SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Walking Dead Season 3

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 13 2012 09:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know, I know. It's a tease starting the thread this early when we still have to wait till October. BUT, the trailer for Season 3 just dropped at Comic Con a few hours ago so here we go:

Holy shit I'm stoked.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 15 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

They didn't really show a lot of Herschel or his younger daughter other than that one scene. I'm thinking that doesn't bode well for them.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Alowishus
PostPosted: Jul 15 2012 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If there is a God they will grant me my wish that Lori, Carl and Carol will get torn into pieces. Some of the worst characters of all time.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jul 16 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely hoping Lori dies, and I wouldn't mind Carl or Carol dying either, Alo. Darryl & Glenn must stay alive.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 16 2012 01:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think we could potentially see Lori or Carl die, but not both, because then Rick will become too dark and unlikeable.

Fans have responded far more negatively to Lori, so she's more likely.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Alowishus
PostPosted: Jul 17 2012 09:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

[SPOILER:36d7f46ac4]Hmmm the problem with Lori too is that she is pregnant so it may be less likely that she would get killed and Carl had his moment in Season 2 getting shot and all.

Her problem is she just fucking cries 24/7. Same with Carol. Rick is pretty annoying as well considering he's like "OH I AM LEADER" and every decision he made was the wrong one. At least Shane made the right decisions, albeit being totally psychotic. I honestly was rooting that he would kill Rick. Of course that was never going to happen since the focus is on him and i'm sure if Rick died and Shane lived Lori would just go back to fucking Shane again because she is such a trainwreck of a character.[/SPOILER:36d7f46ac4]
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jul 17 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I think we could potentially see Lori or Carl die, but not both, because then Rick will become too dark and unlikeable.

True. Crossing my fingers for Lori.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 17 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lori being pregnant doesn't preclude her from dying. If anything, it makes her a great character to kill off. I mean, who the hell wants to deal with a baby during a zombie apocalypse? That's way too much fucking work.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Jul 18 2012 09:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Lori being pregnant doesn't preclude her from dying. If anything, it makes her a great character to kill off. I mean, who the hell wants to deal with a baby during a zombie apocalypse? That's way too much fucking work.

Like if they did it i would give the show a godlike amount of praise and believe you me i want her dead.

Well it would have to make sense from a writers perspective. On one side if she was killed then no more Lori (yay) and whiney baby and then you will see Rick being angsty as fuck.

However if Lori lives then it's struggling with living with a child in the zombie apocalypse. Which is better story telling? Like personally if i was Lori i would just kill it because it ruins your risk of survival but then you realise that Lori is a dumbfuck hence why she didn't do it, not to mention she doesn't even know whose child it is.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jul 18 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I mean, who the hell wants to deal with a baby during a zombie apocalypse?

Bingo. I'm not interested in that story. It's bad enough we have an annoying kid in Carl.

It reminds me of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Dee had her surrogate birth. The crew ended up relieved when she gave it away, saying how it would ruin their "dynamic."
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 07:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just a reminder to everyone that the season premire debuts October 14th! Which isn't this coming Sunday, but the next Sunday.
AWW YEAH

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know, I can't wait to discuss it with you heathens!

Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 05 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome shot of Maggie there.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Oct 13 2012 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maggie is hot.

That is all.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Oct 13 2012 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah this starts tomorrow doesn't it? Been looking forward to it. Already struggling to keep up with the four other shows I watch, might as well have another to watch when I catch up every couple weeks.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 14 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty awesome episode. Definitely happy to see Carl holding his own and doing something now instead of being a burden.

It was kind of weird to see them camping in that field and the walkers in the distance not even paying attention to them or trying to get in the fence, but I have no REAL complaints.

That ending was a punch in the chest, though. I really do hope Herschel isn't infected and that the amputation helped.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Oct 14 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Carl has come a long way. I guess once you've killed your dad's best friend(well, zombie best friend) there isn't too much line left to cross.

I love Maggie Smile She's the new badass girl. Andrea who?

I hope Hershel isn't infected either, definitely one of my favorite characters.

Rick continues to be the dictatorial asshole. I guess someone has to be that person. He's taken them this far.

This new girl is what's happening with the outbreak in Japan somewhere.

How many lines did T-Dog have?

I got to say, having watched everything now I'm really shocked to see who has actually survived this long. Carol? Surprised she got out of season 1. Carl? See Sophia. Lori? Without Rick she'd be dead. Maggie I didn't think would make it off the farm when she first appeared in the show. Hershel is a bit of a shock too but "I can shoot. I just don't like to." Smile

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

chazzlabs
PostPosted: Oct 15 2012 09:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
That ending was a punch in the chest, though. I really do hope Herschel isn't infected and that the amputation helped.

Well, Herschel is infected because everyone is infected. It doesn't matter whether or not you've been bitten; if you die, you turn. So the only thing keeping Herschel from turning now is whether or not they can keep him alive after chopping off his leg.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Oct 15 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Now that is what I've been waiting for since this show started. Absolutely what I want this show to be.

I hope Herschel doesn't die yet either. Want him around at least a while longer.

Liking Michonne, and this is my first exposure to her because of my unfamiliarity with the comics. Seems she's justifiably popular.

Ghandi wrote:

Some things never change, I guess.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Oct 15 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

chazzlabs wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

Well, Herschel is infected because everyone is infected. It doesn't matter whether or not you've been bitten; if you die, you turn. So the only thing keeping Herschel from turning now is whether or not they can keep him alive after chopping off his leg.

Which then makes no sense as to why Rick cut off his leg.

If the disease was carried by the bite then cutting his leg off would still have made absolutely no difference anyway. It's different if say your leg is decomposing then it makes perfect sense. The disease logically would be carried in the bloodstream, and if he was bitten he would be immediately infected - if you are bitten by a dog that has rabies, you have immediately have rabies, cutting off the part which was bitten has absolutely no purpose.

However that is not the case, it was established that everyone is already infected. If everyone is infected and they die they become a walker ergo they should attempt to stop that from happening. The wound wasn't bleeding at all when it zoomed to it...it was a bite in the leg so Ricks logic was then to cut off his leg and sever an artery. That makes absolutely no sense in that case.

BUT WAIT A SECOND. To the best of my knowledge thinking back to Season 1 - Jim was bitten and subsequently died - he got sick after getting bitten. Now if all that happened to him was he was bitten this is basically going to happen to Hershel. In Season 1 Jim started to get sick because he was bitten. It was a bite the same basically as Hershels. Why would a bite cause him to die? If bites don't matter and you carry the disease anyway then why did he die from a bite? Jims bite was basically the same as Hershels. However Rick cut off his leg meaning that bites do matter.

Quote:
During a walker attack on the group, Jim was bitten, but said nothing until Jacqui found out. Jim suffered the effects of the plague for days. Refusing a mercy killing or staying with the group (as he knew he didn't have a chance), Jim was willingly abandoned on the road to the CDC in order to, upon death, join his family, either in heaven or literally as a walker. It is clear that he has become a walker.

In a nutshell before this gets to confusing:

Why would he cut his leg off where the bite was if he already has the disease? There are two conflicting ideas in the series - 1. That you can die after receiving a bite - case of Jim. 2. That everyone is already infected and if they die they are a walker.

In anyway case: If 2. is true then Ricks actions are totally unjustified in cutting his leg off.

However it has been seen through Jim that someone has died solely from a bite - now it can be argued that the bite was severe that killed him - but it wasn't, he died slowly over time from gradually getting sick - he didn't die immediately from blood loss.

My point with this rambling is that Ricks actions are unjustified and that due to his actions and Jims death it is unclear whether the bite does cause you to turn or that everyone's already infected and that death causes you to turn.

I probably overthought this way too much but i do think it is a potential plot hole - though someone else may be able to shed more light on this.

Anyway now that wall of text is out of the way lol. My thoughts.

I know you shouldn't compare it to the comic as it's meant to stand on its own but i feel i have to. The whole prison break in was done way better in the comics. In the show they just gun everyone down and it was a bit of a yawnfest. In the comic they have to literally beat basically all of the walkers (which there are way more of) to death with pipes and shit. Which i guess they did later.

The armoured walkers was a nice touch. It was good to see Lori getting shat on from a great height because i hate her.

Apart from that i don't think it was a very eventful episode. It was unexplained how they got petrol as i thought they abandoned their vehicles at the end of Series 2 but meh they could have got some somewhere as i guess a bit of time has passed.

Potential show spoilers here - comic discussion.
[SPOILER:ee2d25d6d5] It will be interesting to see what they do with the inmates in light of the comics. I really do hope that they the "fraud" guy is still present and he goes on a kill frenzy. Also i hope the badass black guy takes them all as prisoners too - but they already found the armoury so i am doubtful. [/SPOILER:ee2d25d6d5]

EDIT: Also don't get me wrong. I don't want Hershel to die but it seems inevitable. He's one of my favorites on the show after Dale died.

EDIT2: This may have been resolved. Again this could be potential spoilerish

[SPOILER:ee2d25d6d5]
1. Allen was bitten -- but Rick cut his foot off hoping it would stop the bite from killing Allen
2. HE WHAT?
3. He did what he thought was best -- we've seen those bites kill and wed know the bite's not what makes you come back, It makes sense when you think about it.

In conclusion. Bites are deadly. The bites do not make you become a walker, you are already infected. The show did not explain this well - though maybe it could be in the next episode![/SPOILER:ee2d25d6d5]
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 15 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure that if people died from getting scratched and bitten, the fever is blood-borne.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 15 2012 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ghandi wrote:
This new girl is what's happening with the outbreak in Japan somewhere.

Are you talking about Michonne?
Cattivo wrote:
Ghandi wrote:

Some things never change, I guess.

It's pretty frustrating how he barely ever gets lines, but they did give him a riot shield, so I guess I can't complain too much.

I like how Carol isn't a meek little housewife anymore. I thought the exchange between her and Daryl where they joke about banging it was pretty funny.

HERSHEL NOOOOOOOO Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Crying It was sad enough when Dale died, I hope Hershel just lives with a peg leg. At least his leg was cut off below the knee. Surprised

Also, Alow, I do agree that the whole amputation thing doesn't make sense when you think about it being carried through the bloodstream, but I thought another reason why they cut it off was because of the immediately nasty infection the wound would've caused. When it showed a close-up to his leg wound it was all black and gross, and given that the group has been traveling around for months without stopping, I think it's safe to assume that they didn't have antibiotics or much medicine.

I adored how action-packed this episode was. It's cool to see literally everyone in the group (excluding preggers Lori) fighting zombies.

Criss
PostPosted: Oct 15 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In the comics

[SPOILER:5e731f06e6]

Everyone is infected, death causes zombification, and bites cause fever/cause you to basically ge sick, essentially putting the infection in overdrive.

And the comic, Dale (who lived far longer) was bitten in the prison, had his leg amputated, and survived about 30 more issues. They are essentially re-doing it with Hershel instead.
[/SPOILER:5e731f06e6]

Ignore Romero rules, and other zombie rules you know of. They do not apply as it's a seperate rule set. Kirkman rules, if you will.
Alowishus
PostPosted: Oct 16 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Also, Alow, I do agree that the whole amputation thing doesn't make sense when you think about it being carried through the bloodstream, but I thought another reason why they cut it off was because of the immediately nasty infection the wound would've caused. When it showed a close-up to his leg wound it was all black and gross, and given that the group has been traveling around for months without stopping, I think it's safe to assume that they didn't have antibiotics or much medicine.

Yeah i totally get that. I feel that is the lesser of two evils though. Cutting off someone's leg means they are susceptible to infection and likely to bleed to death while the bite just allows for infection. That's my line of thinking on it.

Like i can't criticise Rick's actions because it was a spare of the moment thing. It's more that it won't help matters.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 16 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hershel reminds me of that time I got diabetes. Sad
Reply to topic

Jump to: