"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Wonder Woman's New Outfit

Reply to topic
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Aug 14 2010 05:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Frankly, I like it a lot better than her old booty shorts get up. Makes her look like she kicks ass a little more and a bit more modern. I'm sure the fanboys'll scream loud enough and it'll change back, just like in a few years the Justice League'll have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman on it again. You know, because comics can never change or progress in time or anything.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Aug 14 2010 05:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, love it or hate it, I think it's pretty clear that this will only last for the 12-issue story arc. Still, I do like the costume quite a bit, and like the change of pace for the character. I'm not so enamored of it that I won't be happy to see things go back to the (relative) status quo in a year, but I think this is gonna be a fun and interesting journey.

And frankly, it IS nice to see her in something other than underwear, although WW does carry that look off in a more dignified way than most female superheroes. When she goes back to being a demi-godess, it would be nice to see an update of the classic costume that actually involved pants or shorts as well. (It's not like she's never worn armor before...why not have her wear some version of that all the time? It looks completely badass!)

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

aeonic
PostPosted: Aug 14 2010 05:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No kidding! Maybe a modified version of what she had on in Kingdom Come or the like, that'd be cool. I mean, she's a badass, and while technically, being able to beat someone up in her 'classic' costume requires badassery (and double-sided tape, I imagine), it's time to shake things up a little. Per example, I know for a fact I'm going to end up seriously bummed when Bruce Wayne comes back to being Batman. He's always been awesome, but how long are these characters going to be relevant if they never, ever die permanently or even get old?

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 14 2010 05:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Have they removed that weakness she had if her bracers were held together behind her back form normal canon?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

aeonic
PostPosted: Aug 15 2010 03:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know, but it seems a little ridiculous to have a weakness where she's useless if tied up if she carries a large, magical rope everywhere with her. Yes, I know that Dr. William Marston was into bondage and such, but still. Give her a goddamn sword like she had in Infinite Crisis.

Reply to topic

Jump to: