[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
"Figure It Out" is coming back.

Reply to topic
Ky-Guy
Title: Obscure Nintendo Gamer
PostPosted: Mar 19 2012 08:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Huffington Post wrote:
Fans of 1990s Nickelodeon you better have a seat: "Figure It Out" is coming back. The network announced it has ordered 40 new episodes of the popular game show, which featured a panel of celebrities attempting to guess the young contestant's special talent.

"'Figure It Out' is a show that celebrates kids and their wonderful and often bizarre talents," Marjorie Cohn, president of development and original programming at Nickelodeon, said in a statement. "In this internet age where kids are expressing themselves online, it feels timely to give them a TV platform to showcase those talents in a uniquely Nickelodeon way."

The original version was hosted by Olympic swimmer Summer Sanders and ran from 1997 to 1999. It produced more than 150 episodes. New episodes will begin production in L.A. in April. "101 Ways To Leave a Game Show" host Jeff Sutphen will serve as host on the new "Figure It Out."

Four celebrity panelists would have to guess the contestant's skill asking "yes" or "no" questions over three rounds, winning a prize after each round the panel fails to guess correctly. If the panel failed to guess the talent, the contestant took home the grand prize.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/07/figure-it-out-nickelodeon-new-episodes_n_1327290.html

So, what's your opinion on this? I like the idea of bringing this show back to a new generation of viewers, but I still wonder, what will it look like?

Syd Lexia wrote:
iPhone games are what you play when you can't get at actual games. You know, like how sometimes alcoholics drink mouthwash.

Lexiabot9000 wrote:
Your love life will be happy and harmonious if you stick to masturbating.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Mar 19 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Good. Bringing back some actual fun to nickelodeon. That just leaves one question unanswered: what about Double Dare?
Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Mar 19 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Man, fuck that action. I want Legends of the Hidden Temple back.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

Ky-Guy
PostPosted: Mar 19 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
Good. Bringing back some actual fun to nickelodeon. That just leaves one question unanswered: what about Double Dare?

They actually remade that for a short period in time back in 2000. It was called "Double Dare 2000."

Fighter_McWarrior wrote:

Actually, I'll have to second that. Very Happy

Syd Lexia wrote:
iPhone games are what you play when you can't get at actual games. You know, like how sometimes alcoholics drink mouthwash.

Lexiabot9000 wrote:

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Mar 19 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hope they bring Danny Tamberelli back. Just seeing a 30 year old version of him still there 15 years later is both sad and funny to think about.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Ky-Guy
PostPosted: Mar 19 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
I hope they bring Danny Tamberelli back. Just seeing a 30 year old version of him still there 15 years later is both sad and funny to think about.

Well, I would like to see him, too. Him, and Lori Beth Denberg.

Syd Lexia wrote:

Lexiabot9000 wrote:

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 19 2012 04:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ky-Guy wrote:
sidewaydriver wrote:

Apparently the entire cast of All That (I'm assuming only the good era before it got whitewashed) reunited at last years' Comikaze Expo.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Ky-Guy
PostPosted: Mar 19 2012 04:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Ky-Guy wrote:
sidewaydriver wrote:

Apparently the entire cast of All That (I'm assuming only the good era before it got whitewashed) reunited at last years' Comikaze Expo.

Aw, shoot! I would've loved to see that. I loved that show in its early days.

Syd Lexia wrote:

Lexiabot9000 wrote:

Fortune Smiles
Title: Strangely Missing
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 03:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this is the coolest thing I've heard about since I learned it was safe to eat applesauce again! But they're not going to bring back Summer Sanders? Man, I had such a huge crush on her back in the day. Her and Amy Jo Johnson; she could pink my ranger any day...
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hate these kind of "To Tell The Truth" type shows, and it wasn't very interesting when it was on the first time. Of course, being the old man around here, I was already well past my Nick years by the time this came along, so what do I know?

Nick had a lot of dumb yet fun shows way back when, like Wild and Crazy Kids and What Would You Do. Wouldn't mind seeing those again.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 01:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Nick had a lot of dumb yet fun shows way back when, like Wild and Crazy Kids and What Would You Do. Wouldn't mind seeing those again.

This.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 02:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fighter_McWarrior wrote:

Yeah I loved Legends of the Hidden Temple.

I don't recall seeing this show on Nick but then again it seems kind of like something that would have bored the shit out of me as a kid. Does this mean they are going to stop showing daily Spongebob marathons now? I swear that seems to be all Nick shows whenever I'm flipping through the channels.
Arlock41
Title: Naunie
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 08:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They need bring to back GUTS.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 08:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just remembered a show that they should bring back. Eureeka's Castle. That show was fucking awesome.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Mar 20 2012 08:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had a pretty cool idea awhile back. They should bring back Clarissa Explains It all with Melissa Joan Hart and the same concept, except now she's middle aged with kids of her own. They could call it Clarissa Still Explains It All.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Reinhart_x
Title: Master of nothing
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 02:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Nick finally decides to bring back an old game show and they pick one of the worst ones. If you bring back a game show then you bring back Legends, complete with Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker as Olmec, AND "The Music Machine" as the composers again (The music they did was sick, it was like sweet-ass video game music). The fuck is wrong with these rat bastards? Figure It Out? How about /you/ figure it out, dipshits! No one likes this crappy show, and you didn't even bother to get Summer Sanders back? She was just on Celebrity Apprentice a year or two ago, it's not like she's any less relavent than she was before (she's also not bad to look at).

Don't act like you're going to get someone who's even the least bit funny on this damn show. No Lori Beth, no Danny, no Amanda Bynes, no Josh Server, Kenan, Kel, Michelle Trachtenberg, Marc Weiner...and I certainly don't expect cool guest panelists like Chris Jericho, Doug E. Doug (yeah, I said it) and Colin Mochrie. Here we go, folks, that guy from iCarly...wait, I can't think of any relavent Nick shows right now. The fact that there is a live action show called "Supah Ninjas" makes me gag.

Nick...what have you done?! You are destroying the beauty of your once great network and are filling it with the drivel the current generation of kids believe is funny, which is a poison to the rest of us. I know this new, ADD generation keeps asking for more *cue multiple zoom ins and outs* "RANDOM DANCING", but I will not stand for it. Meet our demands, Nick, or see our nation crumble in the wake of Carly's minions. These are our future leaders, and in about 40 years, our new national anthem may be a rendition of "Living La Vida Loca" by Big Time Rush. You just think about that.

/worldasweknowit
Fortune Smiles
Title: Strangely Missing
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 07:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Reinhart_x wrote:
Wow, Nick finally decides to bring back an old game show and they pick one of the worst ones. If you bring back a game show then you bring back Legends, complete with Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker as Olmec, AND "The Music Machine" as the composers again (The music they did was sick, it was like sweet-ass video game music). The fuck is wrong with these rat bastards? Figure It Out? How about /you/ figure it out, dipshits! No one likes this crappy show, and you didn't even bother to get Summer Sanders back? She was just on Celebrity Apprentice a year or two ago, it's not like she's any less relavent than she was before (she's also not bad to look at).

Don't act like you're going to get someone who's even the least bit funny on this damn show. No Lori Beth, no Danny, no Amanda Bynes, no Josh Server, Kenan, Kel, Michelle Trachtenberg, Marc Weiner...and I certainly don't expect cool guest panelists like Chris Jericho, Doug E. Doug (yeah, I said it) and Colin Mochrie. Here we go, folks, that guy from iCarly...wait, I can't think of any relavent Nick shows right now. The fact that there is a live action show called "Supah Ninjas" makes me gag.

Nick...what have you done?! You are destroying the beauty of your once great network and are filling it with the drivel the current generation of kids believe is funny, which is a poison to the rest of us. I know this new, ADD generation keeps asking for more *cue multiple zoom ins and outs* "RANDOM DANCING", but I will not stand for it. Meet our demands, Nick, or see our nation crumble in the wake of Carly's minions. These are our future leaders, and in about 40 years, our new national anthem may be a rendition of "Living La Vida Loca" by Big Time Rush. You just think about that.

/worldasweknowit

This man, right here ^ for president. Fuck Mitt Romney. Anyone who mentions little Pete and Iggy Pop's daughter in the same sentence has got to be one of the coolest fucking people on the entire fucking planet! Period. The only show which comes close to harnessing the comedic formulae of the 90's is "Scrubs".
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 01:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nick needs to bring back game shows in general, but they could've picked something more memorable from the past. I don't even remember Figure It Out.
Reinhart_x
Title: Master of nothing
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fortune Smiles wrote:
This man, right here ^ for president. Fuck Mitt Romney. Anyone who mentions little Pete and Iggy Pop's daughter in the same sentence has got to be one of the coolest fucking people on the entire fucking planet! Period. The only show which comes close to harnessing the comedic formulae of the 90's is "Scrubs".

Thank you, kind sir. Cool In all seriousness, I really just don't understand why they never brought back a lot of these game shows that were great. We all know the classic shows hold a great deal of meaning to us and were a big part of what had drawn us to Nick, but the game shows were also a big part of that as we've discussed before. What Would You Do?, Double Dare, Legends, Guts...the list goes on, the point is I watched that channel religiously waiting for these shows to come on and I know others did too.

This is 2012, those were the 90s...you'd think with all the new technology and other advancements over the last decade or so that we could have some cool additions to these shows if they were brought back, or at the very least they shouldn't decrease in quality. Video games were cool, then they were a nerdy thing, and nowadays they are definitely more mainstream (CoD, WoW, etc...bleh, but the fact remains). Legends was pretty much a real-life Indiana Jones-esque video game adventure. The props were sick, the music was like awesome video game music (especially the temple theme), they had cool stories from history, and you couldn't be a complete dumbass and win cause you had to make it past the steps of knowledge. Plus all the challenges looked hella fun, and the temple was the best part with having the pendants and being able to find one half if you made it there with the other half and the music and the overlay map like a video game and the damn temple guards and the SHRINE OF THE SILVER MONKEY.

Look, obviously Legends is one of my favorite shows ever, but the point I'm getting at is who wouldn't want to try that or watch it? Who wouldn't want to pie their mom's face? Who doesn't want a glowing piece of that radical rock and do a victory lap with their country's flag? This shit was super entertaining; I know I'd want my kid to bring that radical rock back home or escape from the temple with The Mask of Shaka Zulu. You'd think with all of these hyperactive kids today that they'd want a few of these shows around to calm their asses down. I suppose this new announcement does show signs of Nick going back to an older show, particularly a game show, so maybe there is a ray of hope yet on the horizon.
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 03:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Fighter_McWarrior wrote:

That might be the greatest game show ever. I wish Mark Summers still did shows like those.

UsaSatsui wrote:

The Arnold Schwarzenegger episode of Wild and Crazy Kids was the coolest thing ever.

@om*d wrote:
I just remembered a show that they should bring back. Eureeka's Castle. That show was fucking awesome.

This.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 04:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Reinhart_x wrote:
You'd think with all of these hyperactive kids today that they'd want a few of these shows around to calm their asses down.

I apparently do not live in the same world that you do; all the kids I see anymore are lazy little fuckers with their faces glued to cellphones and videogames. Otherwise, everything you have to say, I would second to the point of being your backup in a duel. Legends was fucking amazing. I wanted to be on that show so much it was sick. Part of me is certain I'd have reflexively punched the shit out of one of the guards, though.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

Ky-Guy
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

justdrop wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Arcade_(game_show)

That is all.

I hope that becomes the next show to get revived. Mr. Green

Syd Lexia wrote:

Lexiabot9000 wrote:

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

justdrop wrote:

That is all.

Rose-colored glasses aside, Nick Arcade was probably one of the worst shows they ever made. Particularly the implementation of the bonus game at the end. And the host.

If we're gonna remake awful shows about video games from the past, I'll take Video Power. It had a more exciting atmosphere, and was actually about video games, and not a standard quiz show with a couple of video game related elements.
justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
justdrop wrote:

That is all.

Rose-colored glasses aside, Nick Arcade was probably one of the worst shows they ever made. Particularly the implementation of the bonus game at the end. And the host.

If we're gonna remake awful shows about video games from the past, I'll take Video Power. It had a more exciting atmosphere, and was actually about video games, and not a standard quiz show with a couple of video game related elements.

It was horrible. It was also a time when video games were less of a staple in American society. Kids nowadays would tear that shit up.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

Reply to topic

Jump to: