Welcome to SFW!!!

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 03:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SFW

Sydlexia Forum Wrestling!

I have spent some time trying to create a stats/chance based system specifically for the forum wrestling league. Basically, it's kinda like a tabletop RPG version of wrestling.

The E-Fed would be setup as thus: (Are you ready?)

It would be text based. While this doesn't make for as visually stunning fed, it does create a far more vast and limitless fed. Nothing is off limits or un-doable. Matches can do anything. And, there are no limitations to the "engine".

Also, in the real world, matches are pre-booked and thier outcomes are pre-determined. This doesn't make for a good game to play however. So, there will be a strategic as well as a chance based structure to the fed.

All Wrestlers will have the Following stats: (To be the man...)

CHA - Charisma = A workers ability to talk on the mike and draw fans as well as heat.
STR - Strength = A wrestlers overall power and ability to lift/carry other workers.
SPD - Speed = How fast a wrestler moves in the ring. Helps to dodge and avoid attacks.
TCH - Technical Ability = The higher the stat, the more technical ring knowledge the worker has. Helps with reversals and chain wrestling moves.
FLY - Flying Ability = Skill regarding high flying arial moves such as diving moves, and top rope/turnbuckle moves.
AGL - Agility = Nimbleness of worker. Helps with reversals and avoiding attacks. As well as posistioning to setup moves.
CON - Constitution = How much damage a worker can take before being pinned, and how long they can resist submission holds.
SUB - Submission Skills = The higher the stat, the harder it is for opponents to resist and escape from submission holds.
HRD - Hardcore Ability = How well the worker uses weapons and the eviroment against opponents.
BRL - Brawling Skill = Workers ability to throw punches/kicks and fighting ability.
INT - Intelligence = Helps worker in cheating and countering cheating moves. As well as other things such as playing possum.
COM - Comliness = How good looking your worker is. Helps with your workers drawing power and heat.
LCK - Luck = Universal stat that can help with anything. Always in effect in some manner.

Everyone will start with 130 points to distribute among all of their stats. With each match, the worker earns more points to spend. The winner gets a % bonus to thier points earned.

SPECIAL
Each Worker will start with one of the following specials that will help them:

Luchador = Gives +5 bonus to SPD, AGL, anf FLY skills.
Shooter = Gives +5 bonus to CON, SUB, and TCH skills.
Masked = Eliminates COM skill from worker, and the penalities it might impose.
Monster = Worker can ignore the first few weapon attacks, and gets one free kick out per match. +3 STR + CON boost.
Daredevil = Worker can take sick bumps and damage with less chance of injuries. Also, gives +3 to FLY and HRD skills.
Brawler = +5 to STR, BRL, CON skills.
Manager = If a Heel, give +5 to CHT skill and allows for ref-distractions, helping in kickouts and submissions. If a face, gives a +3 to CHA + CON skills.
Former Athlete = +5 to AGL, CON, STR skills.

The way matches work: (It's time to play the game!)
Prior to matches, the workers will have a chance to give promos and other interactions to build up interest in the match. The better the promos and effort put into the build-up, the higher points the match will be worth to both workers. It is up to the players to cut promos and PM each other to setup confrontations and such.

Once it's match time, the Judge (Me, or perhaps one of a few other forumers) will PM the players to let them know how the match will play out. (The determining is done pitting the stats against each worker, as well as stats + dice rolls to reolve events durring the match.) The Judge will roll up the match, and give the workers the outcome. Then the workers will have to RP out the match. This can be done by them posting back and forth the details of the match. Or they can PM each other and have one of them make a full rundown post of the match.)

Rewards: (The winner and new champion is...)
Awards will be given after the event that will earn even more points for the workers. The awards will be voted on by everyone in the fed. Awards such as Best promo, Best match, Best Fued, "Holy Shit" moment, etc. will be decided.

(Who's Next?)
Tell me what you think, and feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 03:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Current Roster:

Dire Wolf (Heel)
The Bronx Bruiser (Heel)
Maelstrom (Face)
Natas (Tweener)
Sir Varbesk (Face)
Mr. Glee (Tweener)
Lars Crashgunner (Heel)
Chemical X (Face)
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 03:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Creating a Character:

Use the following format for your wrestler's sheet: (Thank's Sehkmaenzo for the great format!)

CHA - (130 starting points to distribute to among all stats)
STR -
SPD -
TCH -
FLY –
AGL -
CON -
SUB -
HRD -
BRL -
INT –
COM -
LCK -
Special: (One special, see above)

Your Name: (Your Forum Name)
Worker Name: (Wrestler's real name, aka Steve Borden)
Character Name: (Wrester's ring name. aka Sting)
Affiliation: (Any groups or tag team partners)
Physical Appearance: (Describe your wrestler's physical appearance and costume)
Signature Moves: (Finishers, Set-up moves, etc.)
Character Personality: (Wrestler's gimmick)
Actual Personality: (Worker's actual personality. Is he a hard worker, loyal to boss, egotisical, etc)
Character History: (Gimmick's history)
Actual History: (Worker's history. Did he go from college into pro wrestling? Was he a discovered by someone, etc.)
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 03:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The first exhibition matches will be:

Dire Wolf - vs - Maelstrom

Natas - vs - The Bronx Bruiser
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 04:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

:: cut to a scene of the Bronx Bruiser in his trademark Mets jersey and a pair of jeans, walking down a city street with the lit end of a cigar clenched between this teeth, sneering at the camera, talking in an exaggerated New York accent::
"So I hear this Natas chump's been talkin' a whole lotta trash about the Bruiser lately, but I gotta ask, who's even heard of this guy? Whenever I hear the name, it always sounds like Fatass to me, and based on what little I seen of 'im, it's pretty close to the truth."
::blowing out a large plume of smoke from the cigar, flicking it onto the pavement, he eyes the camera::
"But I'm willin' to give this joker a chance. I'm from the streets, and I'll take on all comers. But Natas, yer gonna have to earn this one, 'cause the streets are rough, and out here, there's no rules, just fists and feet and whatever you can get yer hands on. So let's you and me hold onto that and see just who's the toughest S.O.B. in the SWW; we'll do it no disqualifications. Of course, that's assumin' they can get enough butter on ya to fit you through the door, you chump."
::turning away from the camera, he kicks a trashcan hard enough to nearly crumple it in half, a few pieces of garbage falling out as he walks away and the camera pans back::

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Aug 03 2010 08:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a deadline for this? I'm probably interested, but I don't know if I want to get in right away.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 04 2010 09:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

No, there is no deadline. Though, once a match has been anounced, and both persons have received the "Match Card", or the detailed list of the match, I would say that they should be responsible for posting the match within one week. That gives them more than enough time to talk and layout their performances.
Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Aug 04 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't know if we should post it here or not, but there it is. Feel free to move it if necessary.

***Technical Data***
Maelstrom Dire Wolf
CHA - 15 > CHA - 8
STR - 8 < STR - 16
SPD - 15 > SPD - 12
TCH - 8 > TCH - 7
FLY - 17 > FLY – 11
AGL - 17 > AGL - 11
CON - 8 < CON - 16
SUB - 10 > SUB - 7
HRD - 5 < HRD - 12
BRL - 2 < BRL - 8
INT - 7 < INT – 11
COM - 18 > COM - 7
LCK - 15 > LCK - 10

DW: Spear + Kicks in corner
M: Kick + Missile Dropkick + Running Clothesline + off ropes
DW: Arm Drag + superplex attempt
M: Punches + missed senton
DW: Rope Choke
M: Leg Sweep
DW: Throw to Stairs + Knee Drop + Headbutt + attempt bulldog
M: Kick to knee x2 + Leg Lariat + BME + pin
DW: Chokeslam + Dire Bomb + pin
M: Hangup + Shoulder Block + Wheelbarrow DDT + pin
DW: blocked punches + headbutt + German Suplex + attempted spear
M: Springboard Hurricarana + Shooting Star Press + Pin
(we played a bit fast and loose with what exactly counts as a "move" and what's just a repositioning maneuver" =P

***Match Starts Here!!!***

DIRE WOLF PROMO, LOCKER ROOM

Reporter: ... And here we have the Beast, Dire Wolf. Laying low before the big match?
DW: I'm not laying low. And it's not a big match. It's just more of the same.Some PUNK in flashy pants that thinks he can make it here on the SFW and is gonna be going back home
in a BAG. I bet he's to afraid of me to even sleep. Hmhmhm...
Reporter: Uh... Actually... He's on the ring right now.
DW: WHAT??
Reporter:..Y-Yeah, I mean, you can just...
The reporter turns on the TV, and it shows Maelstrom getting the crowds worked up.
Reporter: So, you see...
But Dire wolf is not there anymore.

MAELSTROM PROMO IN RING

M: Hellooooo SydLexia Universe! I just wanna thank everyone for coming out to this meet and greet today.
I'm sure I speak for everyone on this brand new roster when I say that we are all super stoked to be bringing this federation to you awesome fans!

Our first show is gonna be in three days in this very arena, and if you bring your ticket from today's free event, you get half off your ticket for the show!

*Maelstrom goes outside the ring to interact with the audience and give away some SFW merchandise*

G.T: Hello everybody. Gorilla Typhon here at ringside with Good Ol' B.R., Bob Ross. See Bob, that's good P.R..
Not like that thug Dire Wolf. We haven't seen his face for days now.

B.R: I wouldn't call the man a thug, Gorilla, at least not to his face, that is. But you do have a point,
We haven't seen him for a few days, and that can only mean he's up to something.
He's NOT the kind of fighter that just sits on his corner waiting for his match.

*Maelstrom gets back in the ring*

So as you know, in three days I'm going up against Dire Wolf. (pause for booing). Now I've heard that he's a pretty mean guy,
causing trials and tribulations in the indies, and just plain beating people to hell. And if you ask me, he looks like a super villian: Big, ugly, covered in scars,
half of his face masked. So it's my duty as a superhero to put this animal down. That's why, when we step into the ring...

*Dire Wolf intro plays*

G.T:What is this? Dire Wolf is running to the ring! Their match isn't for three days, but it looks as if The Beast doesn't want to waste another second
before going mano a mano with Maelstrom!

B.R. Wait! This ain't right! This fight isn't supposed to be tonight. But Maelstrom is standing his ground as Dire Wolf runs into the ring!

G.T.: Maelstrom is got the crowd on his side, he's not just gonna OH! did you see that? Dire wolf just speared the man across the ring!

B.R. "My God! I think he took him right out of his boots!

G.T: Speaking of boots, the wolf is leaving no room for mistakes! He's cornered Maelstrom and is now following with a series of vicious kicks!

B.R. Thankfully a ref has made it to the ring. Now we can stop this madness... What!? Maelstrom is telling the ref to start the match! He can barely stand!

G.T: The kid has got courage I'll give you that. I can barely watch Dire Wolf from here without running for cover!

B.R. There's the bell. This match is on! Dire Wolf charging in for a splash, but Maelstrom gets a foot up in time!

G.T.: And he follows up with a missle dropkick from the middle rope! Neither one of there men is going to back down, that's for sure!

B.R. A normal man would've been knocked out by a move like that. Wolf hardly looks phazed. Maelstrom comes at the big man off the rope and hits him with a flying clothesline!
Dire Wolf didn't even budge! He's laughing at Maelstrom. Looks like he's gonna try it again.

G.T.: Wow! Dire Wolf spins around and armdrags Maelstrom to the turnbuckle like a sack of potatoes! I keep forgetting just how quick that man really is!

B.R. Maelstrom just crumpled to the mat, this isn't a good start for the superhero.

G.T: Well, B.R, he brought this upon himself, I mean he could have just... Dire Wolf just put him on top of the turnbuckle, and is climbing after him!
Could he be going for a big move so early into the match?

B.R. He's going for a superplex! No, Maelstrom is fighting back with punches to the head! Dire Wolf is staggering... Oh! Maelstrom hits him with a mule kick,
sending him down to the mat.

G.T: The Wolf landed on his back, and it looks like Maelstrom is coming after him with a senton... And lands flat on HIS back, Dire Wolf rolled out of the ring.

B.R. Ah, what's he doing now? He's draping Maelstrom over the bottom rope...

G.T.: ... And he climbs on Maelstrom's neck, choking the man against the ropes! The crowd will have none of that, and neither will the referee!

B.R. The ref is counting... 3... 4... Dire Wolf finally breaks the choke. Looks like he has some choice words for the referee.
Maelstrom must out cold after that... oh my God! Maelstrom hit Dire Wolf with a capoeira style leg sweep! Sending him crashing spine-first onto the apron and onto the floor!
Both men are down!

G.T: Both men ARE down, and show no signs of... Wait, Dire Wolf is up already? What's WITH that man? He picks up Maelstrom, and... OH MY...! He just pulled Maelstrom out of
the ring and tossed the poor man on the stairs! The crowd is booing wildly, but if being dropped on his head didn't stop him, the crowd surely won't dent his madness!

B.R. Now Dire Wolf is rolling him back into the ring. How much more punishment can he take?

G.T: The 6'8" monster is getting back in the ring, and setting up for, Oh! A big knee drop right to the face! Now he's picking Maelstrom up, he's really enjoying dishing
out this pain. Ow! A massive headbutt puts the hero back on the mat.

B.R. But Dire Wolf isn't done. He's picking his opponent up again. Looks like he's gonna go for a bulldog... Oh my God! Did you see that!? I'm amazed Maelstrom even knows
where he is, let alone have the wherewithal to see the attack coming and duck under it!

G.T: Nobody home for Wolf and his bulldog, B.R. Both fighters are slowly getting back to their feet.

B.R. Maelstrom needs to mount some sort of offense here. He's coming off the ropes, and delivers a low dropkick to Dire Wolf's shin, bringing him down to one knee!

G.T: But that won't keep the beast down. Look! He's already back up!

B.R. Maelstrom coming off the ropes again... another dropkick to the other shin! The big man is down on both knees! Maelstrom nails him right in the face with a
corkscrew calf kick! Incredible!

G.T: Uh oh, Dire Wolf has a glazed look in his eyes... Well, his eye. He's down! Finally some effective offense from the hero.

B.R. Maelstrom has gotta keep this momentum going. He's springing off the second rope, up to the top rope. BAM! He hits a huge BME! Going for the pin, 1... No! The monster kicks out before 2.

G.T: Did he just stall on the top rope to smile and point to someone at ringside?

B.R. I think so Gorilla. He loves the fans. Maelstrom needs to keep on the offense while the big man is down.

G.T: Looks like he's going to try and get Dire Wolf to his feet and... uh oh. The Wolf has recovered from his daze and has firm grip on Maelstrom's throat! Here it comes... chokeslam!

B.R. That's gotta be it now.

G.T: No! He's picking him and setting him up for... the Dire Bomb! Dire Bomb!

B.R. Good Lord! He threw him from one end of the ring to the other!

G.T: Stick a fork in that man, he's done. Dire Wolf just needs to make the pin. But he sure is taking his time walking over to what's left of Maelstrom.
Looks like he's taunting Maelstrom and the fans.

B.R. Despicable.

G.T: Finally going for the pin. 1... 2... It's over.

B.R. No! Maelstrom got his foot on the rope! The referee is waving it off!

G.T: Uh oh. Dire Wolf looks mad. Definitely giving the ref a piece of his mind.

B.R. Maelstrom has rolled to the outside of the ring. If I were him, I'd just keep rolling to the locker room.

G.T: Now Dire Wolf is threatening the referee. Come on, he's just doing his job! Okay, now it looks like he's going to finish the match.

B.R. Maelstrom has himself propped up on the apron. Oh boy, the beast has him by the head. Looks like he's gonna... No! Maelstrom counters with a hangup on the top rope!

G.T: I think that just made Dire Wolf mad. He's coming back.

B.R. And he gets a shoulder block to the breadbasket for his trouble! Dire Wolf stumbles back. Maelstrom slingshots into the ring, springboards off the second into a wheelbarrow, aaand up he goes!

G.T: Those two are completely vertical! Maelstrom's boots must be 12 feet in the air!

B.R. And down they come! What a devastating reverse DDT on the Wolfman! Going for the pin again, 1... 2... kick out!

G.T: He barely got 2 that time. I don't know if he has what it take to keep the monster down.

B.R. I think Maelstrom is starting to feel that too. He's lifting Dire Wolf to his feet.

G.T: Maelstrom throws a right hand, but Dire Wolf catches it! A left hand. Dire Wolf catches it again. Another thunderous headbutt sends the hero flailing over the ropes.

B.R. What's he thinking trying to have a fist fight with a giant?

G.T: Dire Wolf has his opponent around the waist, oh! A big german suplex, again sending the smaller wrestler to the far side of the ring.

B.R. It's taking everything Maelstrom has left just to pull himself to a standing position in the corner.

G.T: Dire Wolf is just waiting for him to get up. Here comes the spear...

B.R. I don't believe it! Maelstrom manages to avoid disaster again!

G.T: The beast got all of that spear, unfortunately it was the ring post on the receiving end.

B.R. Maelstrom is bouncing of the middle rope again, Wow! What a hurricanrana! Dire Wolf is down in the corner! The superhero is calling for it, he's on the top ropes. Here it comes... Shooting Star Press! 1! 2! 3! I can't believe it!

Announcer: Here is your winner, Mmmmmmaelstrom!
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 04 2010 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent!

You both recieve 5 points! Maelstron gets a 2 point winner bonus!

That's is a perfect first match to show the world how it is done!

Camera cuts from ringside to a sharply dressed man with a microphone.

Reporter: This is Kip Kalloway here backstage with Natas!

*Camera zooms back to show Natas standing next to Kip, Natas is looking around off camera both directions, and then starts staring at something on the ceiling*

Kip: Natas, you heard the words from Bruiser earlier. Do you have anything you would like to say in return?

Natas: *Finally looks at Kip* What words?

Kip: You didn't hear? The Bronx Bruiser called you a Fat Ass.

Natas: What? Really!?! Ouch, man, that hurts... Why would he say something like that?

Kip: Ummm... I think he was trying to get you riled before your guys' match. You know, to get you mad.

Natas: Oh... Would something like that make you mad, Kip?

Kip: I don't know... Probably.

Natas: *Grabs the mic from Kip and faces the camera, starting to shake and look really pissed off* Well, I know it makes me mad! How dare you! Sir, how dare you! I'm going to beat you senseless, pin you down on the ground and repeatedly smash your face with my fists! I won't stop until your pretty face looks likes a stepped on cherry pie!

Kip: *Grabs the mic back* You mean like that scene in Fight Club?

Natas: *Quickly punches Kip in the side of the neck. Kip crumbles to the floor in agony. Natas takes the mic up from off the floor and yells at Kip* YOU JUST BROKE THE FIRST TWO RULES!!!!! *He tosses the mic behind his shoulder and walks out of the frame.*
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 05 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

*Back to ring side*

Ring Anouncer: Ladies and gentlemen, this next match is scheduled for one fall, with a 40 minute time limit. On the way to the ring, from The Bronx, New York, The Bronx Bruiser!!!!

*Brusier comes down the ramp and into the ring, receiving numerous boos and jeers from the crowd.*

Ring Anouncer: His opponent, from The Stillwater Home For The Mentally Insane, Natas!!

*There are assorted cheers, but nothing special as Natas run down the ramp, around the ring once, then back up the ramp, and through the curtain. The Ring Anouncer and Bruiser both look confused.*

Ring Anouncer: Ummm.... Natas!!!!!

*Natas runs back down the ramp and slides into the ring, sliding across the complete surface of the mat, and would have fallen off the other side if he had not grabbed the bottom rope. Natas stands up and walks over the referee and says something in his ear, who then talks to the ring anouncer.*

Ring Anouncer: "Ladies and gentlemen, I have just been informed that this match has been changed to a Hardcore match!"

*The crowd cheers happily at this news*

GT - Gorrilla Typhoon
BR - Bob Ross

BR - Once again, we're back and ready this next fight. Now, these are both younger pups in the SWF, but they are both eager to show the world what they got.

GT - I think if Natas was a pup, he'd be more eager to pee on the floor and chew on your slippers.

BR - Indeed, Gorrilla. The bell rings and we are under way! Bruiser and Natas tie up. Bruiser gets the upper hand, collar and elbow tie, irish whips Natas into turnbuckle, Bruiser follows through with a running knee in the corner.

GT - Bam! Now that's how you make a first impression, BR. An impression of you knee in their chest, that is!

BR - Natas dodges a 2nd running knee attempt, wisely moving out of the way. He dropkicks Bruiser in the back, which only makes the big man stagger. Natas tries to throw a punch that Bruiser blocks.

GT - Bruiser may not look it, but he's gots some brains upstairs.

BR - Bruiser returns a couple of knifehand chops, then hits a sweepkick out of nowhere. He tries to follow through with a standing elbow drop, but Natas rolls aside.

GT - I'm not sure what Natas has upstairs, but I suspect it may be a "Room For Rent" sign.

BR - As bruiser sits up he is nailed with a Shining Wizard from Natas. Standing moonsault by Natas hits. He goes for the quick pin. ONE... Shoulder up.

GT - Way too early, Bobby.

BR - Natas picks Bruiser up and irish whips him, but Bruiser reverses the irish whip and hits a standing dropkick as Natas returns from the ropes.

GT - I think I'm starting to like The Bronx Bruiser, he has some shades of the all time greatest grappler in him.

BR - You mean Lou Thess?

GT - No, I mean me, you cretin.

BR - Bruiser front mounts with three quick punches to the head. He picks Natas up and nails a suplex! Picks Natas up again, and throws a mid kick. Caught by Natas! Bruiser quickly responds with an enzuigiri!

GT - I don't think I have ever seen moves like that while in the Bronx... Speaking of moves in the Bronx, did I ever tell you about this girl name Candy...

BR - Bruiser climbs the ropes but is caught as Natas recovers and rushes over! Natas dropkicks Bruiser's leg and he crotches himself on the turnbuckle!

GT - There goes the Bronx's Globetrotters!

BR - That's Harlem, Gorrilla. Natas jumps up for a Frankenstiener, but Bruiser holds on to Natas' legs and turns it into a powerbomb off the top rope! BY GAWD, Gorrilla, did you see that!?!

GT - Of course I did, I'm sitting right next to you.

BR - This one is over folks, I think Natas is out cold. Wait a minute! Instead of going for the pin, Bruiser is heading to the outside!

GT - I think Bruiser wants to leave a lasting impact with both Natas and the fans.

BR - Bruiser steals the timekeeper's chair! He slides back into the ring, holding the chair up for the crowd to see.

GT - He's just trying to educate the fans, Bobby! That's called a chair people, and that's what you park your fat asses into every chance you get!

BR - Oh, be quiet, Gorrilla. Natas is getting up! Bruiser turns around in time to recieve a Van Daminator, as Natas kicks the chair into Bruiser's face! My gawd! Bruiser staggers back but doesn't fall!

GT - Looks like Bruiser is starting to bleed from the bridge of his nose, that's only going to piss him off, Bobby.

BR - Bruiser returns with a side kick to the stomach, he bounces Natas off of the ropes, and goes for a bulldog. Natas twists and converts it into a modified Samoan Drop! Unbelievable!

GT - Natas may not have his wits, but he seems to have natural ring ability.

BR - Good call, Gorrilla. Natas places the chair on Bruisers face and hits a double leg drop!

GT - There goes Bruiser's chances of winner that beauty contest later tonight.

BR - Natas rolls out of the ring and digs under the apron. He removes a Table! He slides it into the ring. He sets it up.

GT - I sense bad things may be afoot, Bobby.

BR - Bruiser is back on his feet. He reaches for something in his pocket. Natas turns his attention back to Bruiser and gets nailed with a roll of quarters! Change is flying everywhere!

GT - I'll be right back, Bobby. *GT takes his head set off and goes around the booth and starts to pick up the change around the ring.*

BR - Natas recoils back and tumbles through the ropes. Bruiser moves the table, getting it lined up with one of the corners. He slides out of the ring and recovers Natas, pushing him back in. He hunkers down and waits for Natas to rise to his feet! Natas slowly gets up...

GT - I'm back. And, seven dollars and seventy five cents richer.

BR - Briuser runs and throws himself in the air for a cross body... Natas counters with a Superkick to Bruiser's gut!! My GAWD!!!!

GT - Damn... Bruiser is going to need some Tums later tonight, after that shot!

BR - Natas signals for the end! He lifts Bruiser off the ground and sets up the Helldrop! He nails it! He goes for the pin. ONE! TWO! Wait a minute! Natas gets up and stops the count. He's not done yet!

GT - Pin him, you idiot!

BR - Natas picks up Bruiser and rolls him onto the table! He climbing the turnbuckles...

GT - This isn't going to be pretty, Bobby...

BR - He leaps for a spash! Brusier rolls off the table, and catches Natas into a powerslam through the table! BY GAWD, AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, BOTH MEN ARE BROKEN IN TWO!!!!

GT - No, they're not! They're just out cold! Why would you even say that?

BR - Both men lie motionless in a heap of splintered wood and metal.. The ref sees that Bruiser is on top and begins to count: ONE! TWO! THREE! This one is over!

GT - Well, ladies and gentlemen, I think you just the saw the first and last matches these two will ever have in the SWF... Natas' body has to be as shattered as his mind after that one.

BR - The bell rings, but neither man is moving The ref lifts up bruisers lifeless arm to declare him the victor. Paramedics are rushing down to the ring to tend to both competetors.

GT - I think a mop and bucket would be more useful than a stretcher...

*Camera fades into a commercial break*
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Aug 05 2010 06:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, the cutting promos stuff is fun, but the having to actually rp my matches seems kinda lame. I'll have to sit for a while on this.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 06 2010 09:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
Eh, the cutting promos stuff is fun, but the having to actually rp my matches seems kinda lame. I'll have to sit for a while on this.

The issue with the other way, is that everything falls on one or two people. Like the HWA matches, one person had to run and record the match via No Mercy, and then edit the video and upload it. This way, everyone is responsible for thier own matches. Also, this is a bit truer to real life. The workers are told how long their match needs to be, and who is going to win. Other than that, it is up to them to create the "story" and work out the logistics of thier actual match.

Next matches:

Sir Varbesk - vs - Lars Crashgunner

Chemical X - vs - Mr. Glee

(PMs will go out soon.)
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Aug 06 2010 09:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, I work tonight and the next two nights. So I probably won't be on at all during the evening-night hours until Monday. But, it should be done by next Friday or Saturday.

JonSnow
PostPosted: Aug 06 2010 08:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Reporter: "So Chemical X, you have a fight coming up with Mr. Glee are you excited."
Chemical: "I don't think he has the right chemistry to compete with the likes of me, I'm going to clean house."
Reporter: "You do know he's undefeated right? What makes you so sure."
Chemical "I've been training *points to his can of Chemical X* all week for this fight, one drink of this every day all you need, just buy it from your local stores kids, and you can end up like me *point to chest*. Enough with these questions I got something to say" *Grabs Mic- pushes reporter off to the side*
Reporter "but i thought you were a face."
"Shut up!"
"Listen here Mr. Glee, I'm the fastest strongest mother effer in this competition, and when all them Sydlexians are out there are watchin' this fight, and all them Sydlexians lend me their strength... all the lurkers in the shadows, the regulars, and the moderators are watching, I'm not gunna let 'em down, sadly for you that's exactly where you're going. You won't be smiling after our fight Mr. Glee, you won't be smiling ever again."

*Flexes*
Reporter "Damn, you're ripped to holy shit, you must be monster."
"Hahaha... you'll see a monster in the ring."

The One Truth Will Prevail
Brawl Code: 1805-1876-7506

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Aug 07 2010 02:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

The scene opens in an abandoned warehouse, a lone figure standing in the center. Its head hung low, the pulled up black hooded sweatshirt now obscuring its face. There are bandages wrapped around its hands, stained red with blood. There are very noticeable dents in the rusted walls, almost as if someone had been striking them. There is silence, only the sound of the camera rolling in the air. Suddenly, the sound of what could only be described as carnival music kicks in, followed by what sounds like children screaming in joy. However, careful listening would reveal that these screams were actually a series of numbers, seemingly random in order. Almost as soon as they came, the music and children’s voices cut out.

“So you think you are a big man, don‘t ya?”

The calm, smug male voice seems to emanate from no where in particular.

“You think that just because you bottle your piss and sell it off to children makes you some sort of big shot? You think just because you can manhandle a man who has likely never lifted a weight in his life mean you can defeat us? You think because we are smaller than you that you have an easy win?”

The voice lets out a booming laugh as the figure raises its head, revealing the mask worn by none other than Mr. Glee. His bloodshot stare straight ahead, directly into the camera, almost as if he is projecting all his anger into the viewer.

“We are not afraid of you Chemical X. We are not scared to meet you in that ring. We are not shaken by your idle threats. We have been training X, real training. We have gotten stronger.”

There is a flash, and the scene shifts to Mr. Glee’s bandaged arm punching the steel wall, leaving a dent and a stain of blood.

“We have gotten faster.”

Another flash, and the scene changes again, this time concert pole stands there as Mr. Glee’s leg repeatedly smashes into it, leaving marks of red behind.

“We have become more dangerous.”

A third flash, this time giving a close up Mr. Glee’s mask, those crazed, bloodshot eyes staring deep into the camera.

“We will break you Chemical X. We will break you and drag your broken body around the arena. We will disfigure that sorry excuse for a face. We will leave you drowning in a pool of your own blood. We will leave you pissing your pants in fear, leave you cowering in the corner as you pray for some god to come down and save you. I hope you are ready, because you have never stepped into the ring with someone like us. We will slaughter you.”

The lights cut out for a second, leaving the room shrouded in darkness. It can’t have been more than a second, but when the lights come back on, Mr. Glee has vanished. The shot stays like this for a few moments before panning down, revealing a plain white mask on the ground.

Fade out.
Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Aug 07 2010 05:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kip Kalloway: This is Kip Kalloway and I'm here with Sir Varbesk. Now, Varbesk, I have...

Sir Varbesk: That's SIR Varbesk.

Kip: Sorry Sir Varbesk.

Sir Varbesk: Just don't let it happen again. I was knighted by the Queen herself, and I shant be called by anything less than my full title.

Kip: Anyways, it appears you have a match with Lars Crashgunner coming up. Any thoughts?

Sir Varbesk: Ah yes. I have been waiting for this match for quite some time. Lars Crashgunner is quite the despicable man. He intimidates those without the means to defend themselves. I'd certainly like to see him attempt to intimidate me.

Kip: What about those masked men who often appear during his matches?

Sir Varbesk: They are nothing more than thugs. They run into the ring with their tasers and crowbars to save Lars and then they proceed to gang up on the other wrestler. This is an act of utmost cowardice and I hope Lars doesn't feel the need to resort to this during our match.

Kip: Aren't you afraid of what might happen? Those "Thugs" as you call them have put wrestlers out of commission for weeks!

Sir Varbesk: Not in the slightest. If Lars has any dignity whatsoever, he'll fight me fair and square. Either way, I shall see to it that this terrorist receives his "Due Punishment" and justice shall be served. This, I can assure you. Now, I bid thee farewell, Kip.

Kip: There you have it folks. This is looking to be an incredible match.

This Is Tuna With Bacon

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Aug 07 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

*Camera cuts from the commentators and to Lars backstage looking off-camera with two masked men, boos are head and USA chants begin*

*Kip appears from the side with a mic in hand with Lars not even looking at him*

Kip: Lars, you have a pretty big match tonight with Sir Varbesk. What are your thoughts, what's your gameplan?

*Lars takes a few seconds and finally looks at Kip with a small smirk and replies in a calm manner*

Lars: My gameplan you say?

Kip: Yes, your strategy?

Lars: My friend, that would be a dire mistake on my part. Why should I tell you what I am planning exactly?

Kip: ....Because I'm an interviewer, I interview the wrestlers.

Lars: But that's all you do Kip, you're not that important and yet you're on camera with the both of us being watched by all of the manipulated masses of fatty piles such as the ones who populate this arena. My tactics, my strategy....will remain only to my mind and nobody elses Kip.

Kip: Okay then, I can't change that, bu-

Lars: Of course not, but you see Kip there is power in masses. I know there are some out there whom are still well-knowledgable of our corrupt and greedy fat pig so-called "democratic system". Which is why I am aided by those you see here.

*Lars motions his hand torwards the two masked men behind him*

Lars: That my friend, is real power and we will prevail.

Kip: Interesting, how about your opponent tonight Varbesk?

Lars: Heh, it's funny really. We believe in more or less the same thing Kip, we both want justice and we both do not want it to go along undelivered upon those who deserve the consequences. But, Varbesk has a very very large problem in his ways.

Kip: That is?

Lars: He lives by a petty code of honor and seems to be stuck from an age where woman didn't have their rights and male children were thrown into occupations against their will. How do we know that despite his belief for justice, that he hasn't gone completely mad from it? What if he is actually a war criminal like our current president?

Kip: War criminal?

*Lars' voice picks up a little*

Lars: Yes, many questions go unanswered Kip. All of us have done wrong in our time. I had to kill in my time in the Special Forces, and of course these parasites in the audience today are all guilty of something as well. Bombing a church, murder, robbing a 7-11? Perhaps to Varbesk these are all deserving of the same punishment, but unlike him I have some understanding. So help me God, once I have finally overthrown our oppressive government I will make sure we live a life under Crashgunner. He will listen, he will see, and he will help. Those are my thoughts my friend.

Kip: Thank you La-

Lars: And have a nice day Kip.

Kip: Thanks....back to ringside!

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Aug 12 2010 09:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Has it been a week yet? Razz
Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Aug 13 2010 04:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have yet to receive a Results PM. I assume it's the same case with everyone else.

This Is Tuna With Bacon

JonSnow
PostPosted: Aug 13 2010 01:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Same here... but i'm surprised how curious i am lol.

JonSnow
PostPosted: Aug 16 2010 01:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Chemical X "I hope you're not dead Knyte, because I plan to have that honor, after I decompose Mr. Glee, atom by atom."

JonSnow
PostPosted: Aug 19 2010 02:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Had a question not sure if this is the place to ask it... but I know weapons are used in Hard Core matches, firstly are we doing any of those? I'm curious because I got monster and it makes me immune to first few weapons, are weapon attacks a part of cheating, or is it pretty much useless to have monster? If weapons don't fall under cheating not sure if it's worth it on the list. I just hate to have a gimped special because there's no weapon's at all, i just figured it'd be under cheating.

JonSnow
PostPosted: Aug 23 2010 06:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In the future you should make a post if you're going to be late, just nice and polite for everyone to know what to expect. If things have came up whatever you need to do.. do it, that's more than fine just say something. I do appreciate you volunteering to help organize this.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Aug 23 2010 08:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte's busy doing... some shit. If he was going to post that he was going to be late, he'd have probably done it in response to your four other successive posts. savor the motherfuckin' flavor.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 24 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Matches have been sent. Thank you for your patience.
Reply to topic

Jump to: