SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Axl Rose tells the R&RHOF to go fuck itself [politely]

Reply to topic
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 11 2012 05:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.facebook.com/notes/guns-n-roses/axls-letter-to-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-guns-n-roses-fans-and-whom-it-may-/10150928055678222

As much as I think this twat's 15 minutes of fame should have expired on July 22, 1987, the fact that he did this is awesome. And probably more rock & roll then showing up to that shithole.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 11 2012 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think we all saw this coming. Axl doesn't like Slash and absolutely won't perform with Slash, and Slash has been confirmed since Day One. So who is the Hall of Fame going to want, if they have to pick one or the other? The guy who will play nice with whatever shitty band the Hall of Fame decided should induct Guns N' Roses, which, in this case, is Green Day.

And that guy is Slash. Slash is a complete and fucking shameless whore. He'll play with anyone from Insane Clown Posse to fucking Fergie if he gets a paycheck. Hell, he'd probably suck your cock if you wrote him a big enough check.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 11 2012 06:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I mean really, the whole thing is Axl killing the lulz the RNRHOF was trying to get with the Appetite reunion rather than standing up for Deep Purple, KISS, etc. but still.

Also, he'd probably your cock?

Also also, when did he play with ICP?

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 11 2012 07:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Slash did a solo on one of their shitty albums, I think.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 11 2012 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Slash played on Halls of Illusion on Great Milenko.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 12 2012 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Apr 13 2012 02:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am confused... Syd, are you upset with Slash because he wants to play music?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 13 2012 02:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm upset with Slash cuz he'll play anything at any time with anyone, so long as he gets paid. He's not an artist; he's a glorified session musician.
Milhouse
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd's right. Slash should be more selective about who who chooses to play with. Making money while you can is so lame...especially when you're a 46 year old "rocker." A 46 year old guy, still calling himself Slash and wearing a gimmicky top hat, HAS to be all about the integrity of his art and instrument.

Or, you can believe that Slash is a run of the mill guitar player and would be as popular in 2012 as the lead guitar player in Ratt (whoever that may be) if he didn't shuck and jive in his top hat and keep his name relevant. Rock stars are like pro football players: make the money while you can and whenever you can because it's usually a short career.
Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 01:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Milhouse wrote:

Or, you can believe that Slash is a run of the mill guitar player and would be as popular in 2012 as the lead guitar player in Ratt (whoever that may be) if he didn't shuck and jive in his top hat and keep his name relevant. Rock stars are like pro football players: make the money while you can and whenever you can because it's usually a short career.

Tell that to Paul Simon. Or Bruce Springsteen. Or Eric Clapton. Or BB King. There are some others too.

There are plenty of rock artists who've been out there for a long time, who are getting old and who still keep their names relevant by making art instead of whoring themselves out to anyone who writes a check. I'm not necessarily categorizing Slash one way or the other, but that argument you just made is stupid.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 01:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fighter_McWarrior wrote:
Milhouse wrote:

Tell that to Paul Simon. Or Bruce Springsteen. Or Eric Clapton. Or BB King. There are some others too.

There are plenty of rock artists who've been out there for a long time, who are getting old and who still keep their names relevant by making art instead of whoring themselves out to anyone who writes a check. I'm not necessarily categorizing Slash one way or the other, but that argument you just made is stupid.

Comparing Slash to Clapton, Springsteen or King is stupid. Yes, Slash is well-known in rock and roll, but Clapton and King are innovators in their fields.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 02:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Axl Rose has always seemed like a bit of a dickweed to me.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Milhouse
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 03:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fighter_McWarrior wrote:

Stupid? My argument was that these older musicians should make the money while they can. Incidentally, all of those dudes you mentioned as artists are as "whorey" as Syd thinks Slash is; they've all played with other shitty performers or even one-hit wonders: Paul Simon played with John Mayer, Springsteen played with the Wallflowers, Eric Clapton played with Babyface, B.B. King played with Tracy Chapman.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 03:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Eric Clapton did a T-Mobile commercial. Eric Clapton can go fuck himself.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I dropped the screw in the tuna.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 05:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Clapton can fuck himself for every single thing he did in the 90s: Tears In Heaven, Change The World, My Father's Eyes, and that super shitty, super boring unplugged version of Layla.

His 1998 Pilgrim tour was also heavily sponsored by Lexus. Charles Laquidara, perhaps the greatest DJ ever to grace Boston's airwaves, did an awesome parody song in response to this: I Shot The Sheriff (But I Did Not Drive No Mercury)
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 06:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Eric Clapton is a white guy who read some article about blues 300 years and thinks because of that he knows how to blues.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 17 2012 06:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also like to point out that Slash can sit in bed all day and still make more money than most of us off royalty checks alone.
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 18 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Milhouse wrote:
Paul Simon played with John Mayer

That is almost singlehandedly worse than anybody Slash has played with.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 21 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a fan of John Mayer's music, but he seems like he's a fairly cool guy. I'd say the same thing about Josh Groban as well.
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Apr 21 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever it was that made them so pissed at each other 20+ years ago, it always amazes me that Axel and Slash can't make nice and go on tour as GNR just to make an ungodly amount of money. I don't care how much I hate a guy, I'd go on tour with my mother's rapist if I could make the kind of cash that tour would generate.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Apr 21 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Eric Clapton did a T-Mobile commercial. Eric Clapton can go fuck himself.

Common made a GAP commercial. that pissed me the fuck off.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 21 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ice2SeeYou wrote:
Whatever it was that made them so pissed at each other 20+ years ago, it always amazes me that Axel and Slash can't make nice and go on tour as GNR just to make an ungodly amount of money. I don't care how much I hate a guy, I'd go on tour with my mother's rapist if I could make the kind of cash that tour would generate.

It's the same reason Sebastian Bach hasn't reunited with Skid Row, why it took so long for DLR to rejoin Van Halen, and why the Beatles broke up. Sometimes: you just get sick of people.
Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: Apr 22 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone who is talking shit about Clapton can fuck off. He is actually one cool motherfucker, regardless of his music. And his music kicks ass anyways, so... you know, go die.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 22 2012 01:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Clapton was very cool....30 years ago. He got so soft and milquetoast in the past two decades to the point of vomit. Yeah, he's probably a cool guy, but he's a shadow of his former self, regardless of his role as an innovator of white guy blues guitar.

Reply to topic

Jump to: