae-WOO!

Cause that's how I roll bounce.

Reply to topic

Jump to: