[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Pat Sajak was drunk on Wheel of Fortune in the 80s

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 12:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20564926,00.html

So in a recent interview, Pat says he and Vanna used to get drunk between Wheel of Fortune tapings sometimes in the early days. And you know, whatever. As he pointed out, apparently the quality of the show didn't suffer, because they never fired him. But what I find interesting is the other implication of his admission. If he and his co-star were going out drinking together every day, it's more than likely they were probably sleeping together at some point too.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20564926,00.html

So in a recent interview, Pat says he and Vanna used to get drunk between Wheel of Fortune tapings sometimes in the early days. And you know, whatever. As he pointed out, apparently the quality of the show didn't suffer, because they never fired him. But what I find interesting is the other implication of his admission. If he and his co-star were going out drinking together every day, it's more than likely they were probably sleeping together at some point too.

or not. i drank with many a co worker & never slept with them. but then again, they werent as hot as vanna white....

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 01:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure he bought an "O" for her.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I knew he was drunk. I think all game show hosts are. Seriously.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 03:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Regis was. He was far too high strung. And Alex Trebek isn't either. He's just a smug asshole.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 04:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I don't think Regis was. He was far too high strung. And Alex Trebek isn't either. He's just a smug asshole.

Smug, really? Huh, I never got that from him. Oh well.

Either way, this is gonna make watching WoF with my grandmother SO much more fun. Very Happy

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if smug is quite the word. Condescending, maybe? He's always such a dick to contestants when they're wrong. Plus, he makes them share the most boring, idiotic personal stories they have.

"Dan, it says here you once saw a tree that looked like George Washington. Tell us about that, please."
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 04:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah he always seemed like a bit of a dick to me. Sajak being drunk doesn't come as much of a surprise, I'd probably want to be drunk to put up with doing that show day in and day out. Some of the people I remember seeing on the show missing completely obvious phrases or titles would drive me to drinking too.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 06:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good for him.

It's not like he's admitting to using coke.
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Smug, really? Huh, I never got that from him. Oh well.

Either way, this is gonna make watching WoF with my grandmother SO much more fun. Very Happy

This has given you the idea of getting drunk with her during Wheel of Fortune?
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 06:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Regis used to work with Kathy Lee every day. You have to get fucking plastered to survive that.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jan 27 2012 04:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I don't know if smug is quite the word. Condescending, maybe? He's always such a dick to contestants when they're wrong. Plus, he makes them share the most boring, idiotic personal stories they have.

"Dan, it says here you once saw a tree that looked like George Washington. Tell us about that, please."

Well in fairness, those are the stories THEY gave. I doubt he cared one way or the other--nor was it his job to care--what stories they told about themselves.

I never got condescending from him, but eh--YMMV.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 27 2012 07:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm pretty sure they explicitly solicit those stories. No one in the history of Jeopardy has ever told an interesting story, and I refuse to believe that these are genuinely the most interesting stories they had to tell.

Actually, Ken Jennings must have told an interesting story at least once, just by pure attrition.
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Jan 27 2012 04:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In Trebek's defense, most of the people who are on that show are probably boring people. I'm sure the producers ask them what story they want to tell and most have lame ones.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 27 2012 06:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting stories offend the old people.
DatsRight
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:

or not. i drank with many a co worker & never slept with them. but then again, they werent as hot as vanna white....

Vanna White may have been Hot, but she would have to be good and plastered (Jersey Shore plastered) to lower her standards enough to fuck Pat Sajak. Maybe a Handjob for shits and giggles just to see how goofy he could grin, but that's about it.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 02:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DatsRight wrote:
username wrote:

Vanna White may have been Hot, but she would have to be good and plastered (Jersey Shore plastered) to lower her standards enough to fuck Pat Sajak. Maybe a Handjob for shits and giggles just to see how goofy he could grin, but that's about it.

How do you even know if she has any standards at all? She could be a sloppy whore for all we know.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 04:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
DatsRight wrote:
username wrote:

How do you even know if she has any standards at all? She could be a sloppy whore for all we pray & hope for.

fixed

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Reply to topic

Jump to: