SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Walking Dead Season 3

Reply to topic
Cattivo
PostPosted: Feb 12 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

If the direction it's gone into doesn't interest King, ah well. That's how it goes sometimes. No need for him to waste an hour watching it if it isn't entertaining him.

Cameron wrote:
I was discussing this with JoshWoodzy last night; I'm not sure if this was intentional, but the way that Beth kissed Rick and kind of gaped into his eyes after she did so made me feel like she's gonna have a big ol' crush on Rick in the later episodes. When she told Carol "I always wanted a baby" I assumed she was implying "I want Rick's babies".

Yeah, I noticed that too. Beth totally has a thing for Rick. Meanwhile, Carl totally has a thing for Beth, so that's gonna cause some tension, especially when contesting Rick's leadership.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Feb 12 2013 06:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Cameron wrote:
I was discussing this with JoshWoodzy last night; I'm not sure if this was intentional, but the way that Beth kissed Rick and kind of gaped into his eyes after she did so made me feel like she's gonna have a big ol' crush on Rick in the later episodes. When she told Carol "I always wanted a baby" I assumed she was implying "I want Rick's babies".

Yeah, I noticed that too. Beth totally has a thing for Rick. Meanwhile, Carl totally has a thing for Beth, so that's gonna cause some tension, especially when contesting Rick's leadership.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I can't imagine how awkward it would be if the girl you liked had a crush on your dad.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Feb 13 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Cattivo wrote:
Cameron wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I can't imagine how awkward it would be if the girl you liked had a crush on your dad.

You've obviously never watched Crazy, Stupid Love.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 17 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dapper Axel is no more, that's sad. I knew once he had three conversations that his time was drawing near. And good on Daryl for standing up to buttmunch. I hope we do see Merle turn around and be a good guy, though that's a big stretch.

Also, is Tyreese and crew just gone now? Whatever, that kinda sucks if so. Maybe he's just on standby, waiting in the wings.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 18 2013 10:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Poor Axel, he was cool.

The Governor is such a fucking prick. Merle kinda redeemed himself a little bit at the end there.

I imagine this is eventually going to end for the Governor the way it ended for Gary Oldman in the Book of Eli:

"You sacrificed so much, so many men. More than you could spare. Now, all those people who were too scared to even say your name, they're downstairs, tearing up the bar right now, did you know that? And there's no one there to stop them. And you're feverish."
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cattivo
PostPosted: Feb 18 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That shootout seemed pretty stupid to me. The Governor was out in the open there, shooting like crazy at the prison folk, but the guy next to him who was smart enough to get cover behind a car door gets hit? WTF?

On top of it all, while he did damage to the prison, and killed one of its occupants, he lost at least two men himself. Oy.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 18 2013 02:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's showing how far gone the Governor is. Even Rick, who's fucking hallucinating, is diving for cover and being level headed during a fire fight. The Governor thinks he's Robocop.

Also, about Rick's insanity, I think it's being far overblown. He hasn't gone through THAT much comparatively. Carl is personally responsible for Dale's death, and had to shoot his mom in the fucking head, but you don't see him hallucinating and being an emo baby. I know, I know, Rick's personal responsibility in the group as the leader is taking his toll, I get that. It's just kinda silly to think he'd be that far gone but Carl is fine. Hell, Herschel had to see his wife die, his new wife die and then get turned into a walker and then shot by Rick's group and he's holding it together! That alone is far worse than anything Rick has gone through.

Next episode, I predict the following obviousness:

Andrea goes back to the prison (duh) and everyone is a dick to her, for good reason.

No one trusts Merle, but he'll probably turn out to be alright in the end, probably have a heart to heart with Daryl or someone else in the group, then sacrifice himself for Daryl or the group later on in the season.

Beth dies by the end of the season. You know she will, it's just gonna happen.

Also:

Cameron
PostPosted: Feb 18 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly thought Herschel was gonna bite the big one for a minute there, given that so many people have died this season. Good to see Michonne and Glenn help him out.

And I do kind of see Beth dying, given the long still shot of her helping Maggie feed the baby. Either that or she's going to develop some weird obsession with Rick; long still shots of happy scenes usually indicate horrible things looming in the horizon. Sad

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Feb 19 2013 09:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed that shootout. It was tense. I thought just about anyone could have been shot, and now I finally have a definitive reason to really want the Governor to die.

Also, Andrea is going to have to be the one who ultimately kills the Governor, right? I think that's who the writers will have end him. It really is the only way she can redeem herself for being an annoying fucking mongo this season.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Cattivo
PostPosted: Feb 20 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
Also, Andrea is going to have to be the one who ultimately kills the Governor, right?

Agreed. I've wondered about that possibility ever since she went to Woodbury, and the past few episodes I'm thinking that it's very likely.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 25 2013 08:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tyreese noooooo, leave Woodbury now!

I lol'd when Rick pushed Andrea on the ground and told her "Welcome back."

Cattivo
PostPosted: Feb 25 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

An enjoyable episode, but I'm wondering if Andrea is completely ruined as a character now?

Tyreese slowly discovering the Governor's madness will be interesting, contrasted to how Rick's insanity was obvious immediately.
Cameron
PostPosted: Feb 25 2013 08:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
An enjoyable episode, but I'm wondering if Andrea is completely ruined as a character now?

That's what my dad was wondering as well. I've been trying my hardest to at least kind of find her endearing since the series even began but at this point her previous status of "annoying" has now fallen into "loathsome". Michonne kind of summarized my (and everyone else's) feelings towards Andrea with her the-reason-you-suck speech ("You chose a warm bed over a friend?").

Alowishus
PostPosted: Feb 26 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Okay i've two episode to do here.

Episode 10 - Home
Previously on the Walking Dead:

Andrea made a shit speech, Glenn goes crazy, Rick goes crazy. Momentous episode indeed...

So Rick is going insane in da membrane, again...

*sad music plays* - yes I really feel for his fucking dementia right now

...and the fucking Shanty town in the middle of the prison grounds.

Awwwwh no imminent.

This scene is stupid. Lori better end up being a zombie that is chewing on Ricks face while he's imagining this.

Meanwhile at Woodbury:

Devoid of life....oh wait it's the shows most retarded character!

LOL "quite a speech"

No retaliation eh....

Yes go and fucking see them!

ANDREA NEW LEADER, I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS.

Okay, she has a choice, prison or Woodbury.

I swear to fuck, if she picks Woodbury, skulls will be broken.

Merle and Daryl time.

Lol loot for booty.

Lol Merle so mean.

A BREACH

"we should hit him now".....Glenn pls go

Renaissance Man, man of reason, Hershel strolls in.

"We can't run"...it's like Glenn thinks he's going to live in the prison forever

Glenn was one of the best characters, now he is going down annoying idiot lane.

"Leavings never crossed my mind.."
Wait a second this sounds familiar.... I have a strong feeling they are going to visit Woodbury, Ricks group i mean.

Lol state of this, keep tabs on Andrea... take a bullet. Well it's obviously that a strike force is incoming.

Martinez....who the fuck is this? He's been name dropped like 3 times and i can't even visualise what he looks like.

Glenn. "Boiler room is overrun"
Beth. "But that section had been cleared"
Me: Oh yes that's right the zombies can in fact move and they do in fact occupy space in the third dimension.

Hershel, man of reason again.

Hershel: "you sure she's up for that" - aka "oh no you don't son."

Glenn so buttmad.

Okay what the fuck is this Maggie-Glenn huffing shit. It's like watching a fucking soap at the moment.

So emotional buhuhuhu.

Okay what the fuck is the whole point of this? Okay, yes you were emotionally scarred but now you aren't talking to Glenn?...i can't see the connection here, or maybe i've forgotten something.

...and if Glenn dies, Maggie is gonna be even more emotionally scarred....

Framed by the police for robbery (sort of). Well if that isn't the most interesting thing i've heard in the past episode and a half.

Lol the gun loading sounds.

Awh shit Daryl gonna be mad that his ugly boo is getting hit on.

LOL PISS IN MY EAR AND TELL ME IT'S RAIN.

Who da fuck are these people. See if this is Tyreeses group....

LOL DOOR SLAM ON ITS HEAD.

LOL "speak English"

Lol the fuck? The woman was fully squeezing her fingers into that kids head.

Merle vs Daryl, Round 2.

"Planning on robbing that camp blind."
Woah woah woah...what the fuck is this?

You're like two seasons too late to bring this plot thread into play. Who gives a fuck now? It's not like Rick is gonna be like "HOW DARE YOU, GET OUT".

Merle mad cause he IS a simple minded piece of shit.

Them scars....i can't remember the relevance.

LOL KILLED CHINESE KID. My sides are orbiting Jupiter.

Well I can see Daryl's reasons but considering he fought so hard to see his bro, it's kinda weird that he would so easily just dump him.

Lol Hershel.

...and cue Glenn's pointless rage.

"Rick wandering crazy town."

"What are you proving?" Good question Hershel. I'd like to know the answer to that.

Love how no one gives a fuck about where Rick is.

Probably having sex with an orange, thinking it's Lori.

Size of that fucking kid.

AND HERE COMES THE MUSIC.

OH SHE'S LEARNING TO FEED A CHILD, TIME FOR HOPE MUSIC.

this would be acceptable if it wasn't her fucking kid sister teaching her.

Oh there's Rick. Looking awfully sweaty. Orange sex confirmed.

Who the fuck is saying Rick?

Lol Hershel.

LOL "are you coming back soon?"

LOL "i've got...s-stuff out here". Awwwh no pt2.

Who was phone?

Hershel is the new best character.

Oh...my...god.

10/10 mad, Axel is dead. Is the first actually surprising thing to happen in the past fucking forever.

LOL GUVNA VISION.

I presume that guy with the machine gun must be this Martinez.

Axel bullet shield.

If Hershel dies, gonna be even more mad.

Rick bends time and dodges bullet.

How is none of those bullets penetrating Axel's corpse?

LOL hail of bullets, Guvna just stands there while they hit the ground around him.

Guvna brought like 4 people, not to compare but in the comic he had a full fucking army and half the cast died.

Glenn is so fucking dead.

Wait, who da fuck is this? Either Glenn or Daryl or breaking gate open for Guvna.

OH WAIT, IT'S THE WALKER MOBILE.

How the fuck has Rick not been shot? Especially when he is running from the walkers.

How is the walker pushing Rick. I really couldn't imagine zombies being that strong.

Yay Merle and Daryl.

Lol at them looking like it's the end of the world. They cleared more walkers out than this when they broke into the prison.

So yeah overall, a shit start but ending on a good note.

Episode 11: I ain't a Judas
Okay basically I lost half the episode worth of writing but overall good episode.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Feb 26 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I forget to mention how it was nice for Michonne to at least speak up in the last ep, telling off Andrea.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Feb 26 2013 01:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:

Yes she is.

Even though she went back to the prison she is STILL defending the guvna (trying to bring the two groups together).

Shittest character I have ever seen in fiction. Without a doubt.

Like seriously, this exchange:

Andrea: I didn't choose them over you, I wanted a life. Once we entered Woodbury, you became hostile.
Michonne: That's cause I could see it.
Andrea: See what? (Are you for fucking real? See what? That is your fucking response?)
Michonne: That you were under his spell from the second you laid eyes on them.
Andrea: That is not true
Michonne: ...and you still are.
Andrea: No...etc. etc.

Like seriously. After all the shit of the guvna. She STILL defends him.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 26 2013 06:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
I forget to mention how it was nice for Michonne to at least speak up in the last ep, telling off Andrea.

Yeah, I was watching it, and had just tweeted about how I was shipping either Michonne and Merle, Michonne and a personality, or Michonne and a bullet, and then she fucking did something useful and likeable right after.

I still think Merle is more likeable right now than either Andrea or Michonne though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 26 2013 08:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I still think Merle is more likeable right now than either Andrea or Michonne though.

Absolutely.

Cameron
PostPosted: Feb 26 2013 08:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Absolutely.

Same. He was at least showing signs of being a not-douchebag in the last episode.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 03 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Poor Morgan. Sad

Michonne has almost completely redeemed herself this episode. Cracking jokes, helping out, fucking talking? Yeah, she's good people now.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 04 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Josh and I already discussed this on Twitter a little, but I still think they should have helped the hitchhiker. When he was just standing there, yeah, it could have been a trap. But when he ran after them, obviously there was no one waiting in the woods to ambush them when they stopped.

Of course, they were also on a gun run, and I guess you don't want a guy you just met suddenly picking up a gun and murdering you.

I wonder if they would have picked him up on the way back if he was still alive. They would have had more control over him, that way.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 04 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A really good episode. Best in a while, probably. I still think what Carl did was stupid, though. I can understand wanting to do anything for something as insignificant but emotionally important as that picture, but there were simply too many walkers in that restaurant to risk it. At least it added well to his characterization that while he has become a capable member of the team, he is still a child.

And yes, props to Michonne for actually talking for a change, being an actual character.

Syd Lexia wrote:
Josh and I already discussed this on Twitter a little, but I still think they should have helped the hitchhiker...
I wonder if they would have picked him up on the way back if he was still alive. They would have had more control over him, that way.

At this point of the apocalypse, it's just too much of a risk, considering how many people are just threats. It's sad and depressing, but it is what it is.

I was wondering if they'd try to help him on the way back too, but at least they got his supplies, heh.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 04 2013 12:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really do gotta say how fantastic the actor that played Morgan was in this episode. His dialogue and delivery were absolutely soul crushing. This was the first episode with the new show-runner at the helm, so I think we're in good hands.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 04 2013 01:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like after what happened with Morgan, they would have picked up the hitcher on the way back if he was still alive.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 04 2013 02:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck hitchhikers, Syd Lexia! You've seen Creepshow 2! "Thanks for the ride, lady!".

Reply to topic

Jump to: