[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
South Park Season 15

Reply to topic
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 03:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I liked it. Those movie trailers had me laughing. None of the stuff at the end would be hard for them to fix. Besides, I think it'd be cool if this was the last season and they started deconstructing it by removing major characters and having them all grow apart.

I find it funny that Comedy Central's promos for this season touted it by saying they didn't care who they offend. That certainly wasn't the case last season with the whole 200 debacle. What I think is South Park has been pretty much castrated by Comedy Central so the creators are starting to care less. That's why most of this season has sucked, save for the last two episodes. This may be their way of winding it down. I'm hoping they take some really surprising turns for the next half. If the end of this episode is any indication of what they plan on doing, then I say go with it.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 07:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

The show is not currently under contract for another season. So the next seven episodes could seriously be the last.

On the other hand, Matt & Trey love fucking with people. It's quite possible they'll swerve us into thinking the show is ending, and then sign a new 5 year deal.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 08:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The show is not currently under contract for another season. So the next seven episodes could seriously be the last.

On the other hand, Matt & Trey love fucking with people. It's quite possible they'll swerve us into thinking the show is ending, and then sign a new 5 year deal.

Not true.

They are currently contracted out until 2013.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-south-parks-trey-parker-171189
Quote:
A week after they leave New York around March 28, the pair hurtles into the 15th season of South Park, part of a new pact with Comedy Central that keeps the show on the air through 2013 and is said to be even richer than their previous $75 million deal. They’ll have just one week to create each episode, with no time to prep.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 09:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, Wikipedia said otherwise. I should have known better than to trust Wikipedia!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 09:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

i thought this episode was funny. "its called being a cynical asshole" had me rolling.

at any rate, i doubt anyone will be killed off. especially someone in the main cast. and like stans mom said, every week it resets & goes back to normal. so, we'll have to wait & see

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Atma
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Ah, Wikipedia said otherwise. I should have known better than to trust Wikipedia!

Don't feel bad, I made the same mistake and saw the same Wiki Article.

I jumped on SouthparkStudios.com to see what the buzz on there was, and a lot of people we're saying the same thing. A member promptly directed everyone to a thread that had that article posted.

But it really does seem like they're trying slow the show down or something.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker love fucking with people though. Although it seems they lost a lot of steam after CC Censored their episode.
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 04:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. Just wow.
TheDrumWorkshop
Title: 2D Video Game Raper
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 09:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was an awesome episode. I found it to be pretty smart and clever. If they do write the Marsh family out of the show...I really hope that they atleast keep Randy. That guys is fuckin' hilarous. I just do not see them doing it. South Park has never really been a linear show...except for the two and three part episodes.

I can totally see them not wrapping this up in the next episode and keeping everyone wondering. Who knows, maybe ratings are dropping for this season and they did this as a marketing ploy to get people to start watching to see what happens. Ya never know?

At any rate, I'm sure they will eventually right the ship and things will return back to normal.

KaY-O!

jackfrost
Title: Cold Hearted Bastard
PostPosted: Jun 09 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That episode reminded me of Last American Virgin. It is a comedy* all the way through, but then it takes a sad turn in the last act.

I'd be curious how they wrap it up though.

*I thought this episode was awful, but maybe they are going for an Andy Kaufman anything can be funny premise.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 01:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like Randy and Sharon arguing were more like Matt and Trey arguing.

They really seem burned out of doing the show. I know they are renewed up to 2013 but I really feel that South Park is just about finished and it makes me really bummed out.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 01:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well let's be honest...Sharon DID have a point. In fact, they don't even really use a lot of characters anymore because we've burned out on them. When was the last time we saw a Garrison episode? Other characters have been phased out or killed because they don't fit with the current format, so you really are just constantly relying on Butters, Kyle/Cartman or Randy.

South Park still delivers, and I've felt they've been really good recently, but even so...I'd rather them leave on top than just stick around for the hell of it.

Also, can they opt out if they're signed to 2013? Or will they pull a Dave Chapelle?
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 05:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Man I haven't really watched anything past the whole Somalian Pirates Episode, sounds like I have some catching up to do. Confused

Atma
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzy wrote:

Your not lying man.

I felt the same damn way.
Tomdincan
Title: Test Icicle
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Considering the success of Book of Mormon, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they were ready to move on. It's not like they need the money or anything.

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 02:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit... that episode was full of crap.

Was that the first episode they ended on a truly serious note?

Adrock4
Title: Mostly Lurks, Now
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 03:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. That has to be the smartest episode of South Park I've seen in a long time. As much as I like South Park, if this is how they're going to start the end of the series, I think I'd be fine with that.

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 03:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Adrock4 wrote:
Wow. That has to be the smartest episode of South Park I've seen in a long time. As much as I like South Park, if this is how they're going to start the end of the series, I think I'd be fine with that.

I think that's what I was trying to say
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 10 2011 04:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
joshwoodzy wrote:

Your not lying man.

I felt the same damn way.

I actually felt more it was the creators arguing with the show, if that makes any sense.
Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Jun 14 2011 04:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Adrock4 wrote:

I think that's what I was trying to say

I overall agree with this, the episode was strong.

If this is how they are going to close the series , I am interested to see how it progresses. They really need to do another movie...

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 14 2011 04:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious, does Comedy Central own the rights to South Park? If Matt and Trey did indeed quit, couldn't CC just keep the series going under new leadership? I know that's a bit of a stretch, but this is their best show, and their biggest money maker.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jun 14 2011 05:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

They should get the guys who took over the Man Show to take over South Park.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jun 14 2011 05:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

The problem I see with that scenario is that SP constantly changes, just look at season 1 VS now, if it was farmed out to someone else I fear they'd have a manual to follow and would start recycling ideas over and over...

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 14 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Something tells me I should start getting into this.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jun 14 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Um, has anyone even considered this is yet another cliffhanger ending that they'll resolve with the midseason premiere? Just because they poked a little fun at themselves doesn't mean they're packing it in.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 14 2011 01:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
The problem I see with that scenario is that SP constantly changes, just look at season 1 VS now, if it was farmed out to someone else I fear they'd have a manual to follow and would start recycling ideas over and over...

Do you really think that CC would care if they were still pulling the ratings?

UsaSatsui wrote:
Um, has anyone even considered this is yet another cliffhanger ending that they'll resolve with the midseason premiere? Just because they poked a little fun at themselves doesn't mean they're packing it in.

Absolutely, but this just happens to be a perfect time to talk about the show actually ending, even if it doesn't.
Reply to topic

Jump to: