[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
100 Nazis

Reply to topic
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Apr 23 2011 06:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
well, you have to recognize that GP is jewish, and obviously would take offense at that. and if he brings up the page @ work, people might question why he is going to a page that hitler on the front page.

They should leave him alone when he's on the computer in the first place, I hate people who try and talk to me when I'm reading a website, it's rude!

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Apr 23 2011 07:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
Wahh, Hitler is on the front page, wahhhhh...

I can stand to see the sight of Adolf Hitler when it pertains to history. I can watch movies that have swastikas in them. The world has bad people in it, and one can't be expected to go through life with blinders on.

But... the man single handedly reduced the population of my religion by half. My wife's extended family is only about 1/4 of what it should be because of him.

A prominent image of Hitler on the front page of one of my most visited websites lends itself to a particular form of frustration. If you can't understand that, then I pity your lack of empathy.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Apr 23 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, it's perfectly understandable. I'd be offended too.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: May 22 2011 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You should include yourself into the list Syd for not taking any of my comments into the article.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

JRA
PostPosted: May 29 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Can we still add to this?

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Are we really going to have to look at a picture of Hitler on the front page for another 9 months before you write two more articles and it scrolls down far enough to avoid?

3.5 months down, 5.5 to go...

Where is RoboCop?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

I need to fix this list up still. And I have to write. And I have to buy a new computer so I can do these things faster. And I have to motivate Haddox and Alexis Acid to update. I have to do a lot of things. Sad
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I need to fix this list up still. And I have to write. And I have to buy a new computer so I can do these things faster. And I have to motivate Haddox and Alexis Acid to update. I have to do a lot of things. Sad

If I give you a computer, will you fix it?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 01:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to buy one, I have the money, I just need to get around it. I'm just not especially looking forward to it, because I love the aesthetics of Windows 98, which is what I have my Windows XP set up to look like, and I imagine it's going to take a lot of effort to get Windows 7 to look like that, and there's probably going to be little things about it that bug me that I won't be able to change and I know those little things are going to slow eat away at me until I finally lose it and kill a bunch of people.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 01:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I'm going to buy one, I have the money, I just need to get around it. I'm just not especially looking forward to it, because I love the aesthetics of Windows 98, which is what I have my Windows XP set up to look like, and I imagine it's going to take a lot of effort to get Windows 7 to look like that, and there's probably going to be little things about it that bug me that I won't be able to change and I know those little things are going to slow eat away at me until I finally lose it and kill a bunch of people.

Glad that I live far enough away that it would be inconvenient for you to kill me.

Just know that Windows 7 was a lot of people's ideas and I like it, but it wasn't my idea.

With a new computer though, just give up and go with the flow. It is not the same as it always was, but it is similar, and faster, and better. So bite the bullet and get it done.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 01:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't go with the flow. The flow can either come to me via a series of canals, or the flow can go fuck itself.

One of the worst fucking things they ever introduced was making the taskbar blue by default. I want to find out whose idea that was and kidnap them. Then I'm going to cut off their fingers and toes one by one, cauterizing each wound after. Then I'm going to make them watch as I eat all their fingers and toes. Then I'm going to kill them.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 02:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I don't go with the flow. The flow can either come to me via a series of canals, or the flow can go fuck itself.

One of the worst fucking things they ever introduced was making the taskbar blue by default. I want to find out whose idea that was and kidnap them. Then I'm going to cut off their fingers and toes one by one, cauterizing each wound after. Then I'm going to make them watch as I eat all their fingers and toes. Then I'm going to kill them.

You don't like Luna?

Oh boy, you are really not going to like where they have gone from there then.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lol. syd hates change.

i like windows 7. its easy to use. its aesthetically pleasing. doesnt crash on me.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 04:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. I hate Luna with the burning passion of a thousand exploding suns.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How dare they change the default color of the task bar! And it's SO hard to change back! What ever shall you do?

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jul 14 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

The first thing I do with new versions of Windows is make it look like 98. I think I got it fairly close with 7, except for the stupid changes to the Explorer that can't be undone.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 06:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

The first thing I do with new versions of Windows is make it look like 98. I think I got it fairly close with 7, except for the stupid changes to the Explorer that can't be undone.

Well, since you have a similar mind and experience on the subject, I'd love to know: what can you change and what can't you change? For example, can you still make things require a double click instead of a single?
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 07:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The-Excel wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Well, since you have a similar mind and experience on the subject, I'd love to know: what can you change and what can't you change? For example, can you still make things require a double click instead of a single?

I am just going to flat out say it. Don't do this. Don't make your Windows 7 installation look like Windows 98. Try the new interface for two weeks. If you hate it after two weeks, I'll show you how to make it look exactly like Win9x. Truth be told, I skipped the XP changes and used the 9x look too. I even disliked the way they did the Vista cosmetics. Windows 7 is brilliantly efficient and effective. Learn it for a few weeks before denying it existence.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've played around with it already. My sister has it on her laptop. Admittedly, I hate laptops too, so the unfamiliar interface was also hindered by that.
The Opponent
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 01:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

I'm not the best person to ask for this, but at the very least, you can make the color scheme, window appearance, and fonts resemble 98. Quick Launch was changed so that you can have the buttons, but they're part of the taskbar. They expand into a full button when the application is open. The first thing you'll have to get used to is that the Show Desktop button is always on the extreme right of the Taskbar, next to the clock, instead of in Quick Launch. The Start Menu is different too, in that you're now forced to use the Vista-style Start Menu; you can't change it back like you could in Vista.

I don't think you'll like what they did with folders. The sidebar on the left was replaced with a directory view and there's a big new status bar on the bottom above the smaller gray one that can't be removed. Also, they removed the ability to see total file size when you select more than 10 or so files. You have to open Properties to see the combined size. There's more changes, but most of them are functional as opposed to aesthetic, so knowing your previous posts, I don't think you'll have an easy time adjusting. I didn't, but I got over it eventually. If these bother you, just get Vista SP1, since it's possible to make that one closer to 98.

GPFontaine wrote:
I am just going to flat out say it. Don't do this. Don't make your Windows 7 installation look like Windows 98. Try the new interface for two weeks. If you hate it after two weeks, I'll show you how to make it look exactly like Win9x. Truth be told, I skipped the XP changes and used the 9x look too. I even disliked the way they did the Vista cosmetics. Windows 7 is brilliantly efficient and effective. Learn it for a few weeks before denying it existence.

I tried it on demo machines. It's nice, but I prefer to stress my graphics card as little as possible when I'm not playing a game.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 07:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The-Excel wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

Can you still make things the fucking default setting? Yes, yes you can.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
GPFontaine wrote:

I tried it on demo machines. It's nice, but I prefer to stress my graphics card as little as possible when I'm not playing a game.

You will not like the future.

Graphics cards have been specifically designed to be able to handle the OS interface becoming more and more intensive. While you can currently get the same out of your interface with effects minimized, each future OS you see will incorporate more and more effects with less options to turn them down.

Apple has forced this by making new OS's only compatible with new hardware. Windows won't do that, but if you don't start to embrace the more popular features in Windows, you will find that the OS pisses you off a lot more in the future.

Personally, I like the Aero features. Who gives a crap what the graphics card is doing while I am not gaming. it isn't intense enough to cause my games to stutter unless I am playing high res games in windows with AA cranked all the way up.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 09:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like Sony laptops because of the excessively flashy boot sequence they all have. I grew up with extremely minimal POST sequences and seeing high-level graphics before the OS is loaded makes me think the graphics card will just wear down faster. That should tell you what I think of that future.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
I don't like Sony laptops because of the excessively flashy boot sequence they all have. I grew up with extremely minimal POST sequences and seeing high-level graphics before the OS is loaded makes me think the graphics card will just wear down faster. That should tell you what I think of that future.

UEFI is going to be a true mind fuck for you.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jul 15 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the conversation on this page, it looks like new Windows OSes should have made the Top 100 Hitlers list.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Reply to topic

Jump to: