SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Walking Dead - Season 2

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 01:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Season Premiere is tonight, I'm pretty excited. Haven't had much else to watch lately other than Breaking Bad and a few others. Anyone else excited?

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 01:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very. I loved the first season. The thing I hated the most about it was how short it was, and it sucked we had to wait a year. But, I'm hoping with that wait comes some good stuff. I've read that comic creator loves what they've done so far with Season 2. Then again, he obviously wants it to succeed so he gets paid so who knows.

I purposely avoided any previews or news about this season because I knew I was going to watch and didn't want anything spoiled. Because of that, I also don't know how long this season is. How many episodes is this going to be?

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 02:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure, I'm assuming it's a full season and not just 6 episodes though.

Also, I haven't read the comics. I'm sure they are fantastic, but I'm having fun just watching the series. Maybe in a few years when the series ends, I'll go back and pick out the differences in the comics, but for now I'm good with just watching it.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 02:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I haven't read the comics either. When the series is done with, I'll check them out. For now, I like having no idea what's going to happen.

Then again, the only real criticism I've heard about this show is that it's way different than the comics already, which will be great because then when I read it I won't know what to expect then either. Win/win.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't catch any of the first, but I watched this tonight. I thought it was really well done and engaging. I didn't see anything new added to the genre, but I wasn't bored at any point.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Oct 16 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thought the episode was good. Left you on a cliff hanger.

Question with a Season 1 Spoiler.
[SPOILER:ffa55a63b6]Maybe I missed it, but we still don't know what's going on with Daryl's Brother since he went missing from the roof. That's gotta come back at some point I would think, right?[/SPOILER:ffa55a63b6]

Discussion about tonight's Episode.
[SPOILER:ffa55a63b6]I understand that girl was 12, but it's her own damn fault for running off after he told her dumbass to stay under that tree. It's not like she gave him any time to come back and find her. I don't really feel that bad for her.[/SPOILER:ffa55a63b6]
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Oct 17 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Discussion:

[SPOILER:63c10f373d] Completely agree. I was thinking that as well. Not only did he tell her to stay put and didn't listen. He also told her if she didn't stay put, EXACTLY how to get back to everyone else. So she basically ignored both instructions given to her. Also, you would think that since her dad was that completely abusive asshole, that she would be wired to listen to adult's commands and follow them to a tee. [/SPOILER:63c10f373d]
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 17 2011 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well we don't know the circumstances:

[SPOILER:8a24bb8713]Another walker could have wandered near her and she had no choice but to dip out. Or judging by the ending, there is another group of people out there hunting for food and they wandered up on her and got her to dip with them where it's obviously safer[/SPOILER:8a24bb8713]

Atma
PostPosted: Oct 17 2011 01:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Discussion:
[SPOILER:af4fa08889] Yeah I still can't believe that Rick's Son got smoked. I knew something bad was going to happen with how quiet peaceful everything was. I just assumed a Walker was going to grab him, not him get shot in the chest by a hunter. [/SPOILER:af4fa08889]
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 17 2011 02:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't been able to watch it yet, but enjoy this

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Atma
PostPosted: Oct 17 2011 04:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha the Walken Dead got some laughs out of me.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 17 2011 04:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"its from the rundown. get your shit together" lol

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

chazzlabs
PostPosted: Oct 20 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Atma, in response to your question about season 1:

[SPOILER:95b87876d0] There's a character in the comic book known as The Governor, who is the leader of a small community of survivors. I personally think Daryl's brother will come back as this character later on. [/SPOILER:95b87876d0]

I'm not sure if you've read the comic book, but the reason I believe this is because (very important comic spoiler)...

[SPOILER:95b87876d0] The Governor cuts off one of Rick's hands. [/SPOILER:95b87876d0]

To comment about how true to the comic the show has been so far, I saw season 2 cast pictures online last week, and they included some new characters that all appear in the comic. If you guys haven't read the comic, I'd highly recommend it. I've read all of the trade paperbacks, and the comic is fucking great.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 20 2011 03:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
Discussion:
[SPOILER:66a5fccd23] Yeah I still can't believe that Rick's Son got smoked. I knew something bad was going to happen with how quiet peaceful everything was. I just assumed a Walker was going to grab him, not him get shot in the chest by a hunter. [/SPOILER:66a5fccd23]

[SPOILER:66a5fccd23]I don't know if you watched the scenes from next week, but he's not dead. At least not yet.[/SPOILER:66a5fccd23]
Also, this spoiler shit is getting old. Can we just assume that if you're in the thread, you've seen the most recent episode? Can we assume that with all TV shows? Should I add that to the forum rules?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Atma
PostPosted: Oct 20 2011 04:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I guess so. I started that in this thread so my bad.

If you have something from the comic that could ruin the show though, please throw a spoiler tag on it.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 20 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Oct 21 2011 06:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Also, this spoiler shit is getting old. Can we just assume that if you're in the thread, you've seen the most recent episode? Can we assume that with all TV shows? Should I add that to the forum rules?

THANK YOU. That was seriously the only reason I hadn't thrown in my two cents yet. Speaking of which:

A lot of people seem to be down on this from the reviews I read, but I quite liked it. I think they can lay off the gore for gore's sake at this point though. We get it--you can get away with it. Now how about we only use it when the STORY demands it? Randomly eviscerating a zombie was gratuitous and a waste of time.

Best scene was easily the church. The zombie reveals were FANTASTIC (reminded me out of something our of Left 4 Dead), and I don't care how many people whine and scream that they hated it, I found Rick's little prayer as they were leaving quite moving, and a great character moment. (Although, they need to stop FORCING the solo monolouging. The church scene was great. The opening scene on the radio? Not so much.)

This was seriously not a good episode for people who like little ones, though. Sad First the girl gets lost and has god knows what happening to her, and now Rick's son is shot? One or the other would have been very effective. Both feels just a bit like cheap emotional manipulation. Maybe that's just me though.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 21 2011 06:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jeebus was annoyed that all those zombies just came out of nowhere, especially when they had a guy on lookout and it was dead quiet.
SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Oct 21 2011 01:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Jeebus was annoyed that all those zombies just came out of nowhere, especially when they had a guy on lookout and it was dead quiet.

This makes sense to me. The zombies weren't out hunting them specifically; they looked more like a migrating group of animals. Think locust swarm. I was more than okay with it; I thought it was a fantastic bit of development for the zombies, especially since they aren't all that dangerous by themselves. But if there are herds/swarms of them getting together out there? THAT could be a disaster for our heroes.

militarysignatures.com

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Oct 21 2011 04:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What bothered me about the herd suddenly appearing is that they came from the same direct the survivors just came from! Which means:

A> The Survivors should have passed them in their cars and saw them.

B> They should have been seen coming a mile away, because they were coming down the open road behind them, and not the traffic jam ahead.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 21 2011 05:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we were meant to believe the survivors had been hanging around a while rifling through all the stuff in the abandoned cars. Also, the zombies could have emerged from the tree line.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 24 2011 08:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 26 2011 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

From themarysue.com

Two episodes into the second season of the hit AMC thriller The Walking Dead, the cable network has officially announced that the zombies will be walking for at least one more year.

AMC’s President made the announcement this afternoon. “Today we are pleased to announce that the ‘dead’ shall live as we proudly renew The Walking Dead for a third season on AMC and, globally, with our terrific partners at Fox International Channels,” said Charlie Collier. “We are thankful for everyone’s contribution in front of and behind the camera as we continue to make The Walking Dead a unique television experience. And, we are so proud as it continues to set viewership records around the world.”

The 90-minute return of the series didn’t hurt. According to The Hollywood Reporter it broke records with 4.8 million viewers 18-49 years old as well as 4.2 million adults 25-54. Overall it drew more 10 million viewers in 122 countries for the premiere. The quick move to renew for another season is not that strange, the same thing happened after the first two episodes of the first season of The Walking Dead.

Adapted from Robert Kirkman‘s long-running Image comic book series, it seems the show is still full-steam ahead since former showrunner Frank Darabont left. Glen Mazzara took over for him with Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert and Darabont serving as executive producers. Their Emmy-winning special effects artist Greg Nicotero was recently named co-executive producer on the show as well.

Don’t forget, the 13-episode second season is being split in two. After six episodes have aired it will return February 12.

Atma
PostPosted: Oct 26 2011 06:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Don’t forget, the 13-episode second season is being split in two. After six episodes have aired it will return February 12.

That part I didn't know.

Glad that it's more than the 6 from last season but man I hate breaks in Seasons.

It'll leave you on some damn cliff hanger and I'll be pissed until Feb. 12th.
SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Oct 26 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
lordsathien wrote:

That part I didn't know.

Glad that it's more than the 6 from last season but man I hate breaks in Seasons.

It'll leave you on some damn cliff hanger and I'll be pissed until Feb. 12th.

SO MUCH this. Bad enough Doctor Who does it, but at least they have the excuse of being British. What is the advantage to this, other than annoying the crap out of people?

militarysignatures.com

Reply to topic

Jump to: