SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Kevin Nashes announces 5 year WWE contract.

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 27 2011 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So Nash announced he's signed a 5 year deal with WWE. I imagine it's one of their Legends contracts, though he didn't say. If WWE had any interest in using Nash in any real capacity, he'd have been on TV the Monday after the Rumble. Basically, his contract entitles him to be DLC in the upcoming WWE All-Stars video game and come out for a cheap pop every once in a while, like Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Nice work, Big Lazy.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 27 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And that's why we love him.

The guy's getting old. Wrestling takes a lot out of you, especially being on the road all the time and not having time to properly recover. What's so bad about making money off of the name that he made for himself doing all that hard work in the past, instead of doing the hard work now?

If anything, I applaud him for not taking the Ric Flair/Hulk hogan route, and being a bloated, dying glory hog that could barely keep up with the current wrestlers, but still insisting on being the big name.

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Feb 27 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
And that's why we love him.

The guy's getting old. Wrestling takes a lot out of you, especially being on the road all the time and not having time to properly recover. What's so bad about making money off of the name that he made for himself doing all that hard work in the past, instead of doing the hard work now?

If anything, I applaud him for not taking the Ric Flair/Hulk hogan route, and being a bloated, dying glory hog that could barely keep up with the current wrestlers, but still insisting on being the big name.

Amen to that.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 28 2011 02:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm cool with it. I figure with the stare down between him and Big Show, we could get a nice 5 minute match at Mania or something. It's kind of a shame I couldn't trade him for Hall though, since I would love to see a Razor comeback...just not in the shape he's in. We'll possibly see a HOF induction down the road...probably not this year, but definitely in the next 2 years.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 28 2011 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just think it's funny, he talked about wanting to retire in the WWE. Well, Legends contracts are for retirees, so good work.

I would have liked to have seen Nash work one last big angle, and judging by Twitter, that's what he wanted too. Well, that's apparently not what he got. A Barrett/Nash program seems to be off the table, unless Vince wants to start it after 'Mania, but fans these days don't have that sort of patience or memory. Feuds used to last a year, sometimes two, now a BIG feud is lucky to last two months.

I want Nash on my TV, dammit. And if WWE isn't going to deliver that, then I wish he was still in TNA.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 12:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Look at it like this, if Nash signed a busy schedule he would likely get injured and would probably take huge time off recovering.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 01:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think WWE knows they are only going to get a couple of matches out of him, so they are saving up.

I mean, remember the last time he was WWE?

He came back in Febuary 2002 with Hall and Hogan. He tore his bicep in march. (One month later.)

He returned from injury in July (4 months later), and almost immediately tore his quad, and was out for another 9 months.

He spent 13 of his 24 month contract sidelined with injuries. And, that's was almost 10 years ago. His body has only gotten worse.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 02:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So don't have him do house shows. I think you guys are underestimating him. He worked the TNA schedule, which sometimes required him to work 3 matches in a day, because they'd do up to 3 weeks of TV tapings at a time, and he was fine. But do one match a week, or even a match every other week and run-ins on the other weeks, he'd be fine.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 03:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Also, to be fair...according to Nash, his quad tear was due to the fact that they announced his ring return without him knowing, thus he didn't have all his gear ready for the night, since he probably has very weak legs. It doesn't make the incident any less funny though.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 07:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Funniest thing ever was when Vince McMahon injured himself GETTING INTO THE RING.

Or how about when Hulk Hogan (and sadly this wasn't a televised incident) injured himself by standing up too fast?
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 08:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I remember Vince tearing both his quads while trying to slide into the ring. His excuse was that he had been sitting in the Gorilla Position for the last two hours, and jumped to his feet, ran, and jumped without stretching or warming up first.

And, matter of fact here it is:

Here's Nash tearing his quad after delivering a big boot:

Though, the record for the worst wrestling injury that was self inflicted by doing something mundane, has to be Sid Vicious when he snapped his leg jumping off the 2nd rope:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 02 2011 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sid was pissed about that, too. He never did rope moves, but Johnny Ace booked the match and told him to. So he did.
Reply to topic

Jump to: