SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Amazing Spiderman

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 02:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thought this deserved it's own thread. I'm very cautiously optimistic about this. I wasn't a huge fan of Sam Raimi's movies. They weren't terrible by any means, but I never felt the need to rewatch them or see them in theaters. This one has me actually excited for some reason. What do you guys think?

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 02:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I do enjoy me some Spiderman.

Hope it turns out good.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 03:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently at "Wait for DVD" with this thing.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It has a Coming Off Age Movie feel to it. The first person scene must kick ass if the film is in 3D. Well, it looks good so far, i think i'll check it out if it comes to cinema. I like the actor that playes Peter Parker more then Tobey Maguire.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 07:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i like the mirrors edge feel to the first person views

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 08:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Spiderman is my all time favorite and I'm a little annoyed at how the handled certain aspects of the last films so I'l l definitely check this out.

AndrewQuick
Title: The Tick Tock Man
PostPosted: Jul 24 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the other Spiderman movies pissed me off as well the only redeeming quality was Toby Maguire was a good high school Peter Parker even if he fell short on Spidey's or even grown Peter Parker's personality.

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jul 24 2011 01:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In the first batch of movies, I didn't like how virtually every action scene was in CGI. I realize that pretty much everything Spiderman does would be difficult to create without CGI, but still......I liked how in the Dark Knight, you still felt like you were watching a human being for most of the action scenes. I'd like to see superhero movies take a step back in that direction.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jul 24 2011 07:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ice2SeeYou wrote:
I liked how in the Dark Knight, you still felt like you were watching a human being for most of the action scenes. I'd like to see superhero movies take a step back in that direction.

I'd like to see all non-animated films take a huge LEAP back in that direction. The computer effects will never look as convincing as something that actually exists in the real world and interacts with the light and suroundings.

And from the trailer, I'd give this movie about 20% chance of being really bad, 60% of being bland and forgettable, 15% same as Raimi's, 5% better than.

But I have been thrown off before by really bad trailers for really good movies, so who knows...
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 25 2011 09:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

My only concern is that an origin story told again so shortly after the previous one was told might not leave enough time to be able to clear the old out of the brain and accept the new.

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Jul 25 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the actor they picked to play Parker. He's talented. That's at least a step in the right direction.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jul 25 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The first person perspective in the trailer is fucking annoying. I'm not playing a video game, I'm watching a movie. It's my understanding that there was supposed to be alot of that in the movie as well, but I hope I'm wrong.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Water Hamster
PostPosted: Feb 27 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This movie looks good.
Lasher
Title: an horse
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 01:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Raimi films were Sony Spider-man. Now the rights are reverted to Marvel (I know: Disney) which means, IMO, it will be closer to the comics - and the cross franchise tie-ins can happen. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a cameo in Avengers.

get your ass to mars

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 03:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The rights are not reverted this is a sony production.

Lasher
Title: an horse
PostPosted: Mar 15 2012 03:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So much for that then. Sad

get your ass to mars

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 16 2012 12:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

There's a lot less of a likelihood I'll see this than The Dark Knight Rises. There's only so many ways that you can re-do an origin story, and like him or not, Sam Raimi is a director with a lot of work under his belt and who's had a lot of solid successes; Marc Webb, other than directing (500) Days of Summer, has done some music videos and a TV pilot. Who knows, the guy might knock it out of the park, but call me skeptical. I'd hope that it's closer to the comics origin story [SPOILER:894f5adf21]but since it's about his father being involved with Curt Connors and him investigating that, so it's more than likely yet another jumbled re-envisioning.[/SPOILER:894f5adf21]. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to give it a chance, but I may well wait for it to come out on DVD as well, especially since 3D nauseates the fuck out of me in a physical sense.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 05 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So this came out. Has anyone seen it? Wanna hear some of your thoughts. I doubt I'll get a chance to catch it in theater, but I'm still curious.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Jul 05 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The consensus I hear is that the story is pretty meh, but the action scenes are good, and the actors for Gwen and Peter did a really amazing job.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm watching it tomorrow, but yeah, I hear the biggest gripe with the story was that they added a lot of things that don't actually go anywhere.
username
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 05:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

i will probably wait til the Dark Knight movie comes out and then i'll sneak into this one afterwards. overall, mostly good reviews

Klimbatize wrote:

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Jul 06 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw it today. And I gotta say, I think the main complaint I got about the movie was completely unfounded. It's /not/ the classic Spiderman's story, but that was expected. I really liked it, and not just because "the battles are awesome", like I was told (They are, they really explored Spidey's 3D fighting capabilities, but it's not the only redeeming quality of the movie, to me Smile ). Spider doesn't take himself as seriously as in the former movies, and isn't as "honor bound", and I kinda like the character like that Smile
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 07 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sehkmaenzo wrote:
Just saw it today. And I gotta say, I think the main complaint I got about the movie was completely unfounded. It's /not/ the classic Spiderman's story, but that was expected. I really liked it, and not just because "the battles are awesome", like I was told (They are, they really explored Spidey's 3D fighting capabilities, but it's not the only redeeming quality of the movie, to me Smile ). Spider doesn't take himself as seriously as in the former movies, and isn't as "honor bound", and I kinda like the character like that Smile

Yeah. I never read many of the comics themselves, but I thought Spiderman wasn't your typical "I have a responsibility" kind of superhero, but more just a goofy guy who happened to get bit by a radioactive spider.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

username
PostPosted: Jul 07 2012 01:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

sabotage times had a decent review on the movie. they said best way to go into this is to see this movie as a Marvel "what if" story. http://x.co/lnT6

Klimbatize wrote:

Reply to topic

Jump to: