"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Did you have 'Battle Beasts'?

Reply to topic
OctoMan
PostPosted: Oct 22 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I did, until my mom threw them out. Sad

If you don't know what they are, you can see them here, here and here. The slogan was 'Battle Beasts - Battle For the Fun Of It!' - surely about as mindless an idea as they could come up with. Smile My favorite ones (that I owned) were Sledgehammer Elephant, Major Moose, and Kickback Kangaroo.

Looking at them now, I also notice there's one called 'Black Panther'... it's possible that he has the distinction of being the only Battle Beast who was, in fact, battling for a political cause and not simply 'for the fun of it'. Confused
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 22 2005 02:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, I remember them. I even had a few.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Oct 22 2005 04:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HORNY TOAD?
they called a childrens toy "Horny toad"?
what the fuck?

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 22 2005 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I never had any of those, but I seem to recall some robot figures that were similar in size.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Darklire
Title: I get a Title?
PostPosted: Oct 24 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I never had any of those, but I seem to recall some robot figures that were similar in size.

As do I, hmmm.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Feb 01 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You guys might be thinking Zbots (which I'm too lazy to find a link to.) Battle Beasts are actually linked to Transformers in Japan believe it or not, they didn't have those lame element rubsigns, but good ol' Autobot/Decepticon ones.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 02 2006 03:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, ZBots is what I was thinking of.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
narc
PostPosted: Feb 03 2006 04:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

battle beasts had three american series of toys (i think). japan went on to produce "laser beasts", which had a different type of viewing system to see what side they were aligned with. also they came with "laser guns" instead the various goofy staffs and swords their predessesors have. i believe it was when the laser beasts were introduced that there was a japanese episode of the transformers where they were on a planet with battle beasts. typing in battle beasts transformers on ebay will usually summon up a copy of this (slightly) cult classic episode. i had most battle beasts from series one and two with all their weapons but sold them for a stupid low price to a toy dealer before the advent of ebay. ~nick
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Feb 06 2006 08:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No way man, Battle Beasts showed up on the Japanese Headmasters series and had Autobot/Decepticon symbols in Japan before they ever hit American shores.
narc
PostPosted: Feb 07 2006 02:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

that's why i clearly typed "japanese episode of the transformers" Shocked
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Feb 07 2006 06:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but Laser Beasts came way after the Beast Formers showed up in Headmasters. The characters on the show were from the first couple waves of the figures. The first series came out in 86, the Laser Beasts in 88.
narc
PostPosted: Feb 08 2006 12:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

gotcha. chalk that up to miscommunication, i thought you were saying something else. i wasn't sure on dates, i just knew there was a crossover.
Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Aug 21 2006 06:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have Humungous Hippo. I found it on the ground. That's sort of what a poor kid had to do to get his kicks. I did have a Z bot though. You could turn the nubs that were his arms and his eyes would change. I still remember the Z logo.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Reply to topic

Jump to: