"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Blunderbuss

Reply to topic
anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: May 01 2012 02:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone else checked out Jack White's newest album Blunderbuss? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm really enjoying it, the single, "Love Interruption" is very catchy and I like it more than I thought I would based on the short clips I'd seen on t.v. I also really enjoyed "Sixteen Saltines" which is the most "rock" oriented song on the album. I also really liked "Hip(Eponymous) Poor Boy" and "Take me with you when you go". While those are my favorites from the album, I don't think there is one single song that I didn't enjoy. For me it's an album I can certainly see myself listening to all the way through for years to come, as opposed to just taking a couple songs and forgetting the rest, as the case usually is for me when it comes to albums.
Alowishus
PostPosted: May 05 2012 05:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I read a good review but i don't really listen to him. White Stripes or whatever. I have a Raconteurs album it's pretty good but apart from that i don't really listen to him.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: May 05 2012 05:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I own every major Album Jack White ever recorded, so i naturally got the Blunderbuss album. It's pretty decent. I would say, the Dead Weather stuff aside, the weakest album so far. Wich means it's still pretty good. Favorite Songs? My top 5 are:

5. Love Interruption
4. I'm Shakin (i like the John Lee Hooker feel it has)
3. Freedom at 21 (it's kinda strange sounding, almost like a hip hop recording)
2. Blunderbuss
1. Sixty Saltines (the most White Stripes-esqe Song and the most rocking one)

I was suprised that it has only 3 Songs who are actually rock songs. Didn't expect that. To me, Jack White is always with rocking Tunes at his best so i'm not totally satisifed with this album. But oh well, at least a new Jack White Album. What can i ask more.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: