SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Vikings return favor, give up on Randy Moss halfway through.

Reply to topic
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFified link: http://goo.gl/dxR8

While "Randy makes this play, Favre doesn't get hurt" is really a stretch, I do really like seeing teams not put up with Randy Moss's bullshit anymore. First the Pats dump him before he can become a problem, then the Vikings tell him to take a hike despite really needing something to happen.

I guess there's just no room for a jerk-ass decoy wideout anymore, is there?

We'll see if someone even more desperate than the Vikings snags him, but either way, it's a good day for me. Wouldn't put it past the Raiders, which would be HILARIOUS.
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 05:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I fear the Colts snagging him, the man can still be a big threat. Even as a decoy, you end up devoting a lot of man power in his direction. Philly seems like a good choice though and would have waiver priority over the Colts. And the Pats would have last dibs on him, because they have THE BEST RECORD IN THE NFL! Booyah!
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 05:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
I fear the Colts snagging him, the man can still be a big threat. Even as a decoy, you end up devoting a lot of man power in his direction. Philly seems like a good choice though and would have waiver priority over the Colts. And the Pats would have last dibs on him, because they have THE BEST RECORD IN THE NFL! Booyah!

We don't want him. And I'm pretty sure neither does Indy.

Philly's another organization that's willing to overlook you being a jerk if you're a good player (Vick?). I can see them grabbing him.

But yeah, players half as irritating and twice as talented had trouble finding jobs this year. So I don't envy Moss looking for work right now.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 08:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my god, the Raiders picking up Moss would be one bright spot in an absolutely dismal season. I'd laugh my ass off, and actually enjoy watching a game for a change.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay hawk, look at it this way:

The cowboys suck, so you will get some of the following:

1. A good draft position in a deep draft.

2. A new coach, no, it isn't too soon to pray for Bill Cowher

3. Jones won't hire another dumdum, so the likes of Cowher should be in the cards, WHICH in turn means they would tell Jones that they are taking football operations back!

4. Romo won't have to rush back to early and risk any additional injury.

Next year will be better for the 'boys, just try to make it there.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 08:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a Chiefs fan. I'd have no problem with them picking him up. I have a sneaky feeling the Pats may get him back though. Moss spoke to reporters today and he didn't say much, but the little bit that he did it was about how he respected New England and Belichick.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 08:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, The Chiefs are like New England Lite, so I can see that happening, not to mention Cassel has played with him, which is a significant bonus for quick installation into their system.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
I'm a Chiefs fan. I'd have no problem with them picking him up. I have a sneaky feeling the Pats may get him back though. Moss spoke to reporters today and he didn't say much, but the little bit that he did it was about how he respected New England and Belichick.

If he were a significant part of the Pat's future plans, they would have kept him in the first place.

Besides, imagine this string of conversations with your boss:

"Um, yeah, boss? I don't think the future plans for the company include me, so if you don't let me out of my employment contract so I can find another job, I'm just gonna dog it and do my best to sink morale around here."

One month later:

"Um, yeah, hi, remember me? I just got fired from my new job because I was a jackass to the public and sort of half-assed it, and one of my co-workers got seriously injured. You got a spot for me still?"
Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 08:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the only reason I could see it as a possibility for him to go back to the Pats is they are last in the waiver list. So, they wouldn't have to claim him at all, if he would fall to them, then no one else wanted him and therefor they can wait until after the waiver time is up and then sign him to a very small contract that he may agree to so he can play where he wants while getting paid by the Vikings.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 08:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Satsui...the NFL doesn't work the same way a normal job does. People get traded and leave jobs all the time, only to come back. They cut him because he was a free agent at the end of the year and they had an opportunity to get a 3rd round pick in return. Now to have that 3rd round pick AND get Moss back on the cheap? Absolutely could work out.

If you produce, teams in the NFL don't give a shit what you've done in the past. I don't even have to list the multitude of examples. Hell, New England has already ignored Moss' attitude in the past when they signed him a few years ago.

Even Moss is capable of a wake up call. Imagine getting traded for a 3rd rounder, then that same team willing to drop you for no compensation a month later. I could definitely see Moss signing a cheap contract, play his ass off for a bigger contract next year, and I could see that team being the Pats.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Shut up, Dorn
Title: White Chocolate
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 09:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Vikings are starting to slip away from Brad Childress.

I'd be worried if I crossed paths with Mr. Moss in the next few days. He has to be livid. But, I can't stand his "give me the ball all the time" mentality, and can't see hardly any teams giving him a shot besides maybe San Fransisco and Carolina.

UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
Yeah, Satsui...the NFL doesn't work the same way a normal job does. People get traded and leave jobs all the time, only to come back. They cut him because he was a free agent at the end of the year and they had an opportunity to get a 3rd round pick in return. Now to have that 3rd round pick AND get Moss back on the cheap? Absolutely could work out.

If you produce, teams in the NFL don't give a shit what you've done in the past. I don't even have to list the multitude of examples. Hell, New England has already ignored Moss' attitude in the past when they signed him a few years ago.

Even Moss is capable of a wake up call. Imagine getting traded for a 3rd rounder, then that same team willing to drop you for no compensation a month later. I could definitely see Moss signing a cheap contract, play his ass off for a bigger contract next year, and I could see that team being the Pats.

Now, if you said any other team, I may buy that. But not the Patriots. They plan for the future (believe it or not, this is a "rebuilding year"), and that future does not include Moss. There's absolutely no reason to pick him up now.

I mean, even if he passes waivers and nobody else wants him and the Pats offer him an assrapingly low contract for just the rest of the season, I don't see it. You saw this guy when he JUST had a new contract signed. Why do you want him when he's disgruntled?
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 09:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Now, if you said any other team, I may buy that. But not the Patriots. They plan for the future (believe it or not, this is a "rebuilding year"), and that future does not include Moss. There's absolutely no reason to pick him up now.

I mean, even if he passes waivers and nobody else wants him and the Pats offer him an assrapingly low contract for just the rest of the season, I don't see it. You saw this guy when he JUST had a new contract signed. Why do you want him when he's disgruntled?

He'd be gruntled if he returned to the Pats.

What new contract are you talking about? He didn't get a new contract when he was traded to Minnesota, and that was part of the reason he was such a brat this last month. He wanted a new multi-year deal since he was going to be a free agent at the end of the year, and Minnesota never approached him about one. Moss may have even took plays off even more than normal just to get released from a losing team. He's done it in the past.

I'm telling you. He will be playing productive football for another team in the next few weeks. Don't be surprised if that new team is the Patriots.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
Okay hawk, look at it this way:

The cowboys suck, so you will get some of the following:

1. A good draft position in a deep draft.

2. A new coach, no, it isn't too soon to pray for Bill Cowher

3. Jones won't hire another dumdum, so the likes of Cowher should be in the cards, WHICH in turn means they would tell Jones that they are taking football operations back!

4. Romo won't have to rush back to early and risk any additional injury.

Next year will be better for the 'boys, just try to make it there.

I know, that's what I had to tell myself with the Oilers last year, and so far that's working out pretty well. It just sucks to watch them self-destruct in a year we really should have had a chance at a hometown Super Bowl. Gah, seeing Romo hurt himself was the absolute worst though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Moss head back to the Pats. That seems fitting somehow.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think one of the problems with Moss with the Pats before was the lack of a contract. I think that was the main reason for his unhappiness in New England, leading to the trade. At this point, I think he has accepted that he is going to have to play this year out and then get a contract during the off season. His realization of this, I believe would keep him more level headed and motivated where ever he ends up. To be honest though, I'll be surprised if he clears waivers, which means we will never know if the pats were even interested.

Honestly though, I would be completely surprised if he ended up back on the Pats even if he cleared waivers. We haven't loss since he left and we are scoring at a similar if not better rate, there really isn't a reason to get him back. And BB is probably enjoying the "I fucking told you" moment too much to bite anyway.

What he did to the Pats was typical diva NFL behavior, what he did to the Vikings was down right low. His press conference after the game would have seriously pissed me off if I was a Viking Player, I imagine that's why he never left Boston.

EDIT: If you haven't seen his press conference, click Usa's link and scroll down past the video and click the link going to it, this is why he was released in my opinion.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Nov 01 2010 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. I thought that as part of the trade, the Vikings offered Moss a new deal.

Sorry. I have no clue what the hell I was thinking of.
bassguy252
Title: Professional Malcontent
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 01:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Oh my god, the Raiders picking up Moss would be one bright spot in an absolutely dismal season. I'd laugh my ass off, and actually enjoy watching a game for a change.

Soldierhawk youre a raiders fan too??

you DO realize that we cheer for the exact same sports teams correct?

and the Raiders arent doing so bad, we're at .500 and our last two games we totally dominated, I think this team is really starting to gets its confidence and maybe by next year they will be a wildcard team

but we definitely DO NOT need Moss Sad that would be devastating

Let's assume it's a mixture of the two!

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 08:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Pats would be crazy to take Moss back. Bill Belichick is known for running a team where no one player is so crucial that they alone would dictate the outcome of the game. Maybe Brady is the exception, but other than the QB, the team is in fact a team, not a bunch of individual super stars.

It hasn't been clean or easy, but New England is currently the top team in the league. Why mess with that dynamic by adding a hot head back to the mix?

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 09:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
It hasn't been clean or easy, but New England is currently the top team in the league. Why mess with that dynamic by adding a hot head back to the mix?

This exactly, and besides, I fully enjoy an entire game of this style. Blowing people out kind of gets old when you don't have to watch the second half of games. This team is looking more like the championship patriots, team effort, bend don't break D, getting the ball around. This style of play really brings a team together, an offense can really open up when no one "needs" the ball. Go pats!
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
GPFontaine wrote:

This exactly, and besides, I fully enjoy an entire game of this style. Blowing people out kind of gets old when you don't have to watch the second half of games. This team is looking more like the championship patriots, team effort, bend don't break D, getting the ball around. This style of play really brings a team together, an offense can really open up when no one "needs" the ball. Go pats!

Also, keep in mind, that the Patriots had Moss through a perfect season only to lose the Super Bowl, yet they won the Super Bowl several times in the previous years without him and didn't have perfect seasons.

Therefore I think Moss is cursed.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
I fully enjoy an entire game of this style. Blowing people out kind of gets old when you don't have to watch the second half of games... Go pats!

LOL, you Patriot fans must be getting spoiled. I would love to have a team that blew teams out. There are plenty of other games around the league that can be close and entertaining...I'd rather have my own team kick some ass and be salting away a win in the second half.

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 01:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
Rydog wrote:
I fully enjoy an entire game of this style. Blowing people out kind of gets old when you don't have to watch the second half of games... Go pats!

LOL, you Patriot fans must be getting spoiled.

Ha, shit, that is pretty bad huh. My bad, I'll try to feel the suffering of many other NFL fans...hmmmm, searching for a complaint, hmmmm, wait! Can you believe the Patriots got shafted in 2008 not making the playoffs at 11-5? Yeah, that's the best I can do.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 02:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Maybe Brady is the exception, but other than the QB, the team is in fact a team, not a bunch of individual super stars.

Cassel kind of showed that Brady isn't the exception.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 03:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
GPFontaine wrote:
Maybe Brady is the exception, but other than the QB, the team is in fact a team, not a bunch of individual super stars.

Cassel kind of showed that Brady isn't the exception.

While Brady might have a team player mentality, I think it would be unwise to under rate him. The team does better when he is on it. Cassel wasn't bad, but he wasn't Brady, and the season ended early for the Pats the year he was with them. Granted, Brady didn't have a great 2009 season, but after missing a year, it was expected.

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 02 2010 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Brady is certainly the exception. If anything, Cassel proved it. The team had a fine season with an 11-5 record under Cassel, good enough for postseason any other year, and a division title most others. Yet, BB decided that the seriously injured, older, more expensive QB was still the better option than the young, healthy, cheaper option. Now if they were interchangeable, no way BB chooses Brady over Cassel.
Reply to topic

Jump to: