"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Goodbye Edge

Reply to topic
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 03:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Adam Copeland retired from wrestling tonight. It sucks because he still had some good years left in him. Guess that's what happens when you break your neck.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 04:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dammit! Him, Jericho, and Sheamus were my favorite current wrestlers! With Jericho on Dancing with the stars and them not really pushing Sheamus, this greatly saddens me.

This Is Tuna With Bacon

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 09:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this thread was about Image

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

It sucks, but at least he found out sooner than later about the severity of his injuries. He will be able to walk out to ring as a WWE legend years from now, and not be a wheelchair bound, bitter and destroyed shell of a man like Dynamite Kid.
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Crying Couldn't he at least be a commentator? I'm sure millions would prefer him over Michael Cole.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 12:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, if he has spinal stenosis, he should've been out of the ring last year. My father had it and he was pretty much left a cripple for twenty years as a result.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 01:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While it definitely sucks, I'm not going to hold out hope that he's completely done with wrestling. He didn't voluntarily retire, he wasn't cleared to wrestle by WWE. I could possibly see him MAYBE trying to wrestle at some point down the road, much like Shawn Michaels did, however Edge's injuries are so much more severe (his spine is literally deteriorating), so I'm about 50/50 on that. It IS wrestling afterall, and anything can happen. Personally, I don't need to see him come back, he's proven everything he needs to in wrestling and I'm proud to say he's one of the best wrestlers I've seen in the last 10 years. I'm happy they gave him the Wrestlemania victory so he was able to leave with his head high, one of the few times I could ever say that about his character.

With that said, SD is really screwed. They need to elevate someone fast. I guess the one possible blessing in disguise would be that Christian gets a World title push out of this, but knowing Vince, he'll screw it up. I wouldn't be surprised if Orton shows up on SD, since there's really nothing for him to do on Raw at this point and SD needs a top babyface.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 07:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Like Dodds said, he could come back. HBK suffered a career-ending injury and eventually came back, as did Ultimo Dragon. And then there's Kurt Angle, whose neck is probably held together with Krazy Glue at this point.

As Hulk Hogan said on Twitter, wrestling seems to be in Edge's blood, and when you're a real wrestler, you always end up back in the ring sooner or later.

And as glad as I am that Edge got to retire on a high note, it's bad for business. The title is now vacant. Any time a title is vacated, it devalues the title.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
It sucks, but at least he found out sooner than later about the severity of his injuries. He will be able to walk out to ring as a WWE legend years from now, and not be a wheelchair bound, bitter and destroyed shell of a man like Dynamite Kid.

This. Also, what JRA said about being a commentator. Guy rocks the mic.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Broken neck? Psh, that's the oldest excuse in the book. Get back to work you crybaby.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 12 2011 09:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Broken neck? Psh, that's the oldest excuse in the book. Get back to work you crybaby.

Thanks, Hulk!
leegrace
PostPosted: Apr 28 2011 04:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

At the end he entertained us for long period of time. So good bye Edge Smile
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 02 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

And, Edge's retirement did finally open the door for Christian, who just won the World Title last night. You know Edge had to have convinced Vince that Christian would make a great replacement champion.
Doddsino
PostPosted: May 02 2011 01:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Last night was amazing. Christian has always been one of my favorites and extremely underrated. It's about damn time. That was one helluva great match as well, easily MOTY already.

uncle joe
PostPosted: May 03 2011 06:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

a top 10-15 worker all over the world FINALLY gets his just due. Great moment.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: May 03 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I heard that Extreme Rules was awesome, I need to check it out on DVD sometime. It helps that Christian won and that Miz lost. I don't mind Cena holding the belt at all, but Miz bored me to tears and tries too hard to be SRS BUSINESS Jericho lite.

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 03 2011 05:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was decent, I probably wouldn't have checked it if it wasn't for the WHC match, since I'm a mark for both guys (although if ADR won, I would've been pissed). I wouldn't check out the whole thing, but definitely check out the ladder match...that was probably MOTY so far. The cage match was alright but nothing special, although I've very surprised that Miz didn't get a stinger from a double suplex he took early on, even the announcers were freaking out.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: May 03 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

On ths day I see clearly
Everything has come to life
Another chance to chase a dream
Another Chance to feel
Chance to feel alive

I'll miss you Edge Smile

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 03 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And what was such a beautiful and wonderful title win is already fucking buried beyond belief.

[SPOILER:67a3b7236a]World Heavyweight Champion Christian comes out to open the show. He cuts a promo about winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules. This leads to Mark Henry, The Great Khali and Randy Orton coming out. Teddy Long comes out and says he's going to leave it up to the fans to decide who Christian faces tonight. The crowd goes with Christian vs. Orton.

Randy Orton pinned Christian to win the World title. Orton celebrated and left. Christian sat in the ring dejected as the fans chanted for him. After he went to the back, Orton returned to remind everyone that when they go home, remember he is the new World champion. [/SPOILER:67a3b7236a]

Couldn't even give him a decent run. Fuck you WWE! FUCK YOU!
JRA
PostPosted: May 04 2011 01:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

What the fuck does Vince have against Jim Ross? Ignoring the last few years of shit, first he makes him kiss Cole's infected toe then he keeps having him and Lawler job to Cole and Swagger during pay-per views? This is not good booking.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: May 04 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vince likes to torture jim ross. For ...some reason.

Adrock4
Title: Mostly Lurks, Now
PostPosted: May 07 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
And what was such a beautiful and wonderful title win is already fucking buried beyond belief.

[SPOILER:0dd65e53b4]World Heavyweight Champion Christian comes out to open the show. He cuts a promo about winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules. This leads to Mark Henry, The Great Khali and Randy Orton coming out. Teddy Long comes out and says he's going to leave it up to the fans to decide who Christian faces tonight. The crowd goes with Christian vs. Orton.

Randy Orton pinned Christian to win the World title. Orton celebrated and left. Christian sat in the ring dejected as the fans chanted for him. After he went to the back, Orton returned to remind everyone that when they go home, remember he is the new World champion. [/SPOILER:0dd65e53b4]

Couldn't even give him a decent run. Fuck you WWE! FUCK YOU!

So why do you guys watch this garbage anymore, again?

Shut up, Dorn
Title: White Chocolate
PostPosted: May 08 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how you guys can care about all of this. I watched that night to see what it was like after being away for so many years, and this guy was yapping for like 15 minutes. Do it before the fights, not in the middle of the show.

And then, they had that three way battle that you knew wasn't gonna end. It's stupid! Even the suspension of disbelief can't withstand that garbage. The next week wasn't awful, but you know they just hold all the good stuff for the PPVs.

Sorry, had that brewing.

Reply to topic

Jump to: