[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Movies improved by director's cuts

Reply to topic
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Mar 14 2006 08:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

WHY DID HE DO IT? OH GOD, WHY.

In the director's cut of Army of Darkness, when Ash shoots Bad Ash in the face with the shotgun after the "Little goody two-shoes" dance thing, Ash doesn't say the line, "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun". He says, "I ain't that good."

What the hell was sam raimi thinking?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 14 2006 09:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

According to some people in the industry, most notably Danny Elfman, Raimi has totally lost it in recent years.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Mar 14 2006 09:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://goodbadimtheguywiththegun.ytmnd.com/

I made a YTMND in honor of the suckitude

and a YTMND in honor of awesomeness

http://klatuveratanicoughcough.ytmnd.com/

There are some plusses to the director's cut, to be honest. It has an awesome, extended version of the scene where the little Ash clones are messing with Ash. A bucket of grease fat falls on his head and a bunch of extra stuff happens.

Overall it's still the movie I know and love, so I'm willing to look the other way that one line is gone.

edit: I think he changed the "I live again" scene too...I'll have to check to be sure.

edit #2:
SPOILER ALERT!!!

The ending isn't the S-mart shootout, as it used to be...it's this crap where he drinks a "sleeping potion" and he's supposed to only drink 6 drops, but he counts wrong because he gets distracted and ends up drinking 7 on accident. Anyway, he sleeps 700 years and the earth is nuked out and destroyed when he wakes up. YOU CALL THAT AN ENDING, SAM RAIMI?
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Mar 14 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm okay with the AoD DC, but honestly, I think the sci-fi channel cut is the best. It's the director's cut with the S-Mart ending, "good bad" line, and three of the deleted scenes not even in the director's cut. The only bad thing about that cut is the line "Jack and shit" has been changed to "Jack and spit". Most everything else was the same... except the naked girls in chains.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Murdar Machene
PostPosted: Mar 14 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You realize that we have to make a special edition called AoD: Winner Edition Cut

We'll combine the best parts of all three of the cuts, original, director's, and sci-fi

but no, we can't edit in masters of the universe.
Reply to topic

Jump to: